British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Kent Laurels

Apparently gilkes is on his way to Leicester with Jenkins & the Thompson twins. That’s one set up already. 

Thought the Jordan heading Leicester bound was Palin? If Gilkes was added to the list could they be heading for the first competitive team of riders all starting on 3.00? 

Thompsons x 2, Gilkes, Palin, Abliit, Mulford, McGurk 21 points used up, limited 3 pointers for any other teams and genuine play off contenders.

12 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

All but confirmed National League last year, whilst he is the only rider who is officially signed, speaking to various lads 5 of our team seems set in stone. 6 if the planning application for Saturday racing next year is passed.

I think its virtually confirmed and for good reason, the crowds are strong for NL level and the club runs at a profit each year. Len has formed a strong bond with many of the riders and he is a notoriously loyal man helping plenty of the side out with various items. If anything moving to a weekend makes rider signings even easier.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thought the Jordan heading Leicester bound was Palin? If Gilkes was added to the list could they be heading for the first competitive team of riders all starting on 3.00? 

Thompsons x 2, Gilkes, Palin, Abliit, Mulford, McGurk 21 points used up, limited 3 pointers for any other teams and genuine play off contenders.

That will walk the league on a low points limit. 

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

All but confirmed National League last year, whilst he is the only rider who is officially signed, speaking to various lads 5 of our team seems set in stone. 6 if the planning application for Saturday racing next year is passed.

A risky policy with everything so uncertain for next year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

True, with no real indication of structure and point's limit could be a disaster if you guess wrong. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Totally agree. With rumours of a lower points limit for next season, it seems foolish to sign riders without knowing the format.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Islander15 said:

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Totally agree. With rumours of a lower points limit for next season, it seems foolish to sign riders without knowing the format.

Very true but Len has done it before. In 2017 he signed Bowen & Clifton before the AGM (with |Thomas & Hopwood lined up but not announced) then was left shell shocked when the limit was cut to 39 points and left Shanes frozen out. I guess the risk is reduced greatly when signing 3.00 pointers and in fairness if the limit stays 39 Kent could track virtually the same side as this year.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, TurnTwo said:

Apparently gilkes is on his way to Leicester with Jenkins & the Thompson twins. That’s one set up already. 

3 of the most promising British riders riding at one of the worst tracks in the country ???

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

3 of the most promising British riders riding at one of the worst tracks in the country ???

have you been there recently?  2nd half of this season has seen some fantastic racing!

21 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

have you been there recently?  2nd half of this season has seen some fantastic racing!

Really???

I've only seen the track when on BT sport and that's been poor and then I've heard all about the NLRC and that's sounded even worse

It was also poor when B'ham raced there ? Which was during the second half of the season ?

Great stadium for spectating, but I don't rate it for 'racing' ! I'm glad I don't have to go there week in week out!

52 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

He's talking about Leicester Mike, not Kent.

I note that the Silly Season for rumours has started early this year !! Simply do not believe that Leicester will be able to sign every good looking

youngster in the country, much as they might like to.