Lambert to Robins, Doyle to Stars

7 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Has a flat in Germany....  i think!

100% correct, lives majority of the time with his GF in a flat in Berlin

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps if he doesnt then he wont/shouldnt be nominated for the GP qualifiers

That could be a reason to stay.....

If he doesn't want to ride in the UK thats his choice. He should not be prevented from riding in the GP qualifiers or the British championship if he wishes. 

It's not his fault that the powers that be in this country have made UK speedway worthless.

You wouldn't be forced to stay at your current work place if it was on the verge of folding and ran by idiots, when you had better offers from elsewhere. 

Especially if you were self employed! 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

If he doesn't want to ride in the UK thats his choice. He should not be prevented from riding in the GP qualifiers or the British championship if he wishes. 

It's not his fault that the powers that be in this country have made UK speedway worthless.

You wouldn't be forced to stay at your current work place if it was on the verge of folding and ran by idiots, when you had better offers from elsewhere. 

Especially if you were self employed! 

But equally if those 'idiots' control access to another avenue for you can you really expect them to keep that open to you if you refuse the mainstream contract......

He says in this weeks speedway star that he wants to ride in Great Britain next season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But equally if those 'idiots' control access to another avenue for you can you really expect them to keep that open to you if you refuse the mainstream contract......

All he would need to do is what Nicholls did last winter go legal.....it would never stand up in court. 

47 minutes ago, mrss said:

He says in this weeks speedway star that he wants to ride in Great Britain next season.

Those comments would be prior to the season finishing so to not upset the apple cart.

We're all just going to have to wait and see.

44 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

All he would need to do is what Nicholls did last winter go legal.....it would never stand up in court. 

Not quite the same IMO as it is at the BSPA/SCB discretion to make the nominations

There are no set criteria to uphold

40 minutes ago, mrss said:

He might very well want to ride in the UK next year, and without doubt all supporters would love to watch him racing here. He really is becoming a fantastic GP prospect and for him the economics of the job will eventually have to dictate where he works. Like the rest of us he is still waiting to find out whether or not we'll have speedway in the UK and at what level next year, because he'll need top quality competition to keep him progressing. I must admit he has really impressed me this season, not only in his racing but in his off track demeanour and interviews. Good to see him smile and look like he's enjoying life.

• Like 3

It very much depends on how much speedway Robert wants in the future....if at some point he is doing Poland, Sweden and GP’s that might be enough for him or he might be like Doyle & Iversen in wanting as much racing as possible. 

Riding in the UK will keep his profile up with tv audiences although admittedly that may be raised further if he gets promoted into next year's gp series sooner than anticipated but I think he will give it another go .....can dream it would be on smaller better shaped Swindon circuit! Then I wake!

47 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Riding in the UK will keep his profile up with tv audiences although admittedly that may be raised further if he gets promoted into next year's gp series sooner than anticipated but I think he will give it another go .....can dream it would be on smaller better shaped Swindon circuit! Then I wake!

The highlight of the year for me was Lambert pushing on and i would relish seeing him race for the Robins .But we know some Troll started this thread and i think all of us have more chance of walking on the moon than Robert joining the Robins.If he moved i could see him joining Poole cant wait for him to progress again in 2019.

Interesting from Lambert that he doesn't want to do Extraliga. Could change but doesn't want to do it and do another year in League 1. 

Something that Fricke should have done as well. 

On 10/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, ZagarRacing said:

Apparently discussions have taken place regarding a swap deal between Jason Doyle & Robert Lambert as permanent assets. Would make sense with Doyle living in Norfolk. 

Kings Lynn want £25,000 plus Doyle for Lambert.

Source 

Someone very much in the know from Tru Plant.

yes Doyle not happy at Somerset for not spending the money on track... the track different every home meeting, never seen so much inside line racing at the oaktree

23 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Interesting from Lambert that he doesn't want to do Extraliga. Could change but doesn't want to do it and do another year in League 1. 

Something that Fricke should have done as well. 

The powers that be own ya in that league.. 

With Lambert signing for Motor Lublin again and in the 2019 Extraliga plus doing Sweden, Denmark, Germany, SEC, World U21 and a GP reserve I don't think Robert will be riding in Britain next year and base himself more in Germany.

if no fixed race nights it will be interesting to see which clubs switch back to Friday and Saturday as this could affect any signings riding in the top league in Poland. Next year they have every meeting live on TV and this will mean one on a Friday, one on a Saturday and two on the Sunday in many weekends and Poland get priority.