British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Lambert to Robins, Doyle to Stars

On 10/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, screm said:

Finally a bit of sense, unless there is a huge change I cant see Robert Lambert racing here next season, I mean why would he.

If there is a huge change I.e 1 diluted league then why would he. If it’s the current 3 league structure I see it more likely for the likes of him iversen Doyle and the odd other (not many) wanting to ride over here. 

If he gets too busy drop Denmark 1st, Germany 2nd. They are the weakest leagues. Then he will have 3 leagues plus individuals. Putting Denmark and Germany before Britain is a bit far. . . For now 

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

If there is a huge change I.e 1 diluted league then why would he. If it’s the current 3 league structure I see it more likely for the likes of him iversen Doyle and the odd other (not many) wanting to ride over here. 

If he gets too busy drop Denmark 1st, Germany 2nd. They are the weakest leagues. Then he will have 3 leagues plus individuals. Putting Denmark and Germany before Britain is a bit far. . . For now 

Has Polish Ekstraliga dropped its three league ruling, with Robert Lambert already signed in Sweden and Poland, he can only choose the UK or Germany as his home league if the rule is still in place.

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

Has Polish Ekstraliga dropped its three league ruling, with Robert Lambert already signed in Sweden and Poland, he can only choose the UK or Germany as his home league if the rule is still in place.

That was dropped due to priority given to each different leagues race nights.

Hence why Iversen did Sweden, Denmark, UK and Poland.

There's absolutely no chance of Lambert giving up on the Danish league as that has way better quality rider's than British Speedway.

Even the German league is of similar standard, if not slightly better than the UK.

Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, UK is probably the World Speedway order in terms of top league standards.

With how poorly fixtures are planned here with huge gaps in the calendar and then forced double headers, it makes no sense in Robert continuing with British Speedway at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whatever the Polish Ekstraliga decide, it wont affect Lambert as he's not riding in the top league is he? Or have I read that wrong?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whatever the Polish Ekstraliga decide, it wont affect Lambert as he's not riding in the top league is he? Or have I read that wrong?

He's signed for Lublin again, they're now an Ekstraliga side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Now agreed to ride for Lublin in the Extraleague

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, UK is probably the World Speedway order in terms of top league standards.

With how poorly fixtures are planned here with huge gaps in the calendar and then forced double headers, it makes no sense in Robert continuing with British Speedway at all.

Is standard of racing all that is important, what riders can earn & how convenient it is, will probably play as large part.

1 minute ago, Col said:

Is standard of racing all that is important, what riders can earn & how convenient it is, will probably play as large part.

Or whether the clubs actually pay what they promise in the contracts!!!?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Now agreed to ride for Lublin in the Extraleague

So is he limited in how many leagues he can ride in, re the "rule" the Poles came up with last year.

2 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

So is he limited in how many leagues he can ride in, re the "rule" the Poles came up with last year.

Not 100% sure but as someone said previously that was sorted with fixed race night`s agreements ie NKI rode Poland, Sweden.UK and Denmark. Polish priority is Friday,Saturday and Sunday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not 100% sure but as someone said previously that was sorted with fixed race night`s agreements ie NKI rode Poland, Sweden.UK and Denmark. Polish priority is Friday,Saturday and Sunday

OK but it seems to be that fixed race nights in UK is not working and is causing some clubs a drop in attendance and financial problems, so do not know where GB goes from here unless the top level drops and GB becomes a feeder for the likes of Poland, Sweden and Denmark and the GP series. 

21 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

OK but it seems to be that fixed race nights in UK is not working and is causing some clubs a drop in attendance and financial problems, so do not know where GB goes from here unless the top level drops and GB becomes a feeder for the likes of Poland, Sweden and Denmark and the GP series. 

You can add Germany to that list according to a previous poster

25 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I would imagine that the ISL(international speedway league) committee will meet and confirm that Poland again have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sweden will have Tuesday`s(and a couple of Wednesday`s). Denmark Wednesday`s(and some Friday`s) and GB will have by elimination  Monday`s and Thursday`s. Obviously this is only priority so GB could run on any night but only have priority on Monday`s and Thursday`s.

Edited by racers and royals

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would imagine that the ISL(international speedway league) committee will meet and confirm that Poland again have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sweden will have Tuesday`s(and a couple of Wednesday`s). Denmark Wednesday`s(and some Friday`s) and GB will have by elimination  Monday`s and Thursday`s. Obviously this is only priority so GB could run on any night but only have priority on Monday`s and Thursday`s.

If that is what is agreed, then it needs to adhered to by our top tier clubs.  Any clubs wishing to hold meetings on a Thursday (I am thinking Ipswich & Sheffield) either ride in the top tier or change their race night.

• Like 2