British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Lambert to Robins, Doyle to Stars

53 minutes ago, Col said:
1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I would imagine that the ISL(international speedway league) committee will meet and confirm that Poland again have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sweden will have Tuesday`s(and a couple of Wednesday`s). Denmark Wednesday`s(and some Friday`s) and GB will have by elimination  Monday`s and Thursday`s. Obviously this is only priority so GB could run on any night but only have priority on Monday`s and Thursday`s.

But the mon and thurs was decided on last year but  we changed to mon and wed, which caused problems 

53 minutes ago, Col said:

If that is what is agreed, then it needs to adhered to by our top tier clubs.  Any clubs wishing to hold meetings on a Thursday (I am thinking Ipswich & Sheffield) either ride in the top tier or change their race night.

Or if they want to ride on a thurs the top league has priority with DU riders 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

On 16 October 2018 at 7:35 PM, Danny Connor said:

If there is a huge change I.e 1 diluted league then why would he. If it’s the current 3 league structure I see it more likely for the likes of him iversen Doyle and the odd other (not many) wanting to ride over here. 

If he gets too busy drop Denmark 1st, Germany 2nd. They are the weakest leagues. Then he will have 3 leagues plus individuals. Putting Denmark and Germany before Britain is a bit far. . . For now 

He he lives in Germany with his girlfriend on spare days so Germany is where he started also plus a few bigger names are now riding there and he has German sponsors. 

Denmark is only a few meetings but Britain on various race nights and thirty odd fixtures are not really going to fit in with all his other leagues and competitions and like Woffinden, Lindgren, Dudek etc will find British way of life and money on offer detracts from the contracts they have elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I would imagine that the ISL(international speedway league) committee will meet and confirm that Poland again have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sweden will have Tuesday`s(and a couple of Wednesday`s). Denmark Wednesday`s(and some Friday`s) and GB will have by elimination  Monday`s and Thursday`s. Obviously this is only priority so GB could run on any night but only have priority on Monday`s and Thursday`s.

Poland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, SWC or SoN, SEC, U21, GP qualifiers and potential GPs on his calendar would he fit in or benefit from racing 30+ meetings here especially as most of his major sponsors are Polish or German. 

He he has reached a level at just the age of 20 and good luck to him trying to complete at the highest level possible and Britain isn't going to test him too much now. Go for it Robert 

• Like 3

He certainly reached a level at the Oaktree last night!!

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He certainly reached a level at the Oaktree last night!!

A little under Kurtz level :wink:

Overall a fantastic season for Lambo. Started on 7.38, finished on 9.31..... 2nd only to JD.

He is entitled to an off night.. Your No 1 had plenty, Kurtz 8.08... finished 6.75.... Less than a point off of a reserve slot for Poole :P

I know what someone gonna say "He wasn't really a No1" Neither was Lambo. Kurtz started on 8.08 to Lambo's 7.38 :approve:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:47 AM, ZagarRacing said:

Apparently discussions have taken place regarding a swap deal between Jason Doyle & Robert Lambert as permanent assets. Would make sense with Doyle living in Norfolk. 

Kings Lynn want £25,000 plus Doyle for Lambert.

Source 

Someone very much in the know from Tru Plant.

Poolebolton beat me to it.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poolebolton beat me to it.

Sorry, 

Even as a Poole fan I like the idea of Lambert at Lynn. 

Think we might see a few new guys in the league. Sweden has signed a lot of riders and not that many spaces left. 

Milik, Bjerre, Pawlicki x2, Hampel, Buczkowski, Zengota, KK, Zagar, Adrian M, Pawel P, Kacper G, Martin S, Jepsen Jensen, THJ, 

I feel if we got a selection of these riders and some of them are very possible it would improve the league. Make it 50 point average and see what happens. Give the league the chance. 

Take into account Holder x2, Doyle, NKI, Harris, Fricke, Lambert, Kurtz, Woryna, Hans, Morris 

You have a good basis of a league which is quite strong. 

• Like 1

Quite how you would fund this list of riders I do not understand? They would hugely improve the league - yes. But the money is not there to pay them what they would likely demand to ride in the UK. Unless we can double the average crowd level across the UK ( at least ). ten or twenty Big Pocket Sponsors?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Quite how you would fund this list of riders I do not understand? They would hugely improve the league - yes. But the money is not there to pay them what they would likely demand to ride in the UK. Unless we can double the average crowd level across the UK ( at least ). ten or twenty Big Pocket Sponsors?

It really depends if a rider wants to earn in their "Spare" time or not... I work as a contractor for quite a large finance firm and get paid really quite well for what I'm doing for them (which is not a lot tbh) but then I'll also do a few bits at the weekend for other clients I have that don't have the funds to pay the same rates as the finance firm... I do know which one has priority though and so do my clients

I can see riders taking Lower money if it gets them to GP. 

Sure riders look at Lambert and Fricke being 1-2 resveve. 

Remember Fricke has been massively criticised in polish press about his season. 

On 19 October 2018 at 9:30 AM, poolebolton said:

I can see riders taking Lower money if it gets them to GP. 

Sure riders look at Lambert and Fricke being 1-2 resveve. 

Remember Fricke has been massively criticised in polish press about his season. 

It was the team criticised more than anything. Runners up last year they needed extra power and gambled on Fricke being the number 8 and coming in when needed however Lebedevs was terrible and moved to Rybnik, Milik was a shadow of his previous year and they had to put Drzodz at 2 and use Max to cover his rides so he was out with Tai most races. 

He he will be back at Wroclaw next season and will have a second pole in Possibly Przedpelski with Magic so a more settled team and of course Drabik at reserve still. 

Edited by INCOGNITO
  • Like 1

Drabik must feel a little hard done by not getting at least one of the reserve spots in the GP's, unless he turned them down of course?

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 1:47 AM, ZagarRacing said:

Apparently discussions have taken place regarding a swap deal between Jason Doyle & Robert Lambert as permanent assets. Would make sense with Doyle living in Norfolk. 

Kings Lynn want £25,000 plus Doyle for Lambert.

Source 

Someone very much in the know from Tru Plant.

Well we all know now, how this panned out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Well we all know now, how this panned out!

How they always pan out. Made up nonsense as usual!

:rofl::rolleyes:

• Like 5