British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Who's the ref? 

Think I was told it was Graham Flint. 

• Like 1

I’d like to be positive and think that Howarth could come in and match MPT’s performance levels around Lynn but it’s difficult to see considering his form this season. 

I can accept losing a two legged tie to a better team, even after finishing top, but for injuries and awful refereeing to play a major part makes it a very bitter pill to swallow. Hopefully the Stars will he fired up and surprise everyone but I can see this being a tight meeting and the margin on the night being two to four points either way. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Tie over with no Iversen/Palm-Toft, Ellis & Howarth average replacements. 

It looks like injuries will decide the winners for the second successive year.

Everything is going Pooles way I'm afraid to say

Kings Lynn can still win this but might need the luck Poole had in the 1st leg.

Edited by Woz01

Its just as likely that KL will come out and win the first 4 heats 5-1 like Poole did yesterday, then its game on!!

14 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Kings Lynn can still win this but might need the luck Poole had in the 1st leg.

No might about it, we need one or two Pirates to have stinkers and some referee calls to go our way. 

A good start is imperative. If we can get a ten point lead over the first five or six heats we’ll have some momentum and a good chance. Really can’t see anything other than Poole keeping it tight though and sealing the deal in a professional, no fuss manner.

From kingslynnstars.co

STARS SKIPPER AIMS FOR FAST START

Tuesday October 09, 2018
action18_pol_kl6.jpg

ROBERT LAMBERT admitted his side need to “hit Poole hard” on the biggest night in King’s Lynn’s history.

The Tru Plant Stars were on the receiving end of a Poole barrage at Wimborne Road on Monday night in the first leg of their Premiership Play-Off final. 

Now they need to claw back a 16-point deficit at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday if they are to land their first-ever top flight league championship. 

It promises to be an epic night and defiant skipper Lambert believes they need to give Poole a dose of their own medicine. 

He said: “We can get 5-1s and hopefully hit them hard from the beginning and their heads will drop. 

“I don’t know what was up with the referee at Poole, I thought he was good before tonight. But that didn’t help us to say the least. 

“I guess 16 points is not the best deficit we wanted but considering how the meeting started, it’s good to come away with that. 

“We would have liked it to be a bit less but it could have been worse. It’s nothing we can’t make up. 

“We are capable of doing to them what they did to us, 100 per cent. We can get off to a flier and it won’t make any difference what gates we’ve got because we know they are consistent. 

“I changed bikes and it seemed to work a bit better but I still didn’t feel comfortable really I was having to ride the thing out of my skin to try and get anywhere. It’s just one of those tracks, I never have liked it and I’m happy it’s the last time I’m coming here this season. 

“We are gunning to bring this back. King’s Lynn haven’t done this before and won the league and it would be great for the club if we could do it.”

Tru Plant Stars have suffered a second injury blow with the news that Michael Palm Toft has suffered a broken hand in his crash at Poole.

Wolverhampton’s Kyle Howarth has agreed to deputise in the reserve spot.

Boss Dale Allitt said: “It’s a big blow to lose Tofty and we cannot deny that.

“I spoke to Kyle and he’s up for the challenge, he’d love to win it with us. I’m sure he can score some valuable points at reserve.”

KING’S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Adam Ellis, Kyle Howarth, Simon Lambert.

POOLE: Chris Harris, Josh Grajczonek, Kacper Woryna, Nicolai Klindt, Nick Morris, Richie Worrall, Frederik Jakobsen.

Edited by Bagpuss

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Its just as likely that KL will come out and win the first 4 heats 5-1 like Poole did yesterday, then its game on!!

No that isn't likely.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No that isn't likely.

Absolutely isn't likely. Poole have the far better gaters. Round the AFA hit the front and ride the inside. Poole by far the favourites to see through a 16 point lead.

Many Stars fans in total denial about how weak our middle order is, picking them for the team in 2019.

Madness :nono:

I’d not have Proctor back as he has gone missing at the vital stage of the season but I’d certainly have Riss and Jorgensen in 2019. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely isn't likely. Poole have the far better gaters. Round the AFA hit the front and ride the inside. Poole by far the favourites to see through a 16 point lead.

Many Stars fans in total denial about how weak our middle order is, picking them for the team in 2019.

Well I think Proctor and Jorgensen have had decent seasons but seem to be running out of gas at the wrong time.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d not have Proctor back as he has gone missing at the vital stage of the season but I’d certainly have Riss and Jorgensen in 2019. 

Riss maybe but I don't think Jorgensen has delivered as expected.

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Stars fans not in denial. Been one of the best middle orders all season. Just having a bad patch in the KO rounds. Plus Proctor having been carrying an injury at the wrong time. They have been up and down at times like middle order riders do. 

• Like 1