British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Riss maybe but I don't think Jorgensen has delivered as expected.

Depends what you expected, he’s on 6.27. I expected 6-6.5 so I think he’s done ok. 

Gutted. If toft is out and with no iversen. I still have faith but it’s a long shot. I can’t believe Ellis is a better option than rr either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends what you expected, he’s on 6.27. I expected 6-6.5 so I think he’s done ok. 

I'm with you.

To be honest Jorgensen has improved his average from the start from 5.93 to 6.27 all I want from riders is a bit of improvement through the season. Proctor has done remarkably well going from 5.50 to 6.57.

Riss also improved by 0.18,could we expected more from those 3 I don't think so. 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its just as likely that KL will come out and win the first 4 heats 5-1 like Poole did yesterday, then its game on!!

Then we have to make sure they dont.

After the poor racing last night it would be good to see something that might entice TV viewers and the casual fans to want to see more live speedway. I hope that King's Lynn manage to win because they deserve to because they finished top of the league and because of the poor hand fate dealt them with the injuries and the dubious refereeing last night. It certainly won't be easy but it's not impossible.

• Like 2

Bed at 4 this morning. Up again at 6 . Work at 8 . Wouldn't mind but the refferee ruined last night for us Stars fans. He was a complete joke. But at least Twatum and Pearhead will be happy that Poole have a good lead. 

• Sad 1

If Nick Morris rides for Poole tomorrow in place of Brady Kurtz then they will be fielding an illegal team on the basis that a fundamental rule concerning averages is being flouted - irrespective of who has agreed that they can!  If they go on to win on aggregate with an illegal team, it will be a tainted victory and Poole will have earned the title “Cheating scumbags” rather than champions!  I do hope they see sense and use RR instead or a legal replacement - with a 16 point lead, they don’t need to cheat either!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't see a Lynn win without the two Danes. Will be unlucky for the table toppers

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

If Nick Morris rides for Poole tomorrow in place of Brady Kurtz then they will be fielding an illegal team on the basis that a fundamental rule concerning averages is being flouted - irrespective of who has agreed that they can!  If they go on to win on aggregate with an illegal team, it will be a tainted victory and Poole will have earned the title “Cheating scumbags” rather than champions!  I do hope they see sense and use RR instead or a legal replacement - with a 16 point lead, they don’t need to cheat either!

Not only that but i am not convinced having Morris is a better choice than r/r anyway and i would be much happier supporting a team of Poole riders. 

• Like 1

^^^ Just the reaction I expected from SS.  I don’t know what there is to laugh about - it’s actually very sad (if it happens)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I kind of agree a bit.It seems some were upset when something morally wrong was going to happen(but not against the rules).Then when the rules are being broken they are happy:blink:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

After the poor racing last night it would be good to see something that might entice TV viewers and the casual fans to want to see more live speedway. I hope that King's Lynn manage to win because they deserve to because they finished top of the league and because of the poor hand fate dealt them with the injuries and the dubious refereeing last night. It certainly won't be easy but it's not impossible.

Just because you finish top it gives you no divine right to wn it whatsoever.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

^^^ Just the reaction I expected from SS.  I don’t know what there is to laugh about - it’s actually very sad (if it happens)

Last week he was throwing the towel in after 3 heats, until Kurtz ended Holders night, then last night lo and behold another member of the opposition knocked off, and unfairly excluded, missed important rides and now out, last season he said Swindon only won because of Injuries, 12 months later and the same situation has arisen, plus the illegal guest, blokes a Hypocrite and a complete wum. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Just because you finish top it gives you no divine right to wn it whatsoever.

Shame Matt Ford  and Middleditch didn't think that in 2010 instead of acting like they did.  Boots on the other foot now so of course their reactions will be completely different.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Just to be clear Poole had already booked Ellis to ride for them at KL.  It was only Allitt's suggestion that KL use Adam and Poole use Morris which Poole agreed to. It was proposed to BSPA/SCB and it seemed a sensible option so special dispensation was granted.

Poole have done nothing wrong. They merely agreed to another club's proposal to avoid the sport looking more stupid than it already was.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4