British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to be clear Poole had already booked Ellis to ride for them at KL.  It was only Allitt's suggestion that KL use Adam and Poole use Morris which Poole agreed to. It was proposed to BSPA/SCB and it seemed a sensible option so special dispensation was granted.

Poole have done nothing wrong. They merely agreed to another club's proposal to avoid the sport looking more stupid than it already was.

If Nick Morris rides for Brady Kurtz tomorrow night then Poole WILL have done something wrong - very wrong - illegal!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

If Nick Morris rides for Brady Kurtz tomorrow night then Poole WILL have done something wrong - very wrong - illegal!

Not illegal if the BSPA MC and the SCB have approved it at Kings Lynn's suggestion. Poole were quite happy to use Adam Ellis who they had originally booked.

All would have been well if KL hadn't booked Ellis to guest at Poole!!!

I know you have a dislike (I won't call it hatred) of all things Poole, but get your facts right on this one. You've only got to read what Dale Allitt explained!!

Edited by Skidder1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to be clear Poole had already booked Ellis to ride for them at KL.  It was only Allitt's suggestion that KL use Adam and Poole use Morris which Poole agreed to. It was proposed to BSPA/SCB and it seemed a sensible option so special dispensation was granted.

Poole have done nothing wrong. They merely agreed to another club's proposal to avoid the sport looking more stupid than it already was.

You can tell them until you are blue in the face Skidder. They won’t listen. Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Shame Matt Ford  and Middleditch didn't think that in 2010 instead of acting like they did.  Boots on the other foot now so of course their reactions will be completely different.

I cant wait to see your post if we manage to hang on...

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not illegal if the BSPA MC and the SCB have approved it at Kings Lynn's suggestion. Poole were quite happy to use Adam Ellis who they had originally booked.

All would have been well if KL hadn't booked Ellis at Poole!!!

I know you have a dislike (I won't call it hatred) of all things Poole, but get your facts right on this one.

Of course it’s illegal!  There is a rule which prohibits this and there can be no justification for ignoring this just because it suits - it totally devalues the result if Poole win!

Would you rather not win fairly with a legal team?

Edited by Steve0

Just now, Steve0 said:

Of course it’s illegal!  There is a rule which prohibits this and there can be no justification for ignoring this just because it suits - it totally devalues the result if Poole win!

Keep gnawing on that bone Steve0

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I know you have a dislike (I won't call it hatred) of all things Poole, but get your facts right on this one. You've only got to read what Dale Allitt explained!!

King's Lynn booking Ellis at Poole was a legal move was it not?

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

King's Lynn booking Ellis at Poole was a legal move was it not?

That caused all this carnage. Yet Poole are blamed? Joke!

35 minutes ago, noggin said:

Last week he was throwing the towel in after 3 heats, until Kurtz ended Holders night, then last night lo and behold another member of the opposition knocked off, and unfairly excluded, missed important rides and now out, last season he said Swindon only won because of Injuries, 12 months later and the same situation has arisen, plus the illegal guest, blokes a Hypocrite and a complete wum. 

It amazes me that anybody takes a blind bit of notice of what he says. He’s a wind up merchant / troll / general wally on here. Just ignore! You’ll feel much better :D

• Like 2

After what happened last night the sport is corrupt to the core....    

I can understand when,  sometimes a ref makes a wrong call ,   but last night it was so clear-cut,.  It is impossible to make the wrong call, it was that obvious EVERY person who saw it recognised it straight away.     Even Kelvin Tatum, the Die-hard Poole supporter,   said it was Jakobsen who took MPT front wheel and caused the stoppage , He has to go.  

So you have to ask yourself why did the Ref make such a bad call at an important point of the meeting  so gift wrapping Poole 6 points and effectively ending the meeting.... ???    

I don't suppose anyone would come forward with an answer.... 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Poole will have earned the title “Cheating scumbags” rather than champions! 

That ship sailed many, many years ago. Probably just after Ford took over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The point is KL made the move, we accepted it and now we are the bad guys again. If we had Ellis for both legs or r/r nobody could have moaned about the averages being wrong. 

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing makes a sport look more stupid than breaking its own rules.

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not illegal if the BSPA MC and the SCB have approved it at Kings Lynn's suggestion.

Yes it is, it is breaking the rules of the sport.

The fact that the ruling bodies allow it simply shows them up to be either 'corrupt' or simply not fit for purpose.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That caused all this carnage. Yet Poole are blamed? Joke!

Did Kings Lynn break any rules? No they didn't.

Are Poole? Yes they are.

The argument over whether the rules are right or not is for the close season.

• Like 1