British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In 1999? haha! Poor from you Bagpuss, you are better than the hating crap banded about! 

Probably not that early but soon after :D

I don’t hate your club but I hate Ford. The stuff he had been allowed to get away with over the years has done irreparable damage to British speedway and even if he does Foxtrot Oscar in the winter (please God) it’s probably too late for the sport. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Couldn't make it up, KL started all this crap and we get the blame! Unbelievable! 

And of course the thing we are all forgetting is that the owner of KL and, the chairman of the BSPA has been left out of this blame game but, is clearly happy with all that has gone on or would have used his power to have called a halt to proceedings!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lynn made Poole agree to it... Oh come on !

We would look like the bad guys if we didn't so not much choice. So rein your BS in. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh did Poole suggest you keep Ellis then? No thought not. I seriously hope we never help out KL ever again!! 

As per usual there are 2 or 3 Poole fans who can see no wrong with Poole at anytime in their existence.Just except both do have a part to play in this debacle.I can't really remember Ford ever helping any club,only himself.He is not the messiah you know,again only in a few peoples eyes.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Probably not that early but soon after :D

I don’t hate your club but I hate Ford. The stuff he had been allowed to get away with over the years has done irreparable damage to British speedway and even if he does Foxtrot Oscar in the winter (please God) it’s probably too late for the sport. 

Say the same about Buster atm, he is starting to drag the sport down with his empty/false promises. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tellboy said:

As per usual there are 2 or 3 Poole fans who can see no wrong with Poole at anytime in their existence.Just except both do have a part to play in this debacle.I can't really remember Ford ever helping any club,only himself.He is not the messiah you know,again only in a few peoples eyes.

Well KL requested it and we agreed so we have helped you out. Best not to throw it back in people's faces. Though I don't think Allitt would do that, just glad KL fans aren't in charge! :D

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Say the same about Buster atm, he is starting to drag the sport down with his empty/false promises. 

For me, Buster has dragged the sport down to almost irreparable harm. He's done that in just 2 years of chairmanship. Yes, Ford has been bad for the sport but that's only been allowed to happen because every other promoter has allowed it too.

Ford is a virus, Chapman is a disease. 

I will never pass another £ into that man's pocket. I'll only watch the Stars away from home in future.

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Riss maybe but I don't think Jorgensen has delivered as expected.

He's just run out of steam late in the season, generally been very impressive at Blunsdon, i'd have him on 6ish at Swindon. :t:

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well KL requested it and we agreed so we have helped you out. Best not to throw it back in people's faces. Though I don't think Allitt would do that, just glad KL fans aren't in charge! :D

I have been told that when it was first reported of the situation of 2 riders riding for both clubs it was suggested that Poole used Ellis for both legs and Lynn used Morris, as allowed with their respective CMA.   Ford rejected this straight away saying he had first choice on Morris.. ,  Dale only suggested us to use Ellis as a common sense solution...   Ford not giving an inch was the reason for the  whole debacle.

As for the fans being in charge,  Had I been the Team Manager,  at the decision of the Ref after that ht12 fall,  I would have gathered the riders and protested with a sit on the track.   If the ref refused to change his mind,  then we would got up and gone home...   .       if the Ref can pull stunts like that,   we don't want to be part of it...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I have been told that when it was first reported of the situation of 2 riders riding for both clubs it was suggested that Poole used Ellis for both legs and Lynn used Morris, as allowed with their respective CMA.   Ford rejected this straight away saying he had first choice on Morris.. ,  Dale only suggested us to use Ellis as a common sense solution...   Ford not giving an inch was the reason for the  whole debacle.

As for the fans being in charge,  Had I been the Team Manager,  at the decision of the Ref after that ht12 fall,  I would have gathered the riders and protested with a sit on the track.   If the ref refused to change his mind,  then we would got up and gone home...   .       if the Ref can pull stunts like that,   we don't want to be part of it...

There's one problem, Buster would have lost a fortune for the home leg and I think that would be the reason Allitt kept his cool

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Yes. Kings Lynn have a record of doing such things in the past. Eastbourne anyone?

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

We don't know what went on, but I do like a bet and that's where my money would go on.. Average rule wavered for Poole.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Surely Ford didn’t have to budge, he’d probably booked his guests the day after Brady was injured? It’s unfortunate that NKI was injured on Sunday but its KL’s booking of an illegal guest that’s caused the problem?

3 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Surely Ford didn’t have to budge, he’d probably booked his guests the day after Brady was injured? It’s unfortunate that NKI was injured on Sunday but its KL’s booking of an illegal guest that’s caused the problem?

Illegal guest  :rofl:  It was perfectly legal. However Morris at Lynn wasn't, but the rule got wavered for Poole.  Fact.

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Utter, utter, made up guff. I know EXACTLY what happened, which has been reported already.