British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

5 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Surely Ford didn’t have to budge, he’d probably booked his guests the day after Brady was injured? It’s unfortunate that NKI was injured on Sunday but its KL’s booking of an illegal guest that’s caused the problem?

Morris and Ellis were booked last Tuesday. I know this for a fact. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Illegal guest  :rofl:  It was perfectly legal. However Morris at Lynn wasn't, but the rule got wavered for Poole.  Fact.

Thats why Poole booked Ellis. Lets face facts here. Allit has acted appallingly by booking Ellis when he knew Poole had already booked him. Disgraceful to be honest which has caused all this sorry mess. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Utter, utter, made up guff. I know EXACTLY what happened, which has been reported already. 

So you know that Poole could of used Adam for both and Morris both for Lynn and NO rules would of needed bending ??

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thats why Poole booked Ellis.

Yes. But when it was decided that swapping riders in the final couldn't happen, why didn't Poole use Adam for both meetings, keeping within the rules?

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

So you know that Poole could of used Adam for both and Morris both for Lynn and NO rules would of needed bending ??

When Poole booked Morris and Ellis there was no issue. It wasn’t until Allit booked Ellis that this mess came about. He could have chosen any number of other riders and all this would have been avoided. Allit the total cause of this mess.

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Yes. But when it was decided that swapping riders in the final couldn't happen, why didn't Poole use Adam for both meetings, keeping within the rules?

Because Kings Lynn demanded Ellis. Think Matt should had just told Lynn to bugger off and we would have to had swapped guests tomorrow. 

OMG - As a new poster on here I am utterly staggered at the anti-poole jealousy and envy that gets posted on here.  Utterly embarrassing  !  Yes, I am a Poole fan, but first and foremost i am a speedway fan.  Yes, the referee made one big blunder last night, football referees make huge rickets every single week, get over it. Matt Ford has always used the rules to his advantage, but he does not make the rules, and he has never broken the rules !  If the green light has been given for Poole to use Morris at Lynn tomorrow, at Lynn's request,  then he is doing nothing wrong. Of course it is not ideal, but give the man a break, he is the most pro-active promoter in the UK who tries to provide the most attractive product he can, despite the majority of other promoters consistently year on year happy to water down our incredible sport to it's current poor state. Trust me, if every club had a Matt Ford at the helm the British speedway would be in a much healthier state !

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Poole booked Morris and Ellis there was no issue. It wasn’t until Allit booked Ellis that this mess came about. He could have chosen any number of other riders and all this would have been avoided. Allit the total cause of this mess.

I dont know the ins and outs of rider availability but there was a lot of discussion at Torun about how many riders had gone home or were already on holiday. Meaning there might not have been a suitably averaged rider available or wanting to ride.

To me this is black and white, the rule is there so whoever booked his guests first is fine its the other team that the SCB should rule must find another guest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thats why Poole booked Ellis. Lets face facts here. Allit has acted appallingly by booking Ellis when he knew Poole had already booked him. Disgraceful to be honest which has caused all this sorry mess. 

Rubbish, it was a decision between both promotions of course, makes sense .... 

It was Allit booking Ellis at Poole which caused all this mess. He must have known it would cause major issues.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

11 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

I dont know the ins and outs of rider availability but there was a lot of discussion at Torun about how many riders had gone home or were already on holiday. Meaning there might not have been a suitably averaged rider available or wanting to ride.

To me this is black and white, the rule is there so whoever booked his guests first is fine its the other team that the SCB should rule must find another guest.

But is was fine for Lynn to use Ellis no rule broken.

He didn’t want Adam for the first leg did he?  He could’ve had him for both legs originally?

• Like 1

Just now, Trees said:

He didn’t want Adam for the first leg did he?  He could’ve had him for both legs originally?

No he wanted Morris. Totally fine. But he couldn’t have Morris for the second leg so booked Ellis. 

15 minutes ago, STEVENGREEN739 said:

OMG - As a new poster on here I am utterly staggered at the anti-poole jealousy and envy that gets posted on here.  Utterly embarrassing  !  Yes, I am a Poole fan, but first and foremost i am a speedway fan.  Yes, the referee made one big blunder last night, football referees make huge rickets every single week, get over it. Matt Ford has always used the rules to his advantage, but he does not make the rules, and he has never broken the rules !  If the green light has been given for Poole to use Morris at Lynn tomorrow, at Lynn's request,  then he is doing nothing wrong. Of course it is not ideal, but give the man a break, he is the most pro-active promoter in the UK who tries to provide the most attractive product he can, despite the majority of other promoters consistently year on year happy to water down our incredible sport to it's current poor state. Trust me, if every club had a Matt Ford at the helm the British speedway would be in a much healthier state !

It may well do... But on his own it don't work.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

No he wanted Morris. Totally fine. But he couldn’t have Morris for the second leg so booked Ellis. 

True,we wanted Ellis for the 1st leg fine but everyone created about that.