British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

This is all rather tiresome now. 

Ill be be there tomorrow, hope we do it but just can’t see it happening to be honest. Then I think that will probably be my lot for speedway for a few years I would imagine 

20 minutes ago, STEVENGREEN739 said:

OMG - As a new poster on here I am utterly staggered at the anti-poole jealousy and envy that gets posted on here.  Utterly embarrassing  !  Yes, I am a Poole fan, but first and foremost i am a speedway fan.  Yes, the referee made one big blunder last night, football referees make huge rickets every single week, get over it. Matt Ford has always used the rules to his advantage, but he does not make the rules, and he has never broken the rules !  If the green light has been given for Poole to use Morris at Lynn tomorrow, at Lynn's request,  then he is doing nothing wrong. Of course it is not ideal, but give the man a break, he is the most pro-active promoter in the UK who tries to provide the most attractive product he can, despite the majority of other promoters consistently year on year happy to water down our incredible sport to it's current poor state. Trust me, if every club had a Matt Ford at the helm the British speedway would be in a much healthier state !

This is absolutely true,with one big difference though football referees get one look at an incident in real time.Last night he had numerous replays,slow mo,different angles but still got it drastically wrong even you have said that.

In my opinion I would much rather have seen both teams go with r/r win with your own riders or lose with your own riders and it would have stopped all of the rubbish that has been spouted on this topic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clive Ward said:

In my opinion I would much rather have seen both teams go with r/r win with your own riders or lose with your own riders and it would have stopped all of the rubbish that has been spouted on this topic.

On that I agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On that I agree.

Oh my god...……….. Steve did say that before whoever it was altered the rules.. See Steve, It's not wrong to give someone credit fella ;)

At  least the sport would have had some credibility. Even my wife thinks it’s a joke and she knows very little about speedway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

At  least the sport would have had some credibility. Even my wife thinks it’s a joke and she knows very little about speedway.

Mine too after the last week.

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

This is absolutely true,with one big difference though football referees get one look at an incident in real time.Last night he had numerous replays,slow mo,different angles but still got it drastically wrong even you have said that.

Granted, only Mr Ackroyd can explain how he came to that decision, and we will probably never get to hear that. I can only think, sadly, that he was influenced by Middlo's comments about his performance at an earlier meeting this season, as Alex Ferguson always did !

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No he wanted Morris. Totally fine. But he couldn’t have Morris for the second leg so booked Ellis. 

So he was well chuffed when he could then, a totally sensible outcome in the circumstances eh ....

25 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Be a job for Lynn now with two riders out though!

1 minute ago, Trees said:

So he was well chuffed when he could then, a totally sensible outcome in the circumstances eh ....

You won't win Trees. There 3 options..... 1.. The blokes thick.... 2...  The blokes always on a wind up... 3.. The bloke in some sort of Poole cult ( re.. Stepford wives) ;)

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes. But when it was decided that swapping riders in the final couldn't happen, why didn't Poole use Adam for both meetings, keeping within the rules?

Steves right mate. Sorry but what he is saying is right.

Yes as it’s turned out with also losing MPT I realise we would have had to use a guest for him but I would still have gone with r/r for NKI with Lambo Erik Ty and TJ taking a ride.

38 minutes ago, therefused said:

This is all rather tiresome now. 

Ill be be there tomorrow, hope we do it but just can’t see it happening to be honest. Then I think that will probably be my lot for speedway for a few years I would imagine 

Why, when was the last time you reached a final ?

Put some sense to it

ELLIS / MORRIS

after many people questioning the decision including me and many on this board stating how stupid it  was to allow a rider to ride for two competing teams in the same final a decision  had  to be made. The decision had to be agreed with by a number of parties in the end commonsense prevailEd.

As to whether you think  Poole got the good or bad end of the deal that is open to debate but I think  all would agree in the interest of the integrity of the sport the compromise though perhaps not ideal is the best arrangement.

PALM TOFT/JACOBSEN

From watching the meeting for my position next to the referees box when I saw the incident live I felt that Jakobsen Had got to the inside of  Palm Toft  who unsettled  went down I didn’t think at the time and nor did some opposition fans see it as any more than a 50-50 call and some thought the KL rider might be in trouble. When watching it on TV its  to me it was pretty clear that Frederik caused MPT To fall and  should’ve been excluded. The referee appointed  had plenty of time to make a decision with cameras and monitors there and in  my opinion  got it wrong. It is not the first time nor will it be the last that referees in any sport will make the wrong decision even using technology and when the imistake seems clear cut  very few  officials are going to admit to making mistake or justify the decision you just have to put up with it .

Suggesting that collusion of any kind in this decision is unbelievable quite frankly some of the comments on here are libellous.

• Like 2