British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Why, when was the last time you reached a final ?

Starry..... I think you know the answer...Lynn have never won it, since 1965.... They touched bottom of the league at 1 stage, and finished 6 points clear. NKI injured Sunday, MPT injured Monday. Poole allowed a rider that don't fit Weds... How would you Poole fans feel.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Starry..... I think you know the answer...Lynn have never won it, since 1965.... They touched bottom of the league at 1 stage, and finished 6 points clear. NKI injured Sunday, MPT injured Monday. Poole allowed a rider that don't fit Weds... How would you Poole fans feel.

Its unfortunate. But it’s not Poole’s fault. What are we meant to do? Roll over and let you win?

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its unfortunate. But it’s not Poole’s fault. What are we meant to do? Roll over and let you win?

How about Poole returning the favour. Bellego nearly fits for MPT, in fact there is less a difference from Morris to Kurtz in the 2nd leg.  What do you think the right thing to do would be ?

In your own time.

Edited by Bald Bloke

What a farcical end to the season , what a complete joke / laughing stock British speedway has become .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

How about Poole returning the favour. Bellego nearly fits for MPT, in fact there is less a difference from Morris to Kurtz in the 2nd leg.  What do you think the right thing to do would be ?

In your own time.

Palm Toft - 5.65 / Bellego - 6.07 = 0.42 (7.4%)

Kurtz - 6.75 / Morris - 6.91 = 0.16(2.4%)

:blink:

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isn't that what you expected Lynn to do by not choosing Ellis which was perfectly within the rules. Double standards!!

15 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Palm Toft - 5.65 / Bellego - 6.07 = 0.42 (7.4%)

Kurtz - 6.75 / Morris - 6.91 = 0.16(2.4%)

:blink:

MPT plus 5% at home so 5.65, you are allowed 5.93 … Bellego is 6.07 = 0.14

Kurtz 6.75, no %5 as its an away meeting !.. So 0.16 

Not that he can/ will ride. Just giving an example

Edited by Bald Bloke

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

MPT plus 5% at home so 5.65, you are allowed 5.93 … Bellego is 6.07 = 0.14

Kurtz 6.75, no %5 as its an away meeting !.. So 0.16 

Not that he can/ will ride. Just giving an example

MPT is a reserve though, so doesn’t qualify for an extra 5%. I thought we discussed this earlier :blink:

54 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In your own time.

We've already done you one favour, how many do you want? :blink:

4 minutes ago, Nellie said:

MPT is a reserve though, so doesn’t qualify for an extra 5%. I thought we discussed this earlier :blink:

Hence I said not than he can ride. But is harsh that one rule was scrapped for 1 meeting, but a similar one can't

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole are the only ones to have gained.... Got a riders average wavered for 1 meeting

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Good old Poole always willing to help out their fellow clubs, wonder what Sandhu and Frost made of them favours circa 2010/11? or Swindon when they refused to sign Miedzinski as an asset in 2012, instead taking advantage of the loan system to abuse his average for 3 months to facilitate the signing of KK. It's a good job they're here or British Speedway would be in a right mess. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Weasel
Addition.

15 minutes ago, Nellie said:

And nor should Morris qualify for the 5%

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It may well do... But on his own it don't work.

Agreed, I just hope it's not too late for British speedway to pull itself out of the mire, and the only chance they've got is for everbody, and I mean everybody, pulling in the same direction! Too many high profile tracks have closed during the last 20 years, Wimbledon, Oxford, Reading, Hackney, Cradley and Coventry to name just a few.  In any sport, at any level, one team has to come top, and one team has to come bottom unfortunately.  That Poole have been so successful in recent times is no coincidence, it is because Matt Ford has worked harder at it than most of the others.  If the product is right, the tracks are prepared right, we all know that live speedway can be the greatest spectacle of all sports to watch, let's hope and pray that there is a way back from this current mess

Edited by STEVENGREEN739

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole are the only ones to have gained.... Got a riders average wavered for 1 meeting

Need to ask your club why they wanted Poole to do that then. Blaming the wrong side i'm afraid.