British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hence I said not than he can ride. But is harsh that one rule was scrapped for 1 meeting, but a similar one can't

Oh right. I didn't realise you wanted to ignore that reserves don't get an additional 5%, in order to be able to say that MPT to Bellego is closer than Kurtz to Morris. Sorry, crack on. 

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

And nor should Morris qualify for the 5%

Yeah, that wasn't really the point though.

29 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I stopped looking at this forum about 15 minutes after the end of the first leg, the usual muppets spouting the usual crap. 

Its no wonder riders dont bother looking on here. 

At at the end of the day it’s only racing. 

Thats a riders view, money in the bank with out any concerns about which team wins.

Fans have more commitment.

It's why league speedway in the UK is on its arse

Edited by MARK246
  • Like 2

Good luck to both teams tonight - I just hope that common sense prevails and Poole use a legal guest or RR and I will be one if the first to congratulate them if they get the aggregate win - not with an illegal team though

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Good luck to both teams tonight - I just hope that common sense prevails and Poole use a legal guest or RR and I will be one if the first to congratulate them if they get the aggregate win - not with an illegal team though

Pretty sure there has been an agreement between Poole and Lynn regarding Morris and Ellis so no worries! 

9 hours ago, Mediman said:

Put some sense to it

ELLIS / MORRIS

after many people questioning the decision including me and many on this board stating how stupid it  was to allow a rider to ride for two competing teams in the same final a decision  had  to be made. The decision had to be agreed with by a number of parties in the end commonsense prevailEd.

As to whether you think  Poole got the good or bad end of the deal that is open to debate but I think  all would agree in the interest of the integrity of the sport the compromise though perhaps not ideal is the best arrangement.

PALM TOFT/JACOBSEN

From watching the meeting for my position next to the referees box when I saw the incident live I felt that Jakobsen Had got to the inside of  Palm Toft  who unsettled  went down I didn’t think at the time and nor did some opposition fans see it as any more than a 50-50 call and some thought the KL rider might be in trouble. When watching it on TV its  to me it was pretty clear that Frederik caused MPT To fall and  should’ve been excluded. The referee appointed  had plenty of time to make a decision with cameras and monitors there and in  my opinion  got it wrong. It is not the first time nor will it be the last that referees in any sport will make the wrong decision even using technology and when the imistake seems clear cut  very few  officials are going to admit to making mistake or justify the decision you just have to put up with it .

Suggesting that collusion of any kind in this decision is unbelievable quite frankly some of the comments on here are libellous.

Pleased to hear opinions from a sensible Poole fan, and I can except most of what you say. but you seem to forget the importance of the situation when making that mistake.  We as a club were dealt a savage blow  losing our top SGP rider and forced to use a 2nd string replacement, making us considerably weaker ,     We had started this match terribly  losing out in the first five races, but clawed our way back into contention, when the Ref makes the most almighty blunder, rewarding the  reckless riding of Jakobsen and  gift wrapping Poole  6Pts. .    MPT was penalised for doing nothing wrong.     It was a monumental error  of  gigantic proportions gift wrapping Poole success.   There can be no excuse for making a mistake of this magnitude.  It wasn't even a difficult  decision..

But it don't stop there,  the consequences of that move by Jakobsen, ,  means we have lost our (ace in the hole) MPT,   for the rest of the final, a double whammy , that to me  all but seals our fate.   So when you consider  all the issues and problems that have incurred, with this our first final,   it is of little wonder people feel unhappy  how its all turned out.   If we had a full team overcoming 16 deficit would be difficult, but doing it without 2 of your ace riders is near impossible.    That mistake and those 6 pts blundered by the ref,  has made this second leg a foregone conclusion..

NB.   The replacement of Howarth for the injured MPT is insane...        MTP, quick gater,  smooth rider, likes grippy tracks  would have scored at least 12 points from his many rides,    Howarth wont score half that...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn ARE the reason all this has kicked off.

Poole had Ellis and Morris booked as guests for Kurtz.

King's Lynn booking Ellis for Monday, although not against the rule, made the sport look a total embarrassment by swapping guests for each leg.

If everyone was totally honest with themselves, King's Lynn should have been made to find an alternative guest. Poole should have kept Morris and Ellis.

There are other alternatives out there and Poole should have NO blame. 

There were alternatives available to King's Lynn, i.e. R/R, Jacob Thorssell, Hans Andersen, Ricky Wells and David Bellego. The first 3 being much clearer options.

Stars fans 'disgracing' Poole and it's supporters for it's blinkered views are exactly the same. 

This whole sorry mess all started from King's Lynn 'disgracing' the sport and we all shouldn't get away from that.

Yes there were terrible decisions from the referee in the meeting but these wouldn't have been as bigger issues had King's Lynn not gone 18 points down in the first 5 heats. We displayed an embarrassing start to the meeting. 

Also, just remember, had Jakobsen been excluded instead of MPT, he was still injured. Had he come out for the rerun as the adrenaline was flowing, 100% would have pulled up in that heat with a broken wrist. Result; 51-38.

Although a bit of fighting spirit was shown by King's Lynn mid meeting it was still a pretty abysmal performance. 

People should wind their necks in, focus on tonight and try to turn this result around fair and square with what we've got.

Regardless of whether Ellis and Howarth score 0, King's Lynn need 8+ from all of Jorgensen, Riss and Proctor. Double figures from R.Lambert to be expected and 3-4 from S.Lambert. Any points from Ellis and Howarth should be looked at as a bonus.

We have to go into this meeting with our minds set as a 5 man team and our middle order has to be on form. If one of Jorgensen, Riss or Proctor flop, quite frankly we're in the poop and we only have ourselves to blame for the appalling display in the first leg. 

Fingers crossed all rider's end the night safely, both sets of fans have an enjoyable evening and the world becomes a happy place again. 

May the best team over the 2 legs win and good luck all

:t:

Through all this anti Poole mud slinging I come across a this post that has nailed it perfectly. Well done that man.

• Like 3

So what do people on here think about Kings Lynn putting out an illegal team tonight?

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So what do people on here think about Kings Lynn putting out an illegal team tonight?

Most have given up on this rule breaking episode  between 2 teams.The new rule will be if the 2 teams riding against each other agree you can field any Team you want.:t:There Will definately be a few riders looking for bookings next season reading between the lines.The sport is on it's a#se.

Howarth is illegal. Don’t the rules state that no member of a semi final losing team can guest in the final? OK he’s a wolves rider but rode for Somerset in the semi final at Poole.

Plenty of time for Kings Lynn to find someone else.

:wink:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Howarth is illegal. Don’t the rules state that no member of a semi final losing team can guest in the final? OK he’s a wolves rider but rode for Somerset in the semi final at Poole.

Plenty of time for Kings Lynn to find someone else.

:lol:

I'll take Ricky Wells with an extra 5% that Poole have been afforded:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You KL fans need the same thing explaining a lot of times don't you?? :blink:

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Lol. I hope you realised my post was posted light heartedly.

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

You KL fans need the same thing explaining a lot of times don't you?? :blink:

You know what a smiley means I take it :D

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Pretty sure there has been an agreement between Poole and Lynn regarding Morris and Ellis so no worries! 

That is the worry when 2 Teams can make up their own rules.:nono:

Just now, Fromafar said:

That is the worry when 2 Teams can make up their own rules.:nono:

KL and Bspa chairman suggested new rules.