British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You know what a smiley means I take it :D

It's still early for me! 

• Like 1

I'm going to ignore all the crap from both sides and simply wish...

its a meeting with plenty of good racing

no injuries

no controversial ref decisions

the best team wins

I very much doubt all the above will happen but we can hope.

• Like 3

Leaving for the very long trek up to Kings Lynn at lunchtime. Hopefully there’s quite a few Poole fans also heading up. Leaving early rather than get caught in long traffic jams on the M25/M11.

What time do the gates open?

About 1800.... Best you come into the bar and have a go on the 50/50, a tenner's worth? :D

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leaving for the very long trek up to Kings Lynn at lunchtime. Hopefully there’s quite a few Poole fans also heading up. Leaving early rather than get caught in long traffic jams on the M25/M11.

Traffic wise yesterday was very good.Although we didn't go up to the M11 thats just risking to many miles on the M25.We turned off on the M1 then onto the A421 across to the A1/M and went Peterborough way.No difference in mileage just gives a lesser chance of being caught out on the M25.

As regards gates opening i'm not sure,probably around 17-30 tonight.The weather is going to warm anyway so bring yourself a picnic and blanket and sit on the nice hard concrete outside the stadium and wait for the gates to open:D 

g13

It was a big bad error and the consequences for KL went far beyond it and no question you guys came off very disadvantaged. I suppose the easy answer is oh well it’s speedway but it does not help the showpiece final of a sport that is trying to attract a new and bigger audience.

I don’t have the answers but I have a lot of questions for the people who run the Sport and have voiced these in many emails all of which have not even had- a reply. When administrators won’t engage with fans they miss a real opportunity of listening to other views some of which would be well worth looking into. As a business owner I regularly seek the views of my staff and customers to make sure I am not dropping a ball and it’s a great way of keeping things in perspective , speedway has lots of loyal fans and at times it seems that have to put up with what is served up and what is decided by others . All promoters want the best for their teams and will know every possible way of exploiting any loop holes that’s knowing your business perhaps some non promoters and business people and marketers should be invited on to a management committee whose job it is to protect the integrity and future of the sport.

Best wishes to both teams tonight may the winner be Speedway 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Traffic wise yesterday was very good.Although we didn't go up to the M11 thats just risking to many miles on the M25.We turned off on the M1 then onto the A421 across to the A1/M and went Peterborough way.No difference in mileage just gives a lesser chance of being caught out on the M25.

As regards gates opening i'm not sure,probably around 17-30 tonight.The weather is going to warm anyway so bring yourself a picnic and blanket and sit on the nice hard concrete outside the stadium and wait for the gates to open:D 

Yes good idea I've been that way before, the A421 is a good fast road usually  or A34 way and avoid M25 altogether.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I usually go A34 way not as quick if M25 is ok but M25 isn't very often ok in my experience.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I usually go A34 way not as quick if M25 is ok but M25 isn't very often ok in my experience.

Usually a far better and less congested route rather than the M25,  I used to cut across from A34 to Bedford and the A1.   M11 and M25 back after the meeting at 10pm might be ok, also less speed cameras.

Edited by A ORLOV

Route planner shows a34 way to be about 15 mins longer. Might take the gamble and go that way. 

The gates to the AFA are already open, there is lorry after lorry going in there at the moment. Must be delivering new material for the track.

Promoter Robin Brundle tweeted this morning that work on the track re-commenced at 5am this morning.The photo he shared looked like they were watering the track heavily.

God knows what's going to happen tonight, could be any score.

Just hope the Stars riders use the 'behind closed doors' practice session later this afternoon to get dialled in so that they can hit Pirates with some 5-1's early doors.

That would make it interesting!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

The gates to the AFA are already open, there is lorry after lorry going in there at the moment. Must be delivering new material for the track.

Promoter Robin Brundle tweeted this morning that work on the track re-commenced at 5am this morning.The photo he shared looked like they were watering the track heavily.

God knows what's going to happen tonight, could be any score.

Just hope the Stars riders use the 'behind closed doors' practice session later this afternoon to get dialled in so that they can hit Pirates with some 5-1's early doors.

That would make it interesting!

A deep loose surface of shale may suit the Kings Lynn riders, the only trouble with that is that Chris Harris will like that as well.    

On 10/9/2018 at 10:00 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

So after last night Pirates take a 16 point lead into the second leg at Kings Lynn. Is it enough?

You can be sure that Kings Lynn will be fired up and want to hit us hard from heat 1. The Pirates will be aware of this and will not want any last places. 

Thoughts?

Are the rules still the same for tonight?