British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't know about bricks, but i was at the stadium this morning and thought i saw a box of these :wink:

Related image

Oh dear, desperation tactics.:angry:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Remember being at Newcastle when Comets were there, with Howarth then a Comet, my mate and I got talking to a young girl standing next to us ..who was on her own.

We said we had been Comets fans for many moons.......she said she was Howarths' girlfriend........she added  - so you might have heard of my Dad then ?.....he's Neil Middleditch.

Sincere apologies if that is no longer the case mind....but we both told her we had indeed heard of her Dad... lol...........

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, ray c said:

I think you could be right with lose of palm toff makes life very difficult for you Ellis could do well if he gets out the gate let's hope its a good meeting with no injuries

And a poole win, you forgot that bit.

28 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Just look at the wink emoji,for christ sake do you honestly think anyone would put any of those in a track

• Haha 3

Just shows up the amateur ways of Speedway with all this talk of illegal guests when fans should be looking forward to a good nights racing in the play or finale.:unsure:

37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Just to clarify Starry. No land mines at the AFA tonight :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Just shows up the amateur ways of Speedway with all this talk of illegal guests when fans should be looking forward to a good nights racing in the play or finale.:unsure:

speedway is semi pro-----at best in britain

hear hear

We might have some good racing tonight. We could have had a tight score at the start if Poole hadn't had payed the refferee to make some dreadful decisions in the first leg.

I was looking forward to the 2nd leg after being to Kings Lynn a few times this year but after reading all the pages on here mainly with the use of guests, I find it unbelievable that lessons have not been learned from last year.

Scott Nicholls was a rider used by Sheffield in both legs of the KO Semi final last year(all above board). In the Final, he rode for Peterborough at Peterborough then for Ipswich at Ipswich and this raised eyebrows to how it could happen but, again, all above board & within the rules.

We have had t/r & now t/s used in the league but not in 2 legged matches. A rule was put in place this year allowing a guest to only ride for 1 team in a 2 legged KO Cup Match. Obviously, we now know it should have been put in the section covering guests for all 2 legged matches & an amendment rule has been put in place.

Poole did nothing wrong in picking Morris & Ellis to guest after Brady Kurtz got injured. Kings Lynn did nothing wrong in choosing Ellis to guest after Iversen was injured. Now, the BSPA have come out with a statement mentioning the credibility of our sport & going against rules in place because of the event at the weekend putting Tai & British Speedway in the news spotlight. This just shows that rules can be broken at any time with permission of the BSPA.

We, at Scunthorpe, were trying to do something by removing a rider in the best interest of his mental health & suffering but was after the transfer deadline. We were only doing what a few others had done in the past but were not choosing a specific rider to replace him but by giving other young British riders a chance to see what they could do. Most of the replacements were below his scoring average in the NL so we were not seeking an advantage as others have perpetrated. Even the rider himself has come out & said he made a mistake by saying he wanted to carry on.

Just arrived in Kings Lynn after a 4.40 minute journey. Traffic bad around Ely. Currently sitting in Pizza hut enjoying a pre meeting meal before heading over to the stadium in a bit. 

Lovely amd warm here. Blue skies. 

4 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Stars 55-35 Pirates

I would guess Poole will hit two 5-1s and two 4-2s throughout the night....on that basis (which isn't extreme), kings lynn would need 7 plus 5-1s....a tall order

24 minutes ago, mrss said:

We might have some good racing tonight. We could have had a tight score at the start if Poole hadn't had payed the refferee to make some dreadful decisions in the first leg.

i thought you were going to post a sensible post alas not