British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

1 minute ago, Jason.C said:

Wow, I am glad we haven't got Ellis guesting for Poole tonight. 

You got away with that one mate :)

I suspect that the Stars have run out of options and with Ellis being a poor substitute (is he really the best that was available) sad that history is unlikely to be made tonight. Oh well always next year.

Tbf iversen wouldnt be making much difference really 

• Haha 1

Never got the hype that surrounded Ellis, tie over wouldn't mind some good racing to end the season.

1 minute ago, mrlincolncity said:

Tbf iversen wouldnt be making much difference really 

I disagree, Iversen would have risen to the occasion.  As for Simon Lambert, he's a home rider and he's been woeful so far, no excuse.

Gutted that Lynn haven't made a match of it, don't think I can stomach the Poole celebrations at the end.

A complete anti climax and borefest so far 

• Like 1

This is supposed to be the pinnacle of the domestic season. Quite frankly both this and Monday are complete bore fests and demonstrate all that is wrong with speedway nowadays. The only thing they will be remembered for is controversial decisions by referees.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame. No one really wins here.

Kings Lynn look unlikely to get their maiden win and Poole won't be able to enjoy the victory the way they should, although I'm sure their fans will say otherwise.

Ultimately injuries always rob the fans and riders of a fair a competitive final so the teams can win/lose with little no excuses.

• Like 1