Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

1 minute ago, Jason.C said:

I can't see matt walking away completely. 

I think you will find he will if the right offer comes a long 

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Take off morris illegal 7 points and Lynn are champs 

Exactly!

Morris scored 7 and shouldn't of been there, and yes I did say it before a wheel was turned. However he scored 7 for Kurtz.

Lynn scored 6 points for NKI and MPT..

Well done Poole

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

In a roundabout way we probably got what we deserved for the shenanigans over the guests. Poole will and should feel justified league champions. 

You really are bitter towards lynn aren't you!?  

• Like 1

Well done to Poole Pirates on winning the weakest top division  title ever. The quality of the speedway in the Grand Final shows why British speedway is on its knees, the product is awful. Good luck to Matt Ford trying to sell Poole on the back of that, no wonder he can't wait to get out before his business is worth nothing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

In a roundabout way we probably got what we deserved for the shenanigans over the guests. Poole will and should feel justified league champions. 

Voted Lynn supporter 2018 :rofl:

What are you buying exactly ???

A tractor with a grader,  a set of starting tapes, coloured lights,  flags, an air fence and safety fence  anda little  "track material"  and some pot holes ? The rider "assets"  have little value as they are all guns for hire and ride where they please. I suppose Mr Ford will take the trophy cabinet with all his pots !

You wouldn't even be guaranteed which division of racing you might be taking part in , or more importantly which race night you might have to race your home meetings.

Hardly a growth business ... I doubt Dragons Den woudl take it on.

3 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

The quality of the speedway in the Grand Final shows why British speedway is on its knees, the product is awful. Good luck to Matt Ford trying to sell Poole on the back of that, no wonder he can't wait to get out before his business is worth nothing.

Pleased I am not the only one who thought the racing was complete pants.

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What are you buying exactly ???

A tractor with a grader,  a set of starting tapes, coloured lights,  flags, an air fence and safety fence  anda little  "track material"  and some pot holes ? The rider "assets"  have little value as they are all guns for hire and ride where they please. I suppose Mr Ford will take the trophy cabinet with all his pots !

You wouldn't even be guaranteed which division of racing you might be taking part in , or more importantly which race night you might have to race your home meetings.

Hardly a growth business ... I doubt Dragons Den woudl take it on.

£ 5k

Well done the Stars,you did us proud.  All the more to fight for next season. Hay O, 2019 here we come. xx  :t:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Shame the guests used cant be on a par with who they replace though really! May as well give a junior a ride if thats the best alternative imo! 

More like it’s a shame there aren’t more options to use from for guesting, On paper Howarth for MPT was at least a like for like but Iversen on that average was irreplaceable. No disrespect intended on Ellis but he could never have been expected to remotely equal what Iversen would have likely scored.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

More like it’s a shame there aren’t more options to use from for guesting, On paper Howarth for MPT was at least a like for like but Iversen on that average was irreplaceable. No disrespect intended on Ellis but he could never have been expected to remotely equal what Iversen would have likely scored.

On paper, yes... MPT would of scored 6 -7 from 4 and NKI would of scored a lot more than 3. Morris scored 7. Like for like.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

On paper, yes...

As was widely anticipated, the whole season was decided by the events in heat 12 of the first leg. A six points switch round resulting from an amazing decision by someone who had clearly missed his appointment at Specsavers. 

• Like 7

Well that was a terrible meeting racing wise...not really seen racing at King's Lynn since my brother in law rode there and I saw it every week for a season and the racing that year from Henka and Loram and Brhel at times was unreal...that was a shadow of that if that's what it's like now....crowd looked decent though...

6 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

As was widely anticipated, the whole season was decided by the events in heat 12 of the first leg. A six points switch round resulting from an amazing decision by someone who had clearly missed his appointment at Specsavers. 

I think the first leg heat 12 decision was nullified by the second leg heat 3 where the KL rider decided to ride around on the infield... And of course the refereeing was first class tonight, if you were a KL supporter.