British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

So stultifyingly boring in its predictability that I even forgot it was on tonight until 8.45 and was happily listening to the Folk show on Radio 2 until I remembered there was speedway on. Hardly worth the bother of opening the app. And that’s the supposed climax of the season.

How badly does speedway need a makeover! 

5 minutes ago, speedybee said:

So stultifyingly boring in its predictability that I even forgot it was on tonight until 8.45 and was happily listening to the Folk show on Radio 2 until I remembered there was speedway on. Hardly worth the bother of opening the app. And that’s the supposed climax of the season.

How badly does speedway need a makeover! 

No the climax of the speedway season comes from the real league - The Championship with it's semi-finals, final and the KO Cup and Shield Final.

Very boring. Big changes needed. Over to the bspa. But not very hopeful.

A spectacle it was not, both meetings being quite ordinary, but remember that Poole have in the past suffered the same fate as King Lynn did tonight, so congrats to the Pirates, and condolences to the Stars...maybe next year.

10 hours ago, tricky dicky said:

I don't see how you could expect Iversen to score anywhere close to 13!! And I'm not so sure Palm Toft was going to have 7 rides tonight!!  If Ellis gets 7/8 from his programmed rides and Howarth 8/9 from 5 I don't think it would be too far off what the 2 Danes would have scored!! 

Well Howarth & Ellis scored 6 between them. Palm Toft would have got that, let alone Iversen. Which Poole riders do you think capable of taking points off Iversen?

I watched the first 4 heats, that was enough. Thankfully, I don't have much interest in this section of the forum anymore. The South Coast Swagger this close season will ensure I steer well clear.

2 hours ago, fliss44 said:

So do you think Poole gave us a decent track?

It's been a lot worse this season!

As a neutral, I had to feel for KIng's Lynn. Losing on aggregate by 4 (the minimum the referee cost them in the first leg - and I'm sorry, but the KL rider did not cross the line into the infield with both wheels tonight); losing two influential riders, not even nearly adequately covered by the guests; and finishing 9 points ahead of Poole in the table...it's pretty sickening for them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fliss44 said:

We will agree to disagree -- the track on Monday was awful as were the decisions made against Kings Lynn by the ref. BTW I am a neutral.

Sorry but no you are not! 

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poole up for sale haha

T*** and so is the poster who likes it!

1 hour ago, mrlincolncity said:

Does matt still cut hair :rofl:

Ummm he never cut hair, his wife did though....

Well, glad that's over..

Well done Poole, a nation rejoices...

I am sure lots of coverage in the Daily's tomorrow and on the National news bulletins, given the amount of kudos gained from becoming a British Speedway Team Champion.....

It must be soon time to start the 'Most important AGM ever, ever, ever" thread surely? 

Poole are champs then! 

Whod of thought that months ago?

• Like 4

Buster said in his program notes tonight that “the product is fine, yes we need to sort some issues out at the AGM but the product is fine”

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Buster said in his program notes tonight that “the product is fine, yes we need to sort some issues out at the AGM but the product is fine”

1001 issues!