British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

Get in there 2018 Champions can only beat whats in front of you,the boys done good tonight was close in the end but had confidence in them #piratepride 

• Like 3

Absolutely delighted Poole are the Champions. Well done to everyone connected with Poole Speedway.

A close second is seeing the usual Poole haters unable to hide their feelings towards Poole and posting the usual bile:rofl:

Commiserations to Kings Lynn you fought all the way through the 2 legs. I'd like to see you actually become champions one day that's of course unless it's Poole!?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fliss44 said:

We will agree to disagree -- the track on Monday was awful as were the decisions made against Kings Lynn by the ref. BTW I am a neutral.

Nevermind you will get over it, eventually. Yeh, and jorgersen put both wheels over the white line, i suppose that was right as well ?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

First and foremost well done to Poole on their victory over 2 legs.

Tonight was the worse scoreline for me,i either wanted Lynn to get 54 points or just 46.But getting 51 i just keep thinking about the decision in ht 12 on Monday.

Anyway for Lynn it's been a very good season in my eyes,especially as they were tipped to do bugger all.To get to the play-offs was quite an achievement,but to manage to finish top of the regular league was an achievement that no Lynn fan could dream of i don't think.

Hopefully we can win the KO Cup next week,as i think this team that has done so well this year does deserve to get something out of the season that they have all had.

And also a well done to the promotion,i wasn't expecting to get there tonight and pay the normal price of a league match.I was expecting at least £20 so well done there.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Buster said in his program notes tonight that “the product is fine, yes we need to sort some issues out at the AGM but the product is fine”

:rofl:    :drink:   :party:    :rofl:    :lol:      :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

First pirates win by #gogglegate and now they win because of #morrisgate and maybe add #akroydgate   do they ever win fair and square 

:):):)

More sour grapes.

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

I think the first leg heat 12 decision was nullified by the second leg heat 3 where the KL rider decided to ride around on the infield... And of course the refereeing was first class tonight, if you were a KL supporter.

Of course it was, if it helps you to believe that!  :wink:

2 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Cheating Champions 2018

Where have we cheated ? You'l get over it, eventually.

So Poole are champions again, back in our rightful place. Well done boys matt and middlo.. Now, anybody seen Gavan ?  One more thing to say,  up yours all you poole haters and bashers. Terrible racing tonight track prepared that way, more like a scramble track.. Such a shame it didnt work eh..:rofl: Anyway, we done what we set out to do..

Edited by Starman2006

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So Poole are champions again, back in our rightful place. Well done boys matt and middlo.. Now, anybody seen Gavan ?  One more thing to say,  up yours all you poole haters and bashers. Terrible racing tonight track prepared that way, more like a scramble track.. Such a shame it didnt work eh..:rofl: Anyway, we done what we set out to do..

Still a marginally better meeting than Monday I would say. By the way five minus four is one if your selling programs again, at least 3 people I know has to ask you for change Monday 

2 hours ago, iwright71 said:

Well done to Poole Pirates on winning the weakest top division  title ever. The quality of the speedway in the Grand Final shows why British speedway is on its knees, the product is awful. Good luck to Matt Ford trying to sell Poole on the back of that, no wonder he can't wait to get out before his business is worth nothing.

nail on head.....awful league, but well done ford again (non poole fan), the likes of him and the legendary john berry, know how to win...and promote!

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

Still a marginally better meeting than Monday I would say. By the way five minus four is one if your selling programs again, at least 3 people I know has to ask you for change Monday 

Well when your swamped its not easy mate, thats why i asked if people could have the right money, far quicker for all concerned.

46 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Buster said in his program notes tonight that “the product is fine, yes we need to sort some issues out at the AGM but the product is fine”

Some issues, i would say many issues.

47 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Perhaps he should take up farming after the way that track was prepared tonight.

Been an complete neutral,I can't see how any Poole supporters can take any pleasure in winning the play off due to an horrific referee decision.

• Like 2