British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Perhaps he should take up farming after the way that track was prepared tonight.

not short of tractors in that neck of the woods!

1 minute ago, burton1 said:

Been an complete neutral,I can't see how any Poole supporters can take any pleasure in winning the play off due to an horrific referee decision.

Because they're glory hunting, happy clappers with no interest in the Sport. They simply believe the rest of the league teams are there to legitimize their clubs superiority. Sadly the BSPA feel likewise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So Poole are champions again, back in our rightful place. Well done boys matt and middlo.. Now, anybody seen Gavan ?  One more thing to say,  up yours all you poole haters and bashers. Terrible racing tonight track prepared that way, more like a scramble track.. Such a shame it didnt work eh..:rofl: Anyway, we done what we set out to do..

Take it you was there tonight ????

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Because they're glory hunting, happy clappers with no interest in the Sport. They simply believe the rest of the league teams are there to legitimize their clubs superiority. Sadly the BSPA feel likewise.

Ermolenko 93 world final, that was there for all to see, could name over 10 instantly, but decisions are made, and always will be made wrongly even with technology..thats sport! when you on the receiving end its not good, but Poole speedway are NOT to blame for that decision!

17 minutes ago, ColinMills said:

Ermolenko 93 world final, that was there for all to see, could name over 10 instantly, but decisions are made, and always will be made wrongly even with technology..thats sport! when you on the receiving end its not good, but Poole speedway are NOT to blame for that decision!

What? I didn't watch any of Monday's meeting. So I can't comment on the Danish collision.

Wimbourne Rd is not a track that produces entertaining speedway. My comment was about Poole fans. Summed up perfectly by this...

"So Poole are champions again, back in our rightful place."

Really? Most of my life they were a biggish fish in the smaller pond of league racing in tbe UK. Only the demise other tracks for whatever reason, has elevated their status.

Edited by Col

2 minutes ago, Col said:

What? I didn't watch any of Monday's meeting. Wimbourne Rd is not a track that produces entertaining speedway. My comment was about Poole fans. Summed up perfectly by this...

"So Poole are champions again, back in our rightful place."

no offence mate, but its been a while since I seen saddlebow road produce a great meeting...winning the league is more important than good racing IMO, of course it helps, but results in sport matter more. the lower standard of riders these days don't help the matter much

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, burton1 said:

Been an complete neutral,I can't see how any Poole supporters can take any pleasure in winning the play off due to an horrific referee decision.

Ummm there is 29 other heats, a final is not decided over one race!

Seems like Darcy has a message for most of you!!....

Darcy Ward # 4⃣ 3⃣‏Verified account @D_Dublu_racing 53m53 minutes ago

More

To all the poole haters and trolls. hope the MIGHTY PIRATES win is really hitting you hard and deep in your souls woooohhoooo

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Don't give a sod about all the haters on here.  

Commiserations to KL we know what its like to be TOP twice and lose the title too. 

This one makes up for the Swindon loss. 

Up the Pirates.

Up yours all you haters.

Now it bedtime after that long trip home. Ooooh what a lovely feeling. 

And try not to be whinging on about it all still next  March please!.

• Like 3

So the dream is over for us Stars fans. The injures to Iversen and Toft have cost us and dodgy reffeerieng decisions in the first leg have done us. Stars team gave there all but Ellis wasn't good enough Howarth tried hard but Toft would have scored more. Been a good season but speedway isn't what it was, only the importance of last nights meeting kept it interesting. Racing wise it wasn't anything special. 

Well firstly commiserations to Kings Lynn, with MPT & Iversen along with heat 12 at Poole the score would have swayed in their favour.  

A fantastic achievement by Matt & Middlo to win there 8 league title, and what a way for them to bow out. An interesting time ahead for Poole!

Poole Pirates 2018 Premiership League Champions. 

• Like 4

When it was pretty obvious his team was not up to snuff, Maud didn't sit on his hands but did something about it.

Did your promotion?

Edited by Wolfsbane

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ummm there is 29 other heats, a final is not decided over one race!

It did decide it due not only to the disgraceful decision but also to the fact that MPT missed as many as 9 races through the rest of the tie as a result

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It did decide it due not only to the disgraceful decision but also to the fact that MPT missed as many as 9 races through the rest of the tie as a result

Yes but they said the refereeing decision cost them, no it didn't. First 5 heats at Poole did. The injury is a different story.