Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's been a lot worse this season!

Firstly well done Poole, another notch on your cv, I am not getting into any baby arguments regarding the rights and wrongs of the final but Kings Lynn had the worst of it with injuries right at the wrong time to key riders. I am personally not impressed with run offs for the "title" the team that finishes top of the league after completing the listed fixtures are the champions, I appreciate the extra revenue is important, pity this years final could not have been held, best of 3 all held at the NSS, virtually a neutral track, always perfectly prepared and providing top class edge of the seat racing. Presented professionaly and televised, what an advert for British Speedway

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I seem to recall certain Poole fans saying Swindon’s 2017 tiltle victory was hollow due to the team change (2 team changes)......I wonder of those said people believe Poole’s is with their 6 changes? 

Only 2 unforced changes.

2 hours ago, semion said:

Well done to Poole.  Next week KO finishes the season then we can look forward to 2019 and it all starting again, in whatever form.

Good luck for the cup.

The loss of MPT at Lynn last night was a big loss and gave Poole the title With him we would have won before Ht 13 and with NKI at both meetings we would have   won by a big margin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

BTW, there are no haters on here at all, 

But Poole have won with an outrages decision in heat 12 of the first leg and then used an illegal rider (not pooles fault) but how the hell bspa let them all agree to it I don't know. Kings Lynn management are worse for accepting it. 

It's total nonsense that as tarred the final of any credibility. 

I expect next year (if there is one) most teams will be allowed to to abuse rules and do whatever they like. Agreed by the powers that be and other promoters. Very much doubt it. 

Again as I said earlier. Well done Poole. Enjoy it because in 2019 (again of there is one) you jsve telhe target on your back. Were coming for you

Kings Lynn didn't accept it the instigated it.

Heat 12 Monday was a bad decision whether it affected the outcome we will never know, what more than likely affected the outcome was injuries to Iversen and MPT.

I would have more respect for poole if the riders they picked at the start of the season had won the play off , promoters moan about riders not performing none ever put their hands up to say i picked some bummers up to start with i must be useless!

6 minutes ago, Old Ace said:

Firstly well done Poole, another notch on your cv, I am not getting into any baby arguments regarding the rights and wrongs of the final but Kings Lynn had the worst of it with injuries right at the wrong time to key riders. I am personally not impressed with run offs for the "title" the team that finishes top of the league after completing the listed fixtures are the champions, I appreciate the extra revenue is important, pity this years final could not have been held, best of 3 all held at the NSS, virtually a neutral track, always perfectly prepared and providing top class edge of the seat racing. Presented professionaly and televised, what an advert for British Speedway

I agree that the league should be decided after every team has met over the agreed number of times and the team at the top declared champions.
If it does go to a play-off then the idea of a final on a neutral track (and I even say at a lower division  if there is to be one next season) certainly would make it interesting.

Sadly injuries seem to be a major influence of the outcome of meeting at this time of the season (as we saw with Wolves too last season) and again I'll argue it's maybe down to fatigue of both men and machine with travel and doubling up etc being the cause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I would have more respect for poole if the riders they picked at the start of the season had won the play off , promoters moan about riders not performing none ever put their hands up to say i picked some bummers up to start with i must be useless!

With Holder in the team Poole finish top, then beat KL in the semi and beat Somerset in the final

sliding doors

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Only 2 unforced changes.

Leave it mate, its sour grapes of the highest order.

7 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I agree that the league should be decided after every team has met over the agreed number of times and the team at the top declared champions.
If it does go to a play-off then the idea of a final on a neutral track (and I even say at a lower division  if there is to be one next season) certainly would make it interesting.

Sadly injuries seem to be a major influence of the outcome of meeting at this time of the season (as we saw with Wolves too last season) and again I'll argue it's maybe down to fatigue of both men and machine with travel and doubling up etc being the cause.

Top one no quickest way to kill the sport today.
2nd 1, maybe. But clubs are in it to make money, again this is the fairest system imo.
3rd 1, true

Edited by Starman2006

No way you could scrap the playoffs. 

Clubs would lose so much money. 

For starters BT would say thanks but no thanks. No TV then sponsors aren’t going to pay as much. So worse product all around. Kings Lynn had one of the biggesr crowds they have had for at least 5 years I imagine. Yes, they lost but I bet they did very well out of last night. 

Edited by poolebolton

as a neutral a thought the meeting over two legs was good and kept me well entertained

shame that injuries etc had an influence on the outcome but that is how speedway is

Congrats to Poole and bad luck on the Stars

shame the thread is full of negativity  tho  --i thought it was good.....  and great to see such a Big crowd in at Lynn 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Leave it mate, its sour grapes of the highest order.

It's not sour grapes, Poole won the league, that can't be changed & well done for that. I'm just commenting on what was said last year when we won the league.

Well first of all, what a fabulous victory! Wooohooooo!

Arrived into the stadium early last night to watch Buster dump tons of shale on the track. He forgot the potatoes though! 

Very big crowd last night. But throughout the night the Pirates kept them relatively quiet. Most of the noise coming from the couple of hundred Poole fans who made the long trip up from Dorset.

Really though, Why didn’t the ref exclude Jorgensen in heat 3? Both wheels clearly over the white line. Then later he stuck Nicolai off 15 metres. Did he actually think Woryna laid it down on purpose to get a rerun? Ref failed Poole three times to give Kings Lynn advantage. Shocking. In heat 9 Jorgensen ploughs into Morris. Clearly an unsatisfactory start but the ref let it go. If those calls had been the other way around this forum would have gone into meltdown.

Middlo, who has clearly been the best manager in the league for a long, long time, again showed why with a cool head and motivating his team. Well done Niel.

Commiserations to Kings Lynn. We know what it’s like to finish top and lose out. But those first 5 heats at Wimborne Road sealed your fate. A team can’t turn up at their most important meeting of the season and not be prepared or in the correct mind frame. They were simply blown away, just like Belle Vue were when Poole went there in 2015. The final starts in heat one first leg. 

As I predicted before the meeting started the track was set up grippy meaning very little in the way of passing. Not a meeting for the neutral or Poole hater to enjoy. Winning the playoff final  is far more important than the racing spectacle. There’s just too much at stake.

Edited by Steve Shovlar