British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

1 hour ago, paulboy said:

I wasn't at the stadium so might well be missing something but the numerous TV replays last night seemed pretty inconclusive. One angle looked like both wheels might have gone over the line but not certain. Maybe it was much clearer if you were there.

I have to say I think people are massively overstating the role of team manager in the current speedway world, nothing much more than a glorified programme filler in as they are so hamstrung by the rule book, although Dale Allitt might make a half decent bouncer :-)

Very conclusive, both wheels were over the white line, shown from at least 2 angles. Chalk dust flew up. As for Allitt being a bouncer, yup that might be right up his street.

Edited by Starman2006

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Chalk dust flew up.

For chalk to fly up the wheels must have been on the line......just saying:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It’s hard to take but I’ll just walk it off or I might go for a run. Lol. 

Neverming eh, you will get over it by march.. Keep waking..:party:

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Both over as he went across and came back, watch the replays from all angles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrMungo said:

Congrats to Poole - one hell of a comeback from 3 or 4 months ago. Very impressive how they clawed themselves back into contention, and honestly have looked the best side (narrowly) in the second half of the season.

King's Lynn obviously were unfortunate to lose Palm Toft at Poole, but some of their own failures are of their own doing. Why, oh why, would you replace your best reserve (who admittedly was not at his best) when you needed 2 5-1s to take it to golden heats? (where you'd be big favourites!) Howarth off gate 1 had a more than fair chance of getting the 5-1 with TJ, but Dale Allitt decided to bring in Lambert who had done very little over the 2 legs apart from a shock paid win when he looked to have jumped the gate (Proctor certainly did, anyway). Certainly if the roles had been reversed, and Middlo had made that blunder, it would have its own thread on here by now!

There's an unreal of Poole hatred which I guess makes it all the sweeter for the Poole contigent. And honestly, so it should given some of the unfair comments they have to endure. 

Lots of talk about heat 12 at Poole, and whilst it was a dubious decision, heat 3 last night was just as bad. Jørgensen should have been out 100%, and whilst you can't predict what would have happened, that 6 point (approx) swing evened out Palm Toft's unfortunate hand injury at Poole. 

Imagine we will see some big changes next year. A better standard of tracks (Belle Vue excluded) would be a good start along with eliminating averages, but a better standard of Speedway supporters would be just as good if the childish bickering on the Play-Off Final threads is anything to go by!

Great post, and thank you for your inpartial input :t:

17 minutes ago, ouch said:

Knee jerk reaction probably. :)

FFS, two of the worst posts I have ever read. Ward is an immature idiot but you are one sick MF and should be banned from this forum completely. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, marko said:

Also, I recall saying many years ago, that there is nothing to stop a group of fans clubbing together and buying their team an unofficial trophy which could be presented to them as a form of acknowledging the hard work they put in for finishing top of the table, its no different to a individual or group sponsoring an individual meeting and awarding trophies to the top three riders.

Thus far to my knowledge, not one set of fans from any club has actually done this when they have had a team finish top but not be champions, maybe Kings Lynn would like to be the first?

Kings Lynn supporters bought medals for the riders when they won the old PL i think 2009 when they found out the riders would get nothing individually from the BSPA or whatever.

Trees will be able to confirm

Anybody seen Gavan of late...? :rofl:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hodgy said:

FFS, two of the worst posts I have ever read. Ward is an immature idiot but you are one sick MF and should be banned from this forum completely. 

Darcy was a young lad mate, and he was starting to mature when he had that awful accident, he with luck in running would have been multiple World champ.

Edited by Starman2006

2 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Kings Lynn supporters bought medals for the riders when they won the old PL i think 2009 when they found out the riders would get nothing individually from the BSPA or whatever.

Trees will be able to confirm

Thats really sad to hear.

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Very conclusive, both wheels were over the white line, shown from at least 2 angles. Chalk dust flew up. As for Allitt being a bouncer, yup that might be right up his street.

Oh you're saying the TV pics were conclusive? I didn't see that, even the muppet commentating seemed to backtrack a bit!

• Like 1

I couldn't see  the tyre for chalk dust, on the TV. I couldn't say if the tyre was on, which is legal or over the line tbh, and it's not because it was a Lynn rider.

35 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Or over it!!