British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I couldn't see  the tyre for chalk dust, on the TV. I couldn't say if the tyre was on, which is legal or over the line tbh, and it's not because it was a Lynn rider.

You can just see Starman in his John McEnroe stance shouting "chalk dust , you didnt see the chalk dust? You cannot be serious" :lol:

• Haha 3

Matt and Middlo on bbc South Today this evening.

• Like 2

...and just to emphasise, the club will not be closing!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You have said in the past you don't like Poole because of Steve, so you are definitely not neutral!

Well I don't remember saying that -- I think your immaturity is  showing.  Instead of having a dig at me  why not just enjoy Poole's achievement (whatever the circumstances are) ? You never know what may be round the corner and I can assure you if you are a true speedway supporter you will be heartbroken if your track closes. ''Top league'' British speedway is on a downward spiral and your club needs other clubs to race against. Enjoy it while you can and remain dignified.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

Well I don't remember saying that -- I think your immaturity is  showing.  Instead of having a dig at me  why not just enjoy Poole's achievement (whatever the circumstances are) ? You never know what may be round the corner and I can assure you if you are a true speedway supporter you will be heartbroken if your track closes. ''Top league'' British speedway is on a downward spiral and your club needs other clubs to race against. Enjoy it while you can and remain dignified.

Oh I am enjoying it! :D Definitely wasn't a dig, I was surprised you described yourself as neutral when previous Facebook convo's have said different. Unless you have changed your mind now? Anyway I am not bothered enough to have a massive debate about it! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh I am enjoying it! :D Definitely wasn't a dig, I was surprised you described yourself as neutral when previous Facebook convo's have said different. Unless you have changed your mind now? Anyway I am not bothered enough to have a massive debate about it! :)

Glad you're happy. I rarely use Facebook now but do remember a certain conversation with you when you  were friendly and thanked me for some good advice. Continue to enjoy your speedway.

Think the difference in ability of the riders is one reason the the racing has deteriorated.Lambert and Harris proved that last night.The Premiership is at its lowest standard.Surely can't survive much longer.Either 1 league or Squad  System for Premiership is the way to go,this guesting lark is making a mockery of an already Mickey Mouse sport.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

On a bit of a holiday I heard!

Oh right, Carribean or maybe costa Cavey Island..:rofl:

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Anybody seen Gavan of late...? :rofl:

He's gone back in his hole for the winter 

Being as Darcy loves  Poole, and Holders house is up for £1.3m, could we see the return of the turbo twins running the club.

22 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Being as Darcy loves  Poole, and Holders house is up for £1.3m, could we see the return of the turbo twins running the club.

Hope not :cheers:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That would be an unmitigated disaster.

• Thanks 1

15.8.1 If the Referee stops a heat, following an incident or accident, where the rider causing the stoppage and his team partner were in third and fourth place and a re-run is called with one of those riders excluded, the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap in gate position c or d (the opposing team does not change positions).

The rule says nothing about 'staying down' or intent.

In my view it's all about preventing the classic scenario of a re-run resulting in a total different result from that which was almost assured before the stoppage.

In last nights case the ref did the right thing, it was highly unlikely that Klindt was going to pass the two Lynn riders. Had he been right behind them, and with a fair chance of passing at least one of them, then I'm sure the ref would have had all 3 riders restart from their original gate positions.

I think it's a fair rule.

Edited by woofers
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Could also be that Holder is moving out of the area.