British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

Well it was one of the closest playoffs in terms of teams strengths and any injury or ref decision could have quite an impact on the result. 

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Everyone knows we were fortunate, if thats the right way to put it,' with the injuries to the other teams riders at critical times. 

All credit must go to both Somerset and KIngs Lynn for taking the semi and Final to the last races. 

I am in no doubt we almost quite literally rode our luck. 

I agree fully with you Bob.

Poole won the Championship for 2018.

Poole came 3rd in the full league program.

Kings Lynn finished top of the league by quite some way.

Kings Lynn were very unlucky with injuries.

This kind of results and injuries have happened other years as well.

No more can really be said about the 2018 season.

The KO cup is now coming and best of luck to both Kings Lynn (1 injury) and Somerset (3 injuries)

Hope to be at Oaktree tomorrow.

41 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

I agree fully with you Bob.

Poole won the Championship for 2018.

Poole came 3rd in the full league program.

Kings Lynn finished top of the league by quite some way.

Kings Lynn were very unlucky with injuries.

This kind of results and injuries have happened other years as well.

No more can really be said about the 2018 season.

The KO cup is now coming and best of luck to both Kings Lynn (1 injury) and Somerset (3 injuries)

Hope to be at Oaktree tomorrow.

I think both teams have good guests so should be a good meeting 

Edited by foreverblue

4 hours ago, johnno4 said:

Perhaps Gavan feels you were gifted it with no Holder and NKI ?

You could be right, Poole had no Holder all season!!....:lol:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Are we gonna have to put up with this carp until next March!

and they wonder why people get sick of (some) Poole fans.

The blokes not on this planet every Speedway fan knows Poole got lucky that s why I don't like the play off s deciding who becomes champions???  The team that finishes top  are the champions           The winner s of the play off are play off champions  and before the Poole supporters start  that should have applied to the year Poole lost to Coventry  Poole over the season were the best side that year 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobC said:

Everyone knows we were fortunate, if thats the right way to put it,' with the injuries to the other teams riders at critical times. 

All credit must go to both Somerset and KIngs Lynn for taking the semi and Final to the last races. 

I am in no doubt we almost quite literally rode our luck. 

Maybe mate, but some on here just couldnt think  or stand the thought of us winning the league, so they now get what they sow.

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Are we gonna have to put up with this carp until next March!

and they wonder why people get sick of (some) Poole fans.

Never know, i might give it a break at Christmas. Just for a week mind..;)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

The blokes not on this planet every Speedway fan knows Poole got lucky that s why I don't like the play off s deciding who becomes champions???  The team that finishes top  are the champions           The winner s of the play off are play off champions  and before the Poole supporters start  that should have applied to the year Poole lost to Coventry  Poole over the season were the best side that year 

Yeah and we didn't win the league! Plus we were 20 points ahead in the table, more than double what KL were over us! So if I can take that, surely you lot can handle this. Or maybe not..

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah and we didn't win the league! Plus we were 20 points ahead in the table, more than double what KL were over us! So if I can take that, surely you lot can handle this. Or maybe not..

Don t want to fall out over this  but the play offs are not for me   I live in Sheffield so last year watched us top the league and for me that was us the champions.  The play offs I could nt get into  sorry  I would like to see the team that finishes top crowned the champions and maybe the top  4  contest the knockout cup 

11 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Don t want to fall out over this  but the play offs are not for me   I live in Sheffield so last year watched us top the league and for me that was us the champions.  The play offs I could nt get into  sorry  I would like to see the team that finishes top crowned the champions and maybe the top  4  contest the knockout cup 

No falling out needed! I like the playoffs even when Poole don't win them. It's an exciting end to the season!

And I was completely gutted when Poole lost in 2010 to Coventry but you know what I posted 'well done Coventry' on the same night, shame some KL fans couldn't do the same. But if they want to hold on to their bitterness than that's up to them!

Considering everything comes down to the final four meetings of the season its no wonder the regular season matches are so poorly attended, they are just seen as qualifying matches and as we see every season the crowds only turn up for the finale where something is actually at stake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Considering everything comes down to the final four meetings of the season its no wonder the regular season matches are so poorly attended, they are just seen as qualifying matches and as we see every season the crowds only turn up for the finale where something is actually at stake.

Even then, I couldn't be bothered with the Play-Offs as they were live on TV.

At £20+, I feel justified as each meeting proved not to be value for money racing wise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Even then, I couldn't be bothered with the Play-Offs as they were live on TV.

At £20+, I feel justified as each meeting proved not to be value for money racing wise.

Kings Lynn was £18 for the final 

47 minutes ago, therefused said:

Kings Lynn was £18 for the final 

True and very good value in my opinion although had we lost I may have a different opinion!