British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The rolling averages would have been used (Morris 6.74) for October 8th/10th fixtures as there were no fixtures from November!

Ermm… Morris 6.91 was effective from 1st Oct until the end of the season I thought.. No meetings in Nov, but there was still meetings to be run in Oct ;) 

Anyway it's done now.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Gavan said:

There really isnt anything to say about the debacle of the end of the season.

Poole can only beat whats in front of them but have to be considered the most fortunate league winners of all time.

To end up with only 3 of your original seven riders shows how farcical the sport has become.

Credit to Matt Ford for making the changes but just shows those with the deepest pockets will always win.

Firstly Poole had a massive benefit from the out of control Kurtz wrecking any chance Somerset had in the semi final. Somerset already down to 6 riders were now down to 5 and had to go with 3 riders in one race, yet it still took one amazing Chris Harris ride to scrape into the final.

Then we see Kings Lynn 8 points down going into heat 12. Now its obvious that Jacobsen didnt deliberatly knock Palm Toft off. The fact remains that the wrong decision was made, everyone knows that..............oh hang on sorry Shovlar, Lisa and Starman dont...................and thats clearly what is wrong with Poole fans on here, unfortunately you have certain Poole fans that make your club hated.

If the correct decision had of been made then yes Palm Toft would still have been injured but it was a momentum changer.

Now the second leg.....................Poole now up against a side that had to replace its number two heat leader with another teams second string and also replace its free scoring reserve with someone not as good.............huge advantage to Poole and they scraped home again.....the luckiest winners in league history......................riding against 2 teams decimated by injuries and in 2 case in Holder and Palm Toft, caused by reckless Poole riders putting them out of the meetings.

Now the Ellis/Morris situation

Kings Lynn are quite within their rights to book the BEST guest available to them to ride at Poole. 

Now i agree it does make the sport look a bit silly that the same guest can ride for 2 different teams...............but its in the rules Kings Lynn done nothing wrong.

Kings Lynn then stupidly allow Poole to break a rule and have a rider with to higher average to ride in the second leg. Why did Kings Lynn agree to this? No way should Nick Morris have ridden, the sport is on its knees and then the ruling body amend a rule to favour one side hugely!! What a farce that made the final.

Imagine a newcomer to the sport......................both teams have riders missing so firstly the same rider was going to ride for one side in the first match and then the other side in the other match.......................that made the sport look a bit silly..................so instead in the second match one team is using an illegal rider.....but its ok because the people running the sport allow rules to be changed just for one match....oh and the team that used the illegal rider actually won the match.

Our sport is on its knees and this play off fiasco has topped it all off for me.

Poole did make the changes and did well to get third in the league but they only won the play offs because of other factors not because they were the best team

Somerset having only 5 fit riders and having 3 riders in one race

Kings Lynn replacing their number 2 with a second string

Kings Lynn losing their potent reserve

The sports governing body being so weak to allow Poole to field a rider they shouldnt have.

The only reason there is pages and pages is because of the usual Poole trio going on and on saying its sour grapes and trying to shut everybody up all the time

The real Poole fans on here although rightly enjoying being champions , know they were very very fortunate, rather than listening to someone like Shovlar actually saying he believed Palm Tofts exclusion was correct, the man is utterly clueless.

Even in the championship the season is dragging on and on , less fixtures, a glorious summer and still we cant get the season done.

2018........the season that speedway league racing died in the UK

That just about sums this sport up in one post.      Any belief I may have had accumulated in the 54 years of following the Stars,    dispersed over them 2 legs.     Everybody has their own agenda making the sport, laughing stock.   Never have I witness such ridiculous decisions, shambolic organisation  and  abusing of the rules, all  to suit one's own case.   This is not a specific dig at Poole, no more than it is at Lynn,  or the BSPA and the Referees.  they are all as bad as each other,   degrading , what was once a  brilliant sporting pastime...        The only people of the sport  I still have respect for is the fans.  They are the one group that have remained faithful and true throughout.    What a pity they are the last people to be considered and the first to be treated with contempt .     

Like I say when you don't believe in it ,     There's no point in going anymore..... 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The rolling averages would have been used (Morris 6.74) for October 8th/10th fixtures as there were no fixtures from November!

The averages are clearly shown on the BSPA website.  No matter how you choose to wrap it up - Morris was an ineligible guest at KL.  It doesn’t matter who agreed to what - it wasn’t allowed according to the rules.  The same way that Somerset couldn’t sign Harris because his average was 0.01 over - the rules don’t allow it!

• Like 4

On 10/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, Gavan said:

Poole can only beat whats in front of them but have to be considered the most fortunate league winners of all time.

To end up with only 3 of your original seven riders shows how farcical the sport has become.

Credit to Matt Ford for making the changes but just shows those with the deepest pockets will always win.

Firstly Poole had a massive benefit from the out of control Kurtz wrecking any chance Somerset had in the semi final. Somerset already down to 6 riders were now down to 5 and had to go with 3 riders in one race, yet it still took one amazing Chris Harris ride to scrape into the final.

Then we see Kings Lynn 8 points down going into heat 12. Now its obvious that Jacobsen didnt deliberatly knock Palm Toft off. The fact remains that the wrong decision was made, everyone knows that..............oh hang on sorry Shovlar, Lisa and Starman dont...................and thats clearly what is wrong with Poole fans on here, unfortunately you have certain Poole fans that make your club hated.

If the correct decision had of been made then yes Palm Toft would still have been injured but it was a momentum changer.

Now the second leg.....................Poole now up against a side that had to replace its number two heat leader with another teams second string and also replace its free scoring reserve with someone not as good.............huge advantage to Poole and they scraped home again.....the luckiest winners in league history......................riding against 2 teams decimated by injuries and in 2 case in Holder and Palm Toft, caused by reckless Poole riders putting them out of the meetings.

Kings Lynn are quite within their rights to book the BEST guest available to them to ride at Poole. 

Now i agree it does make the sport look a bit silly that the same guest can ride for 2 different teams...............but its in the rules Kings Lynn done nothing wrong.

Kings Lynn then stupidly allow Poole to break a rule and have a rider with to higher average to ride in the second leg. Why did Kings Lynn agree to this? No way should Nick Morris have ridden, the sport is on its knees and then the ruling body amend a rule to favour one side hugely!! What a farce that made the final.

Imagine a newcomer to the sport......................both teams have riders missing so firstly the same rider was going to ride for one side in the first match and then the other side in the other match.......................that made the sport look a bit silly..................so instead in the second match one team is using an illegal rider.....but its ok because the people running the sport allow rules to be changed just for one match....oh and the team that used the illegal rider actually won the match.

Our sport is on its knees and this play off fiasco has topped it all off for me.

Poole did make the changes and did well to get third in the league but they only won the play offs because of other factors not because they were the best team

The sports governing body being so weak to allow Poole to field a rider they shouldnt have.

The only reason there is pages and pages is because of the usual Poole trio going on and on saying its sour grapes and trying to shut everybody up all the time

The real Poole fans on here although rightly enjoying being champions , know they were very very fortunate, rather than listening to someone like Shovlar actually saying he believed Palm Tofts exclusion was correct, the man is utterly clueless.

Even in the championship the season is dragging on and on , less fixtures, a glorious summer and still we cant get the season done.

You ccould have been just a little more graceful and say well done Poole, from being bottom in July and winning the league, but i did think it was a little to much to ask i suppose. Bleedin good job we didnt lose i say.. We would never had heard the last of you.. Chomp chomp chomp.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, Gavan said:

Then if there's nothing to say why write a book with a black cloud hanging over the top..:rofl:

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Gavan, now you are back from another deserved ban, are you going to congratulate Poole for another backs to the wall remarkable championship? 8 in 16 years. How good is that? 

Await you sending your congratulations.:cheers:

Eh, no.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, lisa-colette said:

Unbelievable! You want someone banned for an accident, not like he just completely rode into him. From the side and back angle it looks 50/50. What if MPT didn't get injured? Would you still want Jakobsen banned? Or is it purely based on if someone picks up an injury, not actually the incident?

On 10/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, lisa-colette said:

Unbelievable! You want someone banned for an accident, not like he just completely rode into him. From the side and back angle it looks 50/50. What if MPT didn't get injured? Would you still want Jakobsen banned? Or is it purely based on if someone picks up an injury, not actually the incident?

It looks 50/50 !!  when he took his leg from under him

Thought the ref got it spot on to be honest.

06EAEE50-1478-47A6-B707-D77434E3DD90.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought the ref got it spot on to be honest.

06EAEE50-1478-47A6-B707-D77434E3DD90.jpeg

I eventually managed to get a pair of those special glasses, the ones with the tinted lenses, found them on line from an opticians in Dorset. Suit me a treat, looked at the incident again and you know what, you're right. :D

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You ccould have been just a little more graceful and say well done Poole, from being bottom in July and winning the league, but i did think it was a little to much to ask i suppose. Bleedin good job we didnt lose i say.. We would never had heard the last of you.. Chomp chomp chomp.

Is that your new word for the week chomp chomp chomp I like it :t:

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I eventually managed to get a pair of those special glasses, the ones with the tinted lenses, found them on line from an opticians in Dorset. Suit me a treat, looked at the incident again and you know what, you're right. :D

NEW FOR 2019 !!!!

Will be available at the Poole track shop for  £1.99, or free pair with every season ticket.

Image result for blue tinted glasses

• Haha 1

BT have just released a photo of the ref speaking to Dale Allitt at the time.

”No, no, I saw it clearly Allitt, Jakobsen never touched him”.

mr-magoo-photos.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Where have you been for the last week, clearly not reading my posts.;)

Edited by Starman2006

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

image.png.e37af88781d08303852473db7c2f108a.png

You know who this charactor is, don’t you?