British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

I seem to recall certain Poole fans saying Swindon’s 2017 tiltle victory was hollow due to the team change (2 team changes)......I wonder of those said people believe Poole’s is with their 6 changes? 

Edited by hyabb17

7 hours ago, burton1 said:

Been an complete neutral,I can't see how any Poole supporters can take any pleasure in winning the play off due to an horrific referee decision.

The decision in question would only have altered the outcome by 3 points, i.e a 3-2 as opposed to a 5-1 (as MPT couldn't take his place in the re-run?) assuming that you're referring to the first leg incident?

I agree totally, that the ref was shocking .... 

• Like 1

Well done to Poole.  Next week KO finishes the season then we can look forward to 2019 and it all starting again, in whatever form.

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

First pirates win by #gogglegate and now they win because of #morrisgate and maybe add #akroydgate   do they ever win fair and square 

:):):)

We've also had #fireworksgate wasn't there a #showersgate not forgetting like belle vue #holegate you dug a hole to get s meeting off. 

Did a better job than us though. We got done. You diddnt

BTW, there are no haters on here at all, 

But Poole have won with an outrages decision in heat 12 of the first leg and then used an illegal rider (not pooles fault) but how the hell bspa let them all agree to it I don't know. Kings Lynn management are worse for accepting it. 

It's total nonsense that as tarred the final of any credibility. 

I expect next year (if there is one) most teams will be allowed to to abuse rules and do whatever they like. Agreed by the powers that be and other promoters. Very much doubt it. 

Again as I said earlier. Well done Poole. Enjoy it because in 2019 (again of there is one) you jsve telhe target on your back. Were coming for you

Gutted.

I don't mind losing, but losing like that, well it's hard to take.

Everything went against us, from injuries to key riders, to corrupt officiating, to illegal guests, it just wasn't meant to be.

Such a shame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColinMills said:

no offence mate, but its been a while since I seen saddlebow road produce a great meeting...winning the league is more important than good racing IMO, of course it helps, but results in sport matter more. the lower standard of riders these days don't help the matter much

I never mentioned the entertainment value of a visit to Saddlebow Rd, I've never been.  I watched the first 4 heats of Wednesdays meeting and then gave up.

52 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I seem to recall certain Poole fans saying Swindon’s 2017 tiltle victory was hollow due to the team change (2 team changes)......I wonder of those said people believe Poole’s is with their 6 changes? 

The Chris Holder debacle meant the GP rider due to lead the team was not available when the whole team (in respect of averages) was built around him. Hats off to Poole for recovering from this situation and eventually getting a balanced side

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Seems like Darcy has a message for most of you!!....

Darcy Ward # 4⃣ 3⃣‏Verified account @D_Dublu_racing 53m53 minutes ago

More

To all the poole haters and trolls. hope the MIGHTY PIRATES win is really hitting you hard and deep in your souls woooohhoooo

That just illustrates what a kn*b DW is...

However congratulations to the Pirates on their win, sadly these days it's akin to winning a prize at the fairground..

• Like 3

Poole, a speedway team floundering at the foot of the league table with fans becoming disheartened and staying away, not being used to failure and at the same time calling for the head of a promoter who had brought them a string of successes for years, finds an ideal time to make switches mid-summer and then prove to be the best team purely for the latter part of the season, to beat the best side all year.

Just seems sort of unfair, a system set up so fans of other clubs cling to success until the leaves begin to fall from the trees and, as Poole fans were doing, don't become disillusioned and start to drift away mid-term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

BTW, there are no haters on here at all, 

But Poole have won with an outrages decision in heat 12 of the first leg and then used an illegal rider (not pooles fault) but how the hell bspa let them all agree to it I don't know. Kings Lynn management are worse for accepting it. 

It's total nonsense that as tarred the final of any credibility. 

I expect next year (if there is one) most teams will be allowed to to abuse rules and do whatever they like. Agreed by the powers that be and other promoters. Very much doubt it. 

Again as I said earlier. Well done Poole. Enjoy it because in 2019 (again of there is one) you jsve telhe target on your back. Were coming for you

It’s great to win but IMO this doesn’t match any of the 2013-14-15. Ref was poor and just puts a sour taste of the victory. 

Injuries can’t really be a thing. Poole won 2014 without Ward in the final. Just have to roll with the punches. 

I don’t get Lynn. It was buster or someone in KL saying let’s stick with Morris and Ellis.

At the end of the day they need to sort these rules out so random joe who flicks on to BT sport. Has a idea what is going on. If your first time watching you don’t know who Morris and Ellis are and what averages have to do with it. Sort that out at AGM. 

• Like 1

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the STARS  riders for a sterling effort this year, you done us proud.    You did all that was possible, to achieve a lifetime dream, but unfortunately the sport let you down.    Our fate was sealed the moment that Ackroyd became Father Christmas. Nobody dishes out those kind of presents unless it was pre-calculated.    Also, I feel, the team had been let down by NKI  at a time when we didn't him most.  and  I will never understand why we opted used guests in preference of R/R. Guests are always a gamble, and can be  subject to conspiracy, Adam Ellis certainly fall into that category. 

Having waited a lifetime for the opportunity,  the task then became impossible when we were forced to compete with only half a Team.    Never giving up,  the team battled to the end but eventually losing out  by those points dished out  by Father Christmas.    

I cant bring myself to congratulate to the Poole Pirates,   they represent everything that I dislike about the sport.    The fact they picked up the trophy last night merely illustrates everything that is wrong in this sport.  

I sat in the stands last night, watching people  instead of the lost cause.    It was warming to see fans of all ages getting excited and shouting their support as they faced the impossible task.  Unlike me they thought we stood a chance.    With a full team we undoubted would have won this final,  so it was heart wrenching seeing their disappointment when again our so called  guests  let us down.

I left before the end,   I had seen enough to destroy any love I may have had left...

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the STARS  riders for a sterling effort this year, you done us proud.    You did all that was possible, to achieve a lifetime dream, but unfortunately the sport let you down.    Our fate was sealed the moment that Ackroyd became Father Christmas. Nobody dishes out those kind of presents unless it was pre-calculated.    Also, I feel, the team had been let down by NKI  at a time when we didn't him most.  and  I will never understand why we opted used guests in preference of R/R. Guests are always a gamble, and can be  subject to conspiracy, Adam Ellis certainly fall into that category. 

Having waited a lifetime for the opportunity,  the task then became impossible when we were forced to compete with only half a Team.    Never giving up,  the team battled to the end but eventually losing out  by those points dished out  by Father Christmas.    

I cant bring myself to congratulate to the Poole Pirates,   they represent everything that I dislike about the sport.    The fact they picked up the trophy last night merely illustrates everything that is wrong in this sport.  

I sat in the stands last night, watching people  instead of the lost cause.    It was warming to see fans of all ages getting excited and shouting their support as they faced the impossible task.  Unlike me they thought we stood a chance.    With a full team we undoubted would have won this final,  so it was heart wrenching seeing their disappointment when again our so called  guests  let us down.

I left before the end,   I had seen enough to destroy any love I may have had left...

Management to blame to guest selection ???