British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

18 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Don t want to fall out over this  but the play offs are not for me   I live in Sheffield so last year watched us top the league and for me that was us the champions. 

Were you happy in the knowledge that teams probably turned up at Owlerton thinking we don't really have to try against this lot as we'll probably make the top 4 by winning all our home matches, scrape through to the play offs and win the title that way?

18 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Considering everything comes down to the final four meetings of the season its no wonder the regular season matches are so poorly attended, they are just seen as qualifying matches and as we see every season the crowds only turn up for the finale where something is actually at stake.

Mate the same applies over the Jumps [ horse racing ] Everything is centred round Cheltenham in March, thats pretty much when the big money is at stake, Ok you have the Hennessy Gold Cup King George etc, but thats the same as the play off's. In the meantime you still have to pay the bills and you still have to get there. I could go on and on but i wont.

Edited by Starman2006

35 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I could go on and on but i wont.

Thank the lord for that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Difference between Poole's and King's Lynn's SGB Premiership medals.

Poole 

Related image

King's Lynn

Image result for participation medal

"Yeah, but but but, WEEEEEE finished top, so we're the reeeeeeal champions :P So ner nerna ner ner." :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

"Yeah, but but but, WEEEEEE finished top, so we're the reeeeeeal champions :P So ner nerna ner ner." :rolleyes::lol:

Ah, but where is the championship trophy?? On the south coast I believe where it has spent most of its life..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aviator said:

Ah, but where is the championship trophy?? On the south coast I believe where it has spent most of its life..

It should be in Sheffield they won it last year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colin wood said:

1 hour ago, colin wood said:

There’s a vast difference between “should” and “is”!!!! Oh, I forgot is Sheffield in the premier league???

Anyway, don’t worry about it, Poole is top of the UK Speedway pile....

Edited by Aviator
Clarification

On 16 October 2018 at 9:49 PM, lisa-colette said:

No falling out needed! I like the playoffs even when Poole don't win them. It's an exciting end to the season!

And I was completely gutted when Poole lost in 2010 to Coventry but you know what I posted 'well done Coventry' on the same night, shame some KL fans couldn't do the same. But if they want to hold on to their bitterness than that's up to them!

Anyone else and in any other circumstances we would accept the defeat gracefully I’m sure.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:49 PM, lisa-colette said:

And I was completely gutted when Poole lost in 2010 to Coventry but you know what I posted 'well done Coventry' on the same night, 

Shame your promoter couldn't have either...............

54 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Shame your promoter couldn't have either...............

I'm talking about fans though ;)

Not many. Even Steve Shovlar couldn't bring himself to do the usual match report and disappeared. 

Well they're a bunch of happy clappers who seem to think that League Speedway in the UK (and all other clubs) is only here so they can win the league every year, by any means neccessary. Sadly the BSPA agree.

7 hours ago, Col said:

Well they're a bunch of happy clappers who seem to think that League Speedway in the UK (and all other clubs) is only here so they can win the league every year, by any means neccessary. Sadly the BSPA agree.

Most of us Poole supporters are a decent lot don't tar us all with the same brush :nono:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Col said:

If you want a team to win the league by any means possible, in 2018 King's Lynn take that honour. Poole kept their noses pretty clean in 2018 and I think that's why Middleditch put this down to one of his greatest league title wins. There's nothing that can be pointed at them. King's Lynn can be thanked for instigating the use of Morris in the 2nd leg over the points limit.

Poole won the title in 2018 fair and square, they should be congratulated. King's Lynn proved in the KO Cup just how weak they are in the middle order and reserve. Injuries were not an excuse for Poole winning, again proven by their KO Cup final performances.

If a reserve is used as an excuse it just proves how poor the team is as a whole. MPT being missing isn't the reason King's Lynn ended up without a trophy. Middle order to weak, 2nd reserve to weak, and the management clueless. 

• Like 3