British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Here we go again 

Normally we do but I'm not sure how many lives we've got left. This was the sustainable level that was allegedly, for many, our saviour but we are indeed here again after 2 shocking crowds for important meetings. I'm sure that the story will grow though.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Yes, here we go again. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Rathbone move into Redcar. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Normally we do but I'm not sure how many lives we've got left. This was the sustainable level that was allegedly, for many, our saviour but we are indeed here again after 2 shocking crowds for important meetings. I'm sure that the story will grow though.

To be fair watching Lakeside for the 134th time this year with understrength teams which barely resembled Panthers was hardly going to pull in the masses. And where was the promotion, the big build ups? Barely anything in social media.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Yes, here we go again. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Rathbone move into Redcar. 

Of course that's going to happen. Ulrich & Lambert the first two names on the Redcar team sheet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

Of course that's going to happen. Ulrich & Lambert the first two names on the Redcar team sheet.

Can't blame him to be honest. The commuting from up north to Peterborough every week must take its toll, plus affecting his time working and with family.

Seems like Ged is a good guy, with his heart and head in the right place.. Just hope someone can come forward to take Peterborough on as it seems a great club, and deserves some stability off track.

British speedway needs good tracks like the showground too.

• Like 7

Will end up at Redcar I'm sure and Panthers will be in the gutters as per norm it seems.

Just now, Bostonian said:

Can't blame him to be honest. The commuting from up north to Peterborough every week must take its toll, plus affecting his time working and with family.

Seems like Ged is a good guy, with his heart and head in the right place.. Just hope someone can come forward to take Peterborough on as it seems a great club, and deserves some stability off track.

British speedway needs good tracks like the showground too.

So why all the guff on the radio the other day? Said him & Carl were planning for next year already.

Hopefully someone will step up

Losing speedway at the showground would be awful

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noodles said:

worrying times for redcar then . but if it goes ahead, redcar saved at the expence of peterborough . its a sad time everywhere for U.K. speedway . we need all the tracks we can poss get .

the one thing i can see stopping the sale of peterborough is the availability of the showground. its been made out to be a tough place to get dates and stuff due to the groung not always being available for speedway .

wish them well tho .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Ged and the directors at Redcar certainly never used to get on, he has tried in the past to invest and been rebuffed. Things do change though I guess. 

Or glass half full, someone comes in and takes Panthers back in to the top division. 

Wouldn’t rule anything in or out at this stage. 

Certainly some interesting comments in the statement. With Rathbone have so much capital tied up in Peterborough would his hand not be forced to continue if no buyer came in? If and its a horrible if, the club folded would selling off the assets get anywhere near the money he has invested? and would anyone even buy them?