British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

Actually think JCF has a valid point,  if the Holder money was taken and used to keep the club going another season then its clear why it was considered,maybe without it the club would of been gone already, 

The sponsors will be pleased didnt they put money in for equipment and the asset purchases, also Scott Nicholls legal team will be wanting the money from the second year of the so called two year contract he signed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So am I correct in assuming that the "taking a year out facility" by effectively putting the clubs "licence on ice" for a year which is open to clubs is definitely not an option for the Panthers

Regards
THJ

I think you have already have the answer to that before you asked the question.

Just now, New era Panthers said:

I think you have already have the answer to that before you asked the question.

What a shame as it just cuts out another option making things ever more difficult

Regards
THJ

For Speedway to continue at the Peterborough the Showground management need to find a solution where  Speedway can have more dates as there will be an enlarged Championship maybe even 18-19 clubs plus Cup meetings.

I really do hope that someone does come forward and is quite positive that Ged may be interested in leasing the club to new owners if they have not got the capacity to buy it at first 

Losing Peterborough would be devastating... such a good track...

Hope someone comes in

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, flagrag said:

For Speedway to continue at the Peterborough the Showground management need to find a solution where  Speedway can have more dates as there will be an enlarged Championship maybe even 18-19 clubs plus Cup meetings.

I really do hope that someone does come forward and is quite positive that Ged may be interested in leasing the club to new owners if they have not got the capacity to buy it at first 

Leasing from the current owners? Need more showground dates?

This has got Mick Horton & his Tuesday nights written all over it.

• Like 2

Hopefully a solution/new owner can be found to keep the Panthers going.

A lot I guess will depend upon what comes out of what is going to be an even more vital than usual AGM this year.

No speedway fan wants to see any team folding, but the structure of the sport needs overhauling to give all clubs the very best opportunity to survive and flourish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Actually think JCF has a valid point,  if the Holder money was taken and used to keep the club going another season then its clear why it was considered,maybe without it the club would of been gone already, 

The sponsors will be pleased didnt they put money in for equipment and the asset purchases, also Scott Nicholls legal team will be wanting the money from the second year of the so called two year contract he signed.

Scotty's legal team will be busy then assuming they will be taking similar action against the RH promotion?

• Like 2

Is any Peterborough fan shocked by this news? I for one am not shocked by it, just the timing surprises me. Surely before a big away localish meeting which can define this season, you would want to encourage fans to make the trip not discourage people from going?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Is any Peterborough fan shocked by this news? I for one am not shocked by it, just the timing surprises me. Surely before a big away localish meeting which can define this season, you would want to encourage fans to make the trip not discourage people from going?

Seemingly not

The panthers have survived quite a few of these scares over the years. With the sport at its lowest ebb in living memory, a knight in shining armour will be harder to find this time.

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The panthers have survived quite a few of these scares over the years. With the sport at its lowest ebb in living memory, a knight in shining armour will be harder to find this time.

Bridge to far in my opinion . Unless someone comes in with the intention of spending a bit of money I think it's curtains.

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So am I correct in assuming that the "taking a year out facility" by effectively putting the clubs "licence on ice" for a year which is open to clubs is definitely not an option for the Panthers

Regards
THJ

Theoretically it's an option but practically with nimbyism a bigger issue these days more than ever,  development potentially an ever growing threat and the EoES landlords who would use the main ring for other things and wouldn't bother about the return of speedway, I doubt that the licence would ever need to be thawed out unless a new venue is found.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, flagrag said:

Didn't Neil Watson say that if more dates were needed then he was confident that they could be found but we didn't need to ask for them in 2018.

The potential for building around the showground far outweighs the need for speedway. Definitely can't afford a year with no speedway, because it would never come back.

• Sad 1