British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I know of many who'll go more frequently for top level speedway even if it is midweek 

Something like the below wouldbe good to watch

NKI 

Nicholls 

Andersen 

King 

Bjerre 

Shanes 

Berge 

1 man who id love to see on a regular basis is pickering wouldn't touch hans nki or bjerre this isnt 2007 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Is that really top level speedway though?

No but that team would of p155ed prem this season seems it looks about 5pts over

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I know of many who'll go more frequently for top level speedway even if it is midweek 

Something like the below wouldbe good to watch

NKI 

Nicholls 

Andersen 

King 

Bjerre 

Shanes 

Berge 

How many times over the last 15 years have the distress signals been out about crowds and finance? Virtually every season. And although I could unfortunately take or leave Peterborough Speedway from 2013, from 2015 Rathbone did seem to find a level and way of running that calmed the ship and allegedly balanced the books. The only slightly similar significant distress signals from Rathbone's tenure IMO came with Lakeside (who never did anything over the years but cause distress signals when visiting anyway) and, as has been pointed out, with an injury free Panthers team out the crowd would have turned up. I said when we went Sunday at the lower level that in the short term that's fine but it changes the dynamic of the club and mindset of the fans and is a negative for going back the other way, if that's what does happen? I hope that your many is a few hundred regulars and not a full people carrier sized occasional many!

Edited by Crump99

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is that really top level speedway though?

In the UK it is. Compared to abroad or the UK 12 years ago then no. As with the EL as a title, we're playing word games again.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

If Peterborough moved up be interesting to see what would happen with Tom Bacon as hes progressed so far with Panthers but as a number 7 in the higher lge containing mostly on the whole bigger tracks which he seems less suited to upto now would he opt to move on,

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough moved up be interesting to see what would happen with Tom Bacon as hes progressed so far with Panthers but as a number 7 in the higher lge containing mostly on the whole bigger tracks which he seems less suited to upto now would he opt to move on,

Bacon is not afraid of a challenge. If he wants to head to the very top like Jack Holder has done, he needs to master big tracks. The money is in Poland. 

1 hour ago, hans fan said:

1 man who id love to see on a regular basis is pickering wouldn't touch hans nki or bjerre this isnt 2007 

Hans fan saying wouldn't touch Hans!! maybe time for a username change.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Bacon is not afraid of a challenge. If he wants to head to the very top like Jack Holder has done, he needs to master big tracks. The money is in Poland. 

Maybe not afraid but he would be coming back from a nasty injury and his progress could be halted, he went well at Ipswich maybe go there to continue his progress if he opted against Peterborough or even Redcar with Ged?? 

13 hours ago, flagrag said:

I have heard that showground availability is one of the reasons that Peterborough are going up as very few clashes mid week where as they already know that there are 5 Sunday’s from March until May that the stadium is not available.

It also makes sense with local matches against Kings Lynn and Ipswich plus possibly Leicester depending on decisions with the level of racing in Championship 

There are 13 Sundays in they period, one of which is the MCN festival which we are again racing at on the Saturday. So really only 4 Sundays unavailable out of 13.  

16 minutes ago, Noodles said:

There are 13 Sundays in they period, one of which is the MCN festival which we are again racing at on the Saturday. So really only 4 Sundays unavailable out of 13.  

Should always compete in the highest league posssible imo 

Then it's time to market the product

Obviously nothing is confirmed until after the conference and all promotions know what the format of the league is going to be they can then make the best decision for their club.

In Peterborough case as it was told to me last week Championship on a Sunday was no longer an option due to general lack of dates especially if 2 or 3 more clubs join the league. There is also concerns over rider availability for both home and away riders as if they vote on less doubling up riders like King,Nicholls,Schlein,Morris,Wells,Bewley  etc will choose the Premiership and go back to riding in Polish 1st and 2nd division to maintain their earnings. I know many of these clubs like Pila,Ostrow,Opole and others are already trying to get these riders to sign up for them

10 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Obviously nothing is confirmed until after the conference and all promotions know what the format of the league is going to be they can then make the best decision for their club.

In Peterborough case as it was told to me last week Championship on a Sunday was no longer an option due to general lack of dates especially if 2 or 3 more clubs join the league. There is also concerns over rider availability for both home and away riders as if they vote on less doubling up riders like King,Nicholls,Schlein,Morris,Wells,Bewley  etc will choose the Premiership and go back to riding in Polish 1st and 2nd division to maintain their earnings. I know many of these clubs like Pila,Ostrow,Opole and others are already trying to get these riders to sign up for them

Sundays are the only viable day for Peterborough.  Anyone who thinks the top league on a weekday is going to work are bonkers.

• Like 2

Noodles- Possibly in an ideal world where stadium availability and rider availability was not an issue I am sure a lot of clubs would like to run on a Sunday afternoon but Peterborough don’t have that option so it is a case of run Championship on a Tuesday or Thursday night the best option is Premiership on Monday 

33 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Sundays are the only viable day for Peterborough.  Anyone who thinks the top league on a weekday is going to work are bonkers.

Problem being as Flagrag says getting top riders to commit to Sundays in the U.K. is difficult as most want to ride in Poland.

I dare say weekdays at the Showground will be better and more freely available but will enough fans attend to make it a viable propersition, local derbies will help especially if Ipswich sign up to the same league as well.

I don’t mind what night they ride as long as the team is competitive.