British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

I will make an active effort to attend regularly next season. I currently work in London and my train doesn't get back until 7.

I will look for a job in Peterborough next year. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Problem being as Flagrag says getting top riders to commit to Sundays in the U.K. is difficult as most want to ride in Poland.

I dare say weekdays at the Showground will be better and more freely available but will enough fans attend to make it a viable propersition, local derbies will help especially if Ipswich sign up to the same league as well.

I don’t mind what night they ride as long as the team is competitive.

Poland etc has not suddenly crept up though. The problems of Sunday speedway and anyone half decent being tied up elsewhere at some point was well known when it was decided to race then. With Friday not being a regular option then Weds or Thurs are the best bet. Tuesday was a disaster and can't see Monday being a hit. Surely cleaning up the showground after the weekend will impact on a Monday. Running Mon or Weds will require deep pockets and enthusiasm. Thursday will require slightly less deep pockets.

I hope the deal is done because we're not selling it very well :D

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I will make an active effort to attend regularly next season. I currently work in London and my train doesn't get back until 7.

Now you knew that anyway and we don't care, so where's the surprise? :icon_smile_clown:

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

Noodles- Possibly in an ideal world where stadium availability and rider availability was not an issue I am sure a lot of clubs would like to run on a Sunday afternoon but Peterborough don’t have that option so it is a case of run Championship on a Tuesday or Thursday night the best option is Premiership on Monday 

Jeez if the best option is Premiership on a Monday then we can are doomed before it starts.

It rules me out as I work away most Monday nights. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Jeez if the best option is Premiership on a Monday then we can are doomed before it starts.

It rules me out as I work away most Monday nights. 

I think what fans need is consistency in the fixture list. Asking fans to attend twice in a week is ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I think what fans need is consistency in the fixture list. Asking fans to attend twice in a week is ridiculous.

Don't know where you've been for the last decade but Mick Horton was saying that 15 years ago and it's been a fact of life at the EoES ever since!

Bugger, but that bait did look tasty :D

42 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Don't know where you've been for the last decade but Mick Horton was saying that 15 years ago and it's been a fact of life at the EoES ever since!

Bugger, but that bait did look tasty :D

I was only 7 years old, 15 years ago.

Apologies.

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Now you knew that anyway and we don't care, so where's the surprise? :icon_smile_clown:

Well, I baked a cake. :D You were expecting me, right ;)

4 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Although I understand that some Panthers fans don't  appreciate their threads being 'contaminated by numpties',,, I do believe that speedway needs continuity as, the majority of fans and/or staff that I know seem quite reluctant to 'change'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

Well, I baked a cake. :D You were expecting me, right ;)

Can a cake dance? Can a cake get you drunk? Will a cake let you put your hand up it's jumper? :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Can a cake dance? Can a cake get you drunk? Will a cake let you put your hand up it's jumper? :D

That would be, 'some cake'.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

A cakes ingredients need a good stir.......

7 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Would that 25k not help you buy panthers?

31 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Decided to leave you an open goal. You tapped it in, well played :D

• Haha 2