British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

Sounds like many of you think the best plan would be to turn off the lights, lock the doors and hand back the keys.....

You should be delighted anyone wants to take it on and keep it going (at whatever level)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

I agree, but it will still hurt me to give him my money.

Well, can you not give a freind your money and get them to pay you in ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

Agreed. Mid week didn't work in second tier either 

So what's the option then?

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So what's the option then?

If the new owner has deep pockets and is prepared to cover the losses, that's his prerogative. As long as it dosent put the future of the track at risk.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If the new owner has deep pockets and is prepared to cover the losses, that's his prerogative. As long as it dosent put the future of the track at risk.

Unfortunately the future of virtually all tracks is at risk from 'developers'. The Showground in particular from what I have heard.

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sounds like many of you think the best plan would be to turn off the lights, lock the doors and hand back the keys.....

You should be delighted anyone wants to take it on and keep it going (at whatever level)

How are we defining many? The view of a very very small queue at a burger van is hardly representative.

Edited by Crump99

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

How are we defining many? The view of a very very small queue at a burger van is hardly representative.

Can only go by the fact that a significant number of posts on this thread are stating

1)Top league speedway at Boro doesnt work

2)2nd tier speedway at Boro doesnt work

3)Weekend speedway at Boro doesnt work

4)Weekday speedway at Boro doesnt work

5)Any combination of the above at Boro doesnt work

Of course how representitive that is of the real view of the pussycat faithful is not proven and there I would bow to your greater local knowledge :P

Im just very surprised at how much negativity there is for ANY proposal even given thats what the BSF often does best :t:

• Like 2

if Sundays are no longer an option to run then that's a very sad situation at Peterborough.

Sunday was definitely the more popular raceday picking up many supporters from places like Kings Lynn and Leicester, which doubt will happen so much on a weeknight.

i wonder if this was one of the issues that prompted Ged to sell .. shame, things were certainly picking up running sundays

So its looks like you would rather have the club close then have buster come in the save the club what if he was to run it till someone else could buy it like he did with the lions .

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

Unfortunately the future of virtually all tracks is at risk from 'developers'. The Showground in particular from what I have heard.

Think the Showground has some Green Belt land that doesnt permit the building of houses on, wasnt there a developer who brought an area of land a few years back only to find he couldnt build anything on it so got well stitched up

57 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Think the Showground has some Green Belt land that doesnt permit the building of houses on, wasnt there a developer who brought an area of land a few years back only to find he couldnt build anything on it so got well stitched up

Didn't somebody buy the Swingers golf range land (grassy bit on the right as you drive inside the EoES for those trying to picture it) with the intention of building houses? That never happened, as yet anyway. Thought the problem was that the market bombed at the wrong time to put a hold on the plans. However, given that nothing has happened and doesn't look likely to, then perhaps you're right.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

So its looks like you would rather have the club close then have buster come in the save the club what if he was to run it till someone else could buy it like he did with the lions .

There's a world of difference between wanting the club to close (which nobody wants btw) and not liking who is at the helm. As long as it's at the right level then I'm sure that we'd all take Mick Horton again if it kept the club going for the prospect of better things.

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

if Sundays are no longer an option to run then that's a very sad situation at Peterborough.

Sunday was definitely the more popular raceday picking up many supporters from places like Kings Lynn and Leicester, which doubt will happen so much on a weeknight.

i wonder if this was one of the issues that prompted Ged to sell .. shame, things were certainly picking up running sundays

Sunday was a double edged sword. Yes it made good business for the reasons that you state but damaged the strength of the club's local fanbase if the club wished to progress back from where it came as is now rumoured. Sunday was never going to be an option in those circumstances.

Thought swingers closed because Mario collected alot of the golf balls!! 

Seems strange that people who dont live anywhere near the Showground seem to know whats happening with everything more than people who live in and around Peterborough