British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Of course that's going to happen. Ulrich & Lambert the first two names on the Redcar team sheet.

Gutted about Ged selling up but I suppose it was bound to happen at some time or other especially with all the travelling involved not will it happen but when. I am not so sure even with a new person at the helm if it could ever recover from this and i'm not so sure a lot of those who have done so much work behind the scenes , supporters club and track helpers would want to carry on either , sad times for the club it might seem like doom and gloom but that is how I see it .

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or glass half full, someone comes in and takes Panthers back in to the top division. 

Wouldn’t rule anything in or out at this stage. 

the so called top division is only a name now . no superstars anymore .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Yes, here we go again. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Rathbone move into Redcar. 

4 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Of course that's going to happen. Ulrich & Lambert the first two names on the Redcar team sheet.

Think both these could be correct and Peterborough's loss is Redcar's gain as Ged has made no secret that he would like to run his home town club, I also would like to think Peterborough will be safe as they do have a strong following and there should be interest, there maybe needs to be a serious discussion with the EOS management as I do not think they have helped matters with stadium availability this season. However good luck to both clubs going forward

Regards
THJ

17 minutes ago, Noodles said:

So why all the guff on the radio the other day? Said him & Carl were planning for next year already.

Did he mention that his planning was for Peterborough or Redcar or anything to do with speedway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Noodles said:

To be fair watching Lakeside for the 134th time this year with understrength teams which barely resembled Panthers was hardly going to pull in the masses. And where was the promotion, the big build ups? Barely anything in social media.

Don't disagree and you answered your own question.

• Like 1

Just now, noaksey said:

Is there seriously anyone out there that would pay a penny piece for a speedway club?

No one with any sense but when has this sport ever been run with the head, heart every time!!!

Regards
THJ

3 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Is there seriously anyone out there that would pay a penny piece for a speedway club?

They said the same thing last time.

44 minutes ago, Noodles said:

To be fair watching Lakeside for the 134th time this year with understrength teams which barely resembled Panthers was hardly going to pull in the masses. And where was the promotion, the big build ups? Barely anything in social media.

I am not so sure if there had been better media coverage of play offs / k/o cup It would have made that much difference to be honest . Looking back a few years ago at what Peter Oakes tried to do at Skegness and spent a small fortune and got absolutely nowhere makes you wonder is it worth it. The sport is dying out and trying to get new faces to come in is hard work. You only have to look how many clubs have gone to the wall over the past few years to bring this to realisation. 

As a speedway fan living in south Buckinghamshire, Peterborough is easily the track I have visited the most as a 'neutral' supporter in recent years - mainly because you're always assured of a covered seat with a decent view. So, at the risk of stating the b. obvious, I'd certainly count myself among the many who would describe themselves as 'gutted' if the track closed.

On another matter, it's interesting that the attendance for the Play-off SF was low. Aren't we always told 'the fans love the play-off system'? I would love it if we went back to the proper league championship system, and I would say the same about the Premiership too. If BT want some guaranteed end-of-season fixtures to broadcast, the Semis and Final of the KO Cup would surely fit the bill. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Bring back Horton and Bratley all is forgiven:icon_smile_clown:

If they were equal partners then that'd be ok. Wouldn't need to buy any fireworks that's for sure, there'd be plenty of natural ones :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Bring back Horton and Bratley all is forgiven:icon_smile_clown:

Bratley  acceptable   and as for Horton          NO WAY.

Is the  statement saying it could be the last speedway event at Peterborough an indication that there may be problems with the landlords at The Showground perhaps not wanting speedway at all?