British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers up for sale.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

I thought the previous owner of Peterborough said it had never made a profit.

So what? The current owner has.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

Seen the books have you?

Rathbone has been quoted as saying the club had a made a small profit during his time there. 

11 minutes ago, Sully said:

Rathbone has been quoted as saying the club had a made a small profit during his time there. 

If you want to sell though you're not going to say anything else really.

Having said that, everyone else got out on the back of reported losses so what he said is probably accurate.

Edited by Crump99

15 minutes ago, Sully said:

He actually said that it might have made a small profit, he also said it just about broke even. 

Just checking it out today

Ive brought my wallet.... :)

20181019_123303-1-1.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

He actually said that it might have made a small profit, he also said it just about broke even. 

Only those who are in control of the finances would know the real answer, but regardless of that, you would hardly expect him to admit he was running at a loss when trying to sell the club any one in this position would always gloss over the facts , but I honestly believe which ever way it is that it's a minimal amount, and also believe if he was local to the area i'm sure he would not be selling the club as all the travel involved must be taking it's toll with a business to run in the Middlesbrough that probably doesn't get his full attention it's hardly surprising he wants to sell up regardless of the Redcar situation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just checking it out today

Ive brought my wallet.... :)

20181019_123303-1-1.jpg

Just drove past the showground when my windscreen got covered in a plague of moths wearing sun glasses  , now I know where they have come from.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Only those who are in control of the finances would know the real answer, but regardless of that, you would hardly expect him to admit he was running at a loss when trying to sell the club any one in this position would always gloss over the facts , but I honestly believe which ever way it is that it's a minimal amount, and also believe if he was local to the area i'm sure he would not be selling the club as all the travel involved must be taking it's toll with a business to run in the Middlesbrough that probably doesn't get his full attention it's hardly surprising he wants to sell up regardless of the Redcar situation.

I agree totally, some seem to be clouded by wishful thinking but you can't blame them for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Just drove past the showground when my windscreen got covered in a plague of moths wearing sun glasses  , now I know where they have come from.

The Abab calves on site today looked better value but couldnt buy one of those either - the wife cleared me out at the craft show :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Didn’t stop Rick Frost constantly saying how much money it cost him running the club. 

19 minutes ago, Sully said:

Didn’t stop Rick Frost constantly saying how much money it cost him running the club. 

19 minutes ago, Sully said:

Expense would have been more running elite league speedway though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Any prospective buyers would complete due diligence. You can't cook the books. 

Ged gets no benefit from lying. He's telling the truth. 

3 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Well as he said it broke even and might have made a small profit, which is the truth? As for 'cooking the books' yes you can. Anyway everyone should hope that a buyer comes forward, sooner the better.

7 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Nobody is suggesting he's lying , there is a difference between glossing over the facts and lying.

• Like 1