British Speedway Forum

When anybody has been to Vojens over the years where have you stayed ? I've had a look at this early point and only one hotel which is already sold out. 

There is a kinda camp site with 8 shacks .... Anybody stayed here ? Or camped ? Or local-ish hotels and a bus in ? Hammelev looks an easy bus but not sure after the speedway. Although i did get a hotel of sorts in Malilla most of the people there were camping is this the same with the lack of hotels ?

Any help / ideas much appreciated. 

Also how do i go about getting these posts verified a little quicker ? I don't post often but checking back to see if there are replies and seeing it's still not approved is a little frustrating. 

Stayed at the Scandic in Kolding, flew into Aarhus on the Ryanair and hired a car for the weekend

Edited by iainb

Then again Kolding to Vojens only takes about 35-40 minutes,so no big deal

I did stay in a hotel just outside Vojens and walked to the track.Place was ok

Probably just as easy to stay somewhere like Sonderborg,which is very nice and has some good bars.A Scottish one and a Bavarian one for instance or even Flensburg isn’t too far away .Ribe,one of the oldest towns in Denmark is also 40 minutes away and has a decent Viking museum and a nice little town.Aabenraa is also a nice little place where you can enjoy a drink at the beach or in the market square 

Seeing as it takes me 2 hours or so,all these places are just down the road from Vojens for me at least

Edited by iris123

Also worth noting that Denmark seems to be shut on a Sunday

Went to Copenhagen a few years ago.  Some of the highest prices you'll ever see for food and drink.

That is why staying in Flensburg might be worth looking at 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:52 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Best choice by far

I looked here and there was a bus, do you know if there are bus's after speedway ? Although i'll have a car i don't plan to take it to the speedway so i can have a drink !

Thanks,

Barry

Some good replies but mainly driving options. I'd be happy to camp in Vojens if possible but ideal i'll be driving close and then on the public transport. Managed it with Malilla last year even though the bus was a little shakey with it's schedule. 

It's hard to find something in the closer area. You can find some appartments, but they are expensive. We used to stay by the beach at a small hotel. But seems to be sold out already, now we are going back to germany. It's on the way home and cheaper.

See Jacob Olsen is taking over Vojens with plans to run a team in the Superliga in 2020.Good news for me!!!And there are also plans to host other events such as concerts.A need for renovation/ upgrading the stadium is also mentioned

Before I write this off as a lost cause, is anyone driving out to this with a spare seat?