British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

seeing how successful Ole Olsen was as a rider, I cannot see how he come up with a track like this.

I will admit, I've never been a huge fan of Vojens, but the fact that it is a truly purpose-built track doesn't make sense.

38 minutes ago, gustix said:

Obviously you have not/do not visit FACEBOOK where the GP was publicised by me!

all you had to do .was click on the youtube advert on facebook and you copuld have weaatched on your PC . you didn't miss anyhting though anyway

I know this was a dire GP but I'm so pleased to have been able to see it through the kindness of members who sent me a link. I am on a very low wage and cannot afford a BT Sport subscription but I'm dedicated to speedway and am very grateful to have been sent a link so I could see Zmarzlik move into... ahem... pole position tonight. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

today

And before then, last month. Lindback in Wroclaw. Before that, the Slovenian GP in June (Lambert).

Steve

3 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

I know this was a dire GP but I'm so pleased to have been able to see it through the kindness of members who sent me a link. I am on a very low wage and cannot afford a BT Sport subscription but I'm dedicated to speedway and am very grateful to have been sent a link so I could see Zmarzlik move into... ahem... pole position tonight. 

If you haven't already come across it you should check out this thread where Racers & Royals provides videos of many meetings that most of us would otherwise not get the opportunity to see.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/87689-polish-and-other-match-videos-2019/&page=20&tab=comments#comment-3326327

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

When was last time 7 points qualified for semis?

Tonight was the 4th time this year....

Martin Vaculik tonight

Matej Zagar in Mallila

Antonio Lindback in Wrovclaw

Robert Lambert in Krsko

But not once in the previous two seasons.

A Facebook contributor advised me as follows in regard to the Vojens GP. It tends to support my thoughts: "...watch the racing highlights that should take all of 3 minutes..." 

Edited by Guest
spelling error

1 hour ago, norbold said:

So Zagar is now in the top 8. So is that good news for Thomsen?

If any two of Matej Zagar, NKI or Martin Vaculik finish in the top 8, then Anders Thomsen qualifies from the Challenge.

If all three get into the top 8, then Pontus Aspgren also gets in.

Well, what a complete utter load of tripe that was!!.......probably the worst GP of the season (and there were a few completely rubbish ones at the start too!).

• Like 1

Another crap GP. If only they could select the ten best race tracks in the world and use those. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, False dawn said:

If any two of Matej Zagar, NKI or Martin Vaculik finish in the top 8, then Anders Thomsen qualifies from the Challenge.

If all three get into the top 8, then Pontus Aspgren also gets in.

Hi False Dawn, not trying to pick an argument, but is that definitely true this year? I'm sure I read / heard that the rules had changed....... I could be very wrong!

Cheers

5 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Hi False Dawn, not trying to pick an argument, but is that definitely true this year? I'm sure I read / heard that the rules had changed....... I could be very wrong!

Cheers

No you are wrong

8.6 FIM SGP World Championship Qualifying System The total SGP points scored by each Rider having taken part in the FIM SGP World Championship Series during the season shall be shown on the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year. The current year’s Final Overall SGP Classification after removing any Rider having finished in the top 8, but having withdrawn from the SGP for the following year before the following year’s line-up has been published shall determine the Rider’s qualifications for next year’s SGP Championship as follows: • The top 8 Riders of the Final Overall SGP Classification (including any qualified Nominated Substitute Rider) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP Series. • The top 3 Riders from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings (Art. 71a) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP Series. Should a Rider who has qualified from these Qualification Meetings also be in the top 8 of the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year, then the next available Rider from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings will be selected. • 4 Additional Riders will be nominated by the SGP Commission. • 1 Wild Card Rider decided in accordance with Art. 3.5.

• Like 1

Just watched the meeting had to record it .very very poor worst gp this year did nt take long to watch fast forwarded it after the first lap knew the finishing order . Hopefully Cardiff and Toran will be better.these lads deserve tracks that let them race 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

I thought I heard of one a couple of months ago? He went by mistake thinking that it was cars, but he ending up staying because he liked the pie and chips?

Good one like your style 

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No you are wrong

8.6 FIM SGP World Championship Qualifying System The total SGP points scored by each Rider having taken part in the FIM SGP World Championship Series during the season shall be shown on the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year. The current year’s Final Overall SGP Classification after removing any Rider having finished in the top 8, but having withdrawn from the SGP for the following year before the following year’s line-up has been published shall determine the Rider’s qualifications for next year’s SGP Championship as follows: • The top 8 Riders of the Final Overall SGP Classification (including any qualified Nominated Substitute Rider) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP Series. • The top 3 Riders from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings (Art. 71a) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP Series. Should a Rider who has qualified from these Qualification Meetings also be in the top 8 of the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year, then the next available Rider from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings will be selected. • 4 Additional Riders will be nominated by the SGP Commission. • 1 Wild Card Rider decided in accordance with Art. 3.5.

Ha, I must have dreamt it!!! Thanks for the clarification