British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Peterborough v Scorpions 13.10.18 7pm

Expect poor crowd for this one , totally outclassed by Scorpions in first leg and betrayed by Panthers management . Some may go to witness the end of an era.

• Sad 1

At least they could have got an adult to do the graphic. Funniest looking Panther I've ever seen, more like the resident stray moggy that lives at the EWR!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

A band playing dirges and a horse drawn hearse would be appropriate for the parade

28 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

At least they could have got an adult to do the graphic. Funniest looking Panther I've ever seen, more like the resident stray moggy that lives at the EWR!

A scabby old stray moggy is just about spot on :P

A 28 point deficit which Panthers have no chance of clawing back.

No Nicholls, MPT, BWD or Bacon

An off race night starting at 7pm

Poor weather forecast.

Club up for sale.

The place will be like a morgue - but I'll still be there.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Noodles said:

A 28 point deficit which Panthers have no chance of clawing back.

No Nicholls, MPT, BWD or Bacon

An off race night starting at 7pm

Poor weather forecast.

Club up for sale.

The place will be like a morgue - but I'll still be there.

If Ged thinks the attendances have been low for the last month  then i think he will see a really low attendance for Saturday night , dumb move to announce he's selling up before this weekends fixtures in my opinion and with a majority alien team I seriously think a lot of fans will not bother as they feel they have been totally let down by a poor management decision of the timing of the sell off of the club.  

Guest WTF1
3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If Ged thinks the attendances have been low for the last month  then i think he will see a really low attendance for Saturday night , dumb move to announce he's selling up before this weekends fixtures in my opinion and with a majority alien team I seriously think a lot of fans will not bother as they feel they have been totally let down by a poor management decision of the timing of the sell off of the club.  

Wow,  was thinking of going to this meeting but it sounds like it's going to be a reet bundle of laughs,  is dress code optional or should we all wear black,  surely Peterborough supporters should be out there in force to convince any new buyers that speedway is worth saving,  will I be there,  weather permitting,  of course I bloody well will be. 

28 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Agreed. The timing of his announcement was dreadful & no doubt made early out of frustration. Another few days would have made no difference.

• Like 2

The fixture is 3 days away and absolutely naff all on the website & Twitter - and Ged wonders why crowds have been poor. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Wow,  was thinking of going to this meeting but it sounds like it's going to be a reet bundle of laughs,  is dress code optional or should we all wear black,  surely Peterborough supporters should be out there in force to convince any new buyers that speedway is worth saving,  will I be there,  weather permitting,  of course I bloody well will be. 

I will also be there but I can't speak for others , what would you expect from Panthers supporters with little chance of a win with only 3 regular team members and the prospect of no future .

4 minutes ago, Noodles said:

The fixture is 3 days away and absolutely naff all on the website & Twitter - and Ged wonders why crowds have been poor. 

I think they've given up on getting a reasonable crowd along with everything else, i bet Ged can't wait to get the weekend over and done with along with most supporters as well

• Like 1

if i was 20 miles away and not a panthers fan , but a speedway fan . I WOULD GO , NO BOTHER . hope he gets a decent crowd and the good people of Peterborough stick with Ged for the last meetings of the 2018 season . less fans = very little chance of selling the club to a prospective buyer . attend , attend , attend . show some support .when its gone , its GONE .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jenga said:

if i was 20 miles away and not a panthers fan , but a speedway fan . I WOULD GO , NO BOTHER . hope he gets a decent crowd and the good people of Peterborough stick with Ged for the last meetings of the 2018 season . less fans = very little chance of selling the club to a prospective buyer . attend , attend , attend . show some support .when its gone , its GONE .

Unfortunately not all fans will see it in the same light as you but what they will remember is Ged accepting £23,000 that would go a long to securing Peterborough's future, remember that was only 14 months ago.

Edited by New era Panthers

God   knows why but I will be there

• Like 1