British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Peterborough v Scorpions 13.10.18 7pm

33 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Unfortunately not all fans will see it in the same light as you but what they will remember is Ged accepting  £40,000 that would go a long to securing Peterborough's future, remember that was only 14 months ago.

It was only £23,000.

If your a speedway fan you should fight tooth and nail to influence any prospective buyers into investing, I've supported one club home and away and seen them go to the death bed after been successful (Hull Vikings ) 

without doubt Peterborough speedway needs all the help it can 

one last note to Panthers fans once it's gone it's harder to bring back that's a fact hopefully the weather behaves and I'll be there with The Scorpions see you there

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

If your a speedway fan you should fight tooth and nail to influence any prospective buyers into investing, I've supported one club home and away and seen them go to the death bed after been successful (Hull Vikings ) 

without doubt Peterborough speedway needs all the help it can 

one last note to Panthers fans once it's gone it's harder to bring back that's a fact hopefully the weather behaves and I'll be there with The Scorpions see you there

Me too, support your local team if you possibly can....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A scabby old stray moggy is just about spot on :P

That's true, thinking about it, such an animal wouldn't look out of place at the EWR so they'd probably dress it up as a scorpion and enlist it as a mascot to work for its Whiskas!

16 hours ago, jenga said:

if i was 20 miles away and not a panthers fan , but a speedway fan . I WOULD GO , NO BOTHER . hope he gets a decent crowd and the good people of Peterborough stick with Ged for the last meetings of the 2018 season . less fans = very little chance of selling the club to a prospective buyer . attend , attend , attend . show some support .when its gone , its GONE .

You can't expect people to turn up given the circumstances. Anyone interested in purchasing the club will realise the situation, have done their homework and will ignore Saturday.

Edited by Crump99

Jeez,give the lad a break. He puts up the match advert week after week, done in his own time and very probably for free. He also puts in a lot of time at amateur meetings ,  in field flag marshalling, starter,  ref's box etc.  He also does a sterling job on speedway updates site ,again all voluntary. All in all a true fan of the sport.

Edited by scunny1
addition
  • Like 4

Like all Panthers fans, I'm disappointed by the way things have gone at the tail end of the season, and worried about Ged's bombshell news.  But I'll be there as usual - with at least one of the two people who often come with me.   And I'd urge all Panthers fans to go, irrespective of how unappealing it is in many respects.     

Just hoping and praying it won't be the last-ever meeting at the EoES......  :unsure:  

4 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Like all Panthers fans, I'm disappointed by the way things have gone at the tail end of the season, and worried about Ged's bombshell news.  But I'll be there as usual - with at least one of the two people who often come with me.   And I'd urge all Panthers fans to go, irrespective of how unappealing it is in many respects.     

Just hoping and praying it won't be the last-ever meeting at the EoES......  :unsure:  

Getting a bit like I'm Spartacus.

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Getting a bit like I'm Spartacus.

eh?  :unsure:

23 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Jeez,give the lad a break. He puts up the match advert week after week, done in his own time and very probably for free. He also puts in a lot of time at amateur meetings ,  in field flag marshalling, starter,  ref's box etc.  He also does a sterling job on speedway updates site ,again all voluntary. All in all a true fan of the sport.

And then goes and does something childish what 1st class idiot.

1 hour ago, PE7Panther said:

eh?  :unsure:

Have  you not noticed the die hards  who are saying i'll be there

Edited by New era Panthers

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Have not noticed the die hards  who are saying i'll be there

Again.. what?!!  :unsure:  Who hasn't?     

Maybe it wasn't actually meant to be in reply to my post earlier. Either way, I honestly don't understand what point you're trying to make.  

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

And then goes and does something childish what 1st class idiot.

in fairness the way the panthers performed at scunny this weeks poster was probably spot on with the cuddly kitten on it just an opinion before you go off on one :D