British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Peterborough v Scorpions 13.10.18 7pm

Oyster Card has been woeful for Peterborough 

but it's alright having a go at him but who chose the guests for the Scunthorpe home leg  ,all 3 guests used wer approximately  2 pts each under for the riders they were replacing and only Tero Aarnio came out the meeting with any credit

MPT was testing a new engine out aswell  

There are the reasons why Peterborough were dumped out of the knock out cup so glad as my team Scunny progressed into a final after been ravaged by injuries all season .When and who they ride against is still to be decided and as it's going the final will be in November 

Also as a speedway fan I hope Peterborough sort there off track problems and came to tapes in Spring 2019

ps did Tofty turn up tonight like he did for Kings Lynn earlier in the week ?

Edited by Tosh1218

28 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Oyster Card has been woeful for Peterborough 

but it's alright having a go at him but who chose the guests for the Scunthorpe home leg  ,all 3 guests used wer approximately  2 pts each under for the riders they were replacing and only Tero Aarnio came out the meeting with any credit

MPT was testing a new engine out aswell  

There are the reasons why Peterborough were dumped out of the knock out cup so glad as my team Scunny progressed into a final after been ravaged by injuries all season .When and who they ride against is still to be decided and as it's going the final will be in November 

Also as a speedway fan I hope Peterborough sort there off track problems and came to tapes in Spring 2019

ps did Tofty turn up tonight like he did for Kings Lynn earlier in the week ?

Workington qualified for the final a fortnight a go the first leg is at Scunthorpe on Sunday 21st at 5pm

Edited by Fozzie4388

Guest WTF1

Pretty tame meeting,  track was as slick as the M1 couldn't understand the constant tyrepacking,  thought I was at Sheffield , but at least we got to the final. 

Thought promotion and fans had agreed- we don't like Sunday afternoon dust bowls and prefer usual Friday night consistent track:(

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Workington qualified for the final a fortnight a go the first leg is at Scunthorpe on Sunday 21st at 5pm

I was mistaken with there double header tomorrow in the league playoff

11 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Thought promotion and fans had agreed- we don't like Sunday afternoon dust bowls and prefer usual Friday night consistent track:(

Given the circumstances I suspect that the effort was to just get the meeting out of the way. If it was in their power then I'm sure that the promotion would prefer the option of Fridays and dirt but it isn't. Riders at this level can't ride a consistent track. Only the other week it was reported that they wanted more dirt but we were then told that they couldn't ride it :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99

What a meeting that was and now I have the utter DISGUST  AT THE PROMOTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY AT THE DISRESPECTFUL ATTITUDE shown to the promotion, riders & fans of Scunthorpe Speedway. At the end of the meeting, all we wanted was the riders to come round on a lap of honour to show the fans how grateful we were in the end getting through to our first KO Final.

What did we get! 2 laps of the Peterborough riders on the truck & promotion on the bikes. Then the interviews started. With that I walked over to the pit fence & saw our riders, still in gear, sat or stood in the away pit area. I went back to the bend 1 area to where our fans had congregated to tell them what I saw & some of us started to walk back to the car park. On arrival at the car, we were greeted with the sound of fireworks exploding in the night time sky.

THANK YOU PETERBOROUGH FOR OUR 5 MINUTES OF GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure where you were standing, but the Scunny riders walked around to the exit of bend 2 to about 20 of us and shook our hands and had a chat, Jason stopping longest and thanked us all for coming. Not sure I would blame the Peterborough promotion without knowing the full story. If it is the last ever meeting they hold, and I hope not, it would have been quite emotional in the pits and events happen that would not normally. I think will agree to disagree on this and leave it there.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

What a meeting that was and now I have the utter DISGUST  AT THE PROMOTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY AT THE DISRESPECTFUL ATTITUDE shown to the promotion, riders & fans of Scunthorpe Speedway. At the end of the meeting, all we wanted was the riders to come round on a lap of honour to show the fans how grateful we were in the end getting through to our first KO Final.

What did we get! 2 laps of the Peterborough riders on the truck & promotion on the bikes. Then the interviews started. With that I walked over to the pit fence & saw our riders, still in gear, sat or stood in the away pit area. I went back to the bend 1 area to where our fans had congregated to tell them what I saw & some of us started to walk back to the car park. On arrival at the car, we were greeted with the sound of fireworks exploding in the night time sky.

O/K   so you're through to the final of the k/o cup , you're team didn't win on the night , had they have done they would have got a victory parade as for missing fireworks , if you had listened to announcements being made, you would have heard it broadcast on more than a couple of occasions on the PA system, so next time you visit(if there is a next time )just remember we only do victory parades for winners and not for losers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

O/K   so you're through to the final of the k/o cup , you're team didn't win on the night , had they have done they would have got a victory parade as for missing fireworks , if you had listened to announcements being made, you would have heard it broadcast on more than a couple of occasions on the PA system, so next time you visit(if there is a next time )just remember we only do victory parades for winners and not for losers.

i thought scunny won on agg . so peterborough AND scunthorpe are winners.  but i can see where you are coming from . good luck in getting a new owner .  would be a shame to lose that track. 

Lucky enough to be on the back straight and got to greet our  team, but agree  a ride round on the  truck was no biggie. As  for the PA on the back straight-pretty useless and echo all around. I never heard any firework announcement either but not real bothered.  Only real bother was Gino- looked well glum and no interaction with fans at all, somebody tell him we won!

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Congratulations to Scunthorpe on reaching the KO Cup Final. The victory parade is for the team that wins on the night, not on aggregate.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Congratulations to Scunthorpe on reaching the KO Cup Final. The victory parade is for the team that wins on the night, not on aggregate.

Of course it is. Never engaged brain on that one. Rather straightforward so will hide my previous :rolleyes:

Terrific fighting performance by Scorpions from Heat 7 onwards, after a poor start to the meeting.  Another great team performance, with Jake, Jason and Steve taking the starring roles. Eventually Scorpions won quite comfortably on aggregate.

Fair play to Peterborough on coming out all guns blazing in the opening races. Hard luck to Panthers - you need a bit of luck with injuries in speedway.  It hit Scunny earlier in the season, and now it's hit Panthers.  Although last night, the Panthers guests were excellent, it was actually a Panthers rider who had a stinker. 

As for the little petulant act of denying Scunny a victory parade for their win (and yes they did win, who cares about the winners on the night in the second leg of a cup tie? ), it didn't really spoil things. As already mentioned, the riders still came around to thank the fans.

11 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Terrific fighting performance by Scorpions from Heat 7 onwards, after a poor start to the meeting.  Another great team performance, with Jake, Jason and Steve taking the starring roles. Eventually Scorpions won quite comfortably on aggregate.

Fair play to Peterborough on coming out all guns blazing in the opening races. Hard luck to Panthers - you need a bit of luck with injuries in speedway.  It hit Scunny earlier in the season, and now it's hit Panthers.  Although last night, the Panthers guests were excellent, it was actually a Panthers rider who had a stinker. 

As for the little petulant act of denying Scunny a victory parade for their win (and yes they did win, who cares about the winners on the night in the second leg of a cup tie? ), it didn't really spoil things. As already mentioned, the riders still came around to thank the fans.

What next? An open top bus tour for finishing 9th in the league? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2