British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Peterborough v Scorpions 13.10.18 7pm

No doubt in my mind  that if Ostergaard  had put up any kind of show whatsoever Panthers  would have clawed back the deficit.

Disgruntled Scunthorpe fans may like to dwell on the fact that this was possibly the last ever meeting at the Showground. Scunthorpe still have their moment to come.

There were quite a few Scorpion fans there, not just on the back straight but in the grandstand & on bend 1. As I said, just 5 minutes for the fans. As for the winners, yes you won on the night & we won on aggregate getting through to or first ever KO Final.

As for missing the fireworks at the end, I was not too bothered as there was no fireworks(entertainment) on track just the excitement of the Panthers fans in closing the gap.

I do enjoy my meetings at Peterborough not just as a Scorpion fan but as a Speedway fan as a neutral sometimes but why the track was prepared like that, warm weather & not a hint of rain so why was there no dirt to have the usual multi line racing rather than a gate & go bore fest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noodles said:

What next? An open top bus tour for finishing 9th in the league? 

This meeting had nothing to do with finishing 9th in the league. It was the KO Cup!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

No doubt in my mind  that if Ostergaard  had put up any kind of show whatsoever Panthers  would have clawed back the deficit.

Disgruntled Scunthorpe fans may like to dwell on the fact that this was possibly the last ever meeting at the Showground. Scunthorpe still have their moment to come.

I sincerely hope it was not the last meeting at the Showground.

The meeting was not just lost last night as it was a 2 legged semi final & some of your riders did not turn up for the 1st one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Everything crossed that Peterborough are back in 2019.

• Like 2

Guest WTF1
37 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Let's not forget that Josh Auty was also missing from the Scunny team, the home leg would have been over 60 as he would have scored more than Howarth's 8 + Howarth only scoring 3 last night didn't help Scunny's cause but in the end Scunny pulled through.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

I'm not sure you can totally blama him.. It was a hell of a lot of points to make up after the first leg thrashing.. But it was a fine effort by the Panthers early in the meeting 

Seems the Panthers just ran out of steam in the last half of the meeting

Shame injuries caught both teams as two full teams on two of the fairest race tracks in the league would have made a proper semi final shootout 

Hope Boro can salvage something today against Lakeside.. The club deserves a final this season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

This meeting had nothing to do with finishing 9th in the league. It was the KO Cup!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was only qualification. You haven't won anything. He was replying to post asking for such a response so you perhaps need to read that again! Victory parades are for meeting on the night winners. Panthers are consistent on that so still potentially best runners up don't qualify.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Terrific fighting performance by Scorpions from Heat 7 onwards, after a poor start to the meeting.  Another great team performance, with Jake, Jason and Steve taking the starring roles. Eventually Scorpions won quite comfortably on aggregate.

Fair play to Peterborough on coming out all guns blazing in the opening races. Hard luck to Panthers - you need a bit of luck with injuries in speedway.  It hit Scunny earlier in the season, and now it's hit Panthers.  Although last night, the Panthers guests were excellent, it was actually a Panthers rider who had a stinker. 

As for the little petulant act of denying Scunny a victory parade for their win (and yes they did win, who cares about the winners on the night in the second leg of a cup tie? ), it didn't really spoil things. As already mentioned, the riders still came around to thank the fans.

Petulant ?    Get real I have got just about the same respect for you as I have for your childish fellow Scunthorpe fan  funny but not funny dan  and your  rule bending promoter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, JeremyCorbynFan said:

His bike packs up again. 

Time for him to go, we need a new number 5.

I think you need a new owner first!

I was at the meeting and wasn't concerned that the  panthers had a parade or that the riders didn't come round after.they are a very accessible bunch and I had a long chat with jake allen and Rob Godfrey after in the pits and it was nice to bath in the warm glow of sticking it to Peterborough over two legs.

on a side issue think Mpt has been very good for you this year but you have seen back end of the season what we saw for the majority of last year.:D

awaiting the haters with baited breath 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I was at the meeting and wasn't concerned that the  panthers had a parade or that the riders didn't come round after.they are a very accessible bunch and I had a long chat with jake allen and Rob Godfrey after in the pits and it was nice to bath in the warm glow of sticking it to Peterborough over two legs.

on a side issue think Mpt has been very good for you this year but you have seen back end of the season what we saw for the majority of last year.:D

awaiting the haters with baited breath 

No qualms about your above comment MPT was the main reason we are out of k/o cup for his performance at Scunthorpe as much the same reason for Ostergaard  in the home meeting  they both had shockers but congratulations on reaching the final as you proved to be the better side over the two legs and deserve to be there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2