British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I don’t accept that - he just didn’t ride as well as he has this season - this May be due to machinery but certainly not an agent for Poole :nono:

I wouldn't bet on it .   He has ridden our track well in the past and only recently scored 11pts when used as a  guest.    In that 1st leg  every race he tried to jump the start and subsequently got warned & excluded, Yes I appreciate the had 2 race wins but only when we were 18 pts adrift.   when the team  got back into contention  he conveniently went missing again..

In the second leg at Lynn  he was seen consistently shutting off so early going into that first bend, ensuring he was never in contention.   So noticeable, it stood out a mile.     Matt Ford is such an astute  manager, I'm in not doubt he had all these bases covered.     Probably that  accounted for the big smile on his face all evening...

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I wouldn't bet on it .   He has ridden our track well in the past and only recently scored 11pts when used as a  guest.    In that 1st leg  every race he tried to jump the start and subsequently got warned & excluded, Yes I appreciate the had 2 race wins but only when we were 18 pts adrift.   when the team  got back into contention  he conveniently went missing again..

In the second leg at Lynn  he was seen consistently shutting off so early going into that first bend, ensuring he was never in contention.   So noticeable, it stood out a mile.     Matt Ford is such an astute  manager, I'm in not doubt he had all these bases covered.     Probably that  accounted for the big smile on his face all evening...

I hope you can conclusively prove that anyone deliberately cheated. That is one very serious claim you are making.  No wonder this forum is considered a dangerous place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I would have thought he would want Poole to lose considering we sacked him.

1 hour ago, BobC said:

I hope you can conclusively prove that anyone deliberately cheated. That is one very serious claim you are making.  No wonder this forum is considered a dangerous place.

It is very difficult to prove either way, you can only go by what you see.   There were so many deciding factors that went Pools way, you have to question your own sanity to believe them .  I cant believe I have been so gullible for so many years.  I have tried hard to justify all the inconsistencies that happened over the years,  but there comes a point when you have to face all your doubts.   The truth is I don't believe in it any more,  and question the integrity of it all.   I can understand why so many fans have deserted it.    

I cannot continue supporting something I don't believe in anymore. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Does that include the fairies that feed you these stories?

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It is very difficult to prove either way, you can only go by what you see.   There were so many deciding factors that went Pools way, you have to question your own sanity to believe them .  I cant believe I have been so gullible for so many years.  I have tried hard to justify all the inconsistencies that happened over the years,  but there comes a point when you have to face all your doubts.   The truth is I don't believe in it any more,  and question the integrity of it all.   I can understand why so many fans have deserted it.    

Poole had a fair bit of good luck and Lynn had a lot of bad luck. That's all there is to it. To suggest Adam wasn't scoring points on purpose so Poole would have a better chance of winning, is quite frankly ridiculous! He doesn't really have a connection to the club,  so I don't really get it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Sometimes Me Webb comes out with a load of old squit on here which embarrasses other Lynn fans and that post about Adam Ellis is right  up there with them. Dear me.

Lynn's version of Steve Shovlar:rolleyes:

Poole had a big dose of good luck over the semi and final but I don't think Ellis purposely went out to be as bad as he was, wonder how he feels in himself having let the Stars down so badly? As for Poole in football parlance their name was on the cup, similar to when Man U won the Champions league againt Bayern, these things happen in sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Goodbye.

your posts are unbelievable. You accuse everyone as a cheat, Matt Ford, the ref, Ellis plus any rider of Poole.

I thought MPT should not have been excluded in heat 12. However, the most that could have happened was a 3-2 to KL in that heat although I think it would have been a 3-2 to Poole. KL would have only had one rider in that heat as both reserves were already in the heat.

MPT would not have ridden again in that leg nor the 2nd leg because of his broken hand. That is speedway.

Are you accusing the Poole rider of dangerous riding with the intent of taking MPT out?

Kings Lynn are disappointed which is understandable but your comments are so extreme it is unbelievable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Jesus you are making some libellous accusations. Why on earth would Adam Ellis ride poorly on purpose against Poole? He looked like he was trying and most certainly wouldn’t had wanted to let the team he was riding for down. Remember, it is difficult for a guest to ride in a meeting like this when riders attached to both clubs are riding at 120% of their capabilities.

Your are coming over as a very bad loser. Accept that Poole were just the better team and the Kings Lynn ridrs all tried their hearts out but came up short.

Totally and utterly..........

Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Sometimes Me Webb comes out with a load of old squit on here which embarrasses other Lynn fans and that post about Adam Ellis is right  up there with them. Dear me.

Very bad loser who is embarressing himself.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole had a fair bit of good luck and Lynn had a lot of bad luck. That's all there is to it. To suggest Adam wasn't scoring points on purpose so Poole would have a better chance of winning, is quite frankly ridiculous! He doesn't really have a connection to the club,  so I don't really get it.

Kings Lynn had plenty of luck in the second leg. If the same things had gone Poole’s way there would be dozens of pages about it. But none of it is mentioned because it doesn’t fit the agenda.

Jorgensen going over the white line. Rollers for both KL riders in heat 12. Unsatisfactory start when Jorgensen rode into Morris....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jesus you are making some libellous accusations. Why on earth would Adam Ellis ride poorly on purpose against Poole? He looked like he was trying and most certainly wouldn’t had wanted to let the team he was riding for down. Remember, it is difficult for a guest to ride in a meeting like this when riders attached to both clubs are riding at 120% of their capabilities.

Your are coming over as a very bad loser. Accept that Poole were just the better team and the Kings Lynn ridrs all tried their hearts out but came up short.

Totally and utterly......….

Too true, I'm probably the worlds worse loser but I make no apologies for take.    I will also agree the Lynn riders gave their all,  and cannot complain of the effort they applied.   They didn't deserve to be on the losing side.. I will also agree  how difficult it must be for any guest to join in at the final stage of any competition.     which adds to the question  why use them.     It appeared we bent over backward to sort out a bad ruling on guests , at the expense of making our team weaker,...  and Poole team stronger....    Just another convenience that is hard to swallow..

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Poole had a big dose of good luck over the semi and final but I don't think Ellis purposely went out to be as bad as he was, wonder how he feels in himself having let the Stars down so badly? As for Poole in football parlance their name was on the cup, similar to when Man U won the Champions league againt Bayern, these things happen in sport.

Good init..