British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

Speedway matches are often filled with what if moments, magnified over a two legged Final, it's harder to take as a Trophy was up for grabs, personally I think KL should have used RR and relied on their riders who were in form.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, noggin said:

Speedway matches are often filled with what if moments, magnified over a two legged Final, it's harder to take as a Trophy was up for grabs, personally I think KL should have used RR and relied on their riders who were in form.

Agree. Kings Lynn caused mayhem ore the first leg by going for a rider already booked by the other team. Poole backed down and allowed Kings Lynn to use Ellis in both legs for the good of the sport. 

What happened was simply karma.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Too true, I'm probably the worlds worse loser but I make no apologies for take.    I will also agree the Lynn riders gave their all,  and cannot complain of the effort they applied.   They didn't deserve to be on the losing side.. I will also agree  how difficult it must be for any guest to join in at the final stage of any competition.     which adds to the question  why use them.     It appeared we bent over backward to sort out a bad ruling on guests , at the expense of making our team weaker,...  and Poole team stronger....    Just another convenience that is hard to swallow..

Well the guest situation is all KL's own doing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jesus you are making some libellous accusations. Why on earth would Adam Ellis ride poorly on purpose against Poole? He looked like he was trying and most certainly wouldn’t had wanted to let the team he was riding for down. Remember, it is difficult for a guest to ride in a meeting like this when riders attached to both clubs are riding at 120% of their capabilities.

Your are coming over as a very bad loser. Accept that Poole were just the better team and the Kings Lynn ridrs all tried their hearts out but came up short.

Totally and utterly..........

Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

I don't agree at all with g13webb's comments but what did you say about Belle Vue when Mark Riss told Ipswich, who then told Belle Vue, that he was going to end his season and return home to Germany. You went into meltdown calling us cheats and saying we should race with one reserve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I don't agree at all with g13webb's comments but what did you say about Belle Vue when Mark Riss told Ipswich, who then told Belle Vue, that he was going to end his season and return home to Germany. You went into meltdown calling us cheats and saying we should race with one reserve.

A dodgy decision when the playoffs were upon you and it would be what all riders strive for.

What an earth has happened to the Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup thread could have sworn it was here somewhere.All it seems to be now is the Steve Shovlar side show.

Trying to get it back on course now,i'm hoping Lynn try to get Charles Wright to guest for MPT especially for this trip to Somerset.He does ride well there and may have the added incentive to do well with what went on earlier in the season.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A dodgy decision when the playoffs were upon you and it would be what all riders strive for.

Anybody with even a basic knowledge of the sport could see that the guests available were far from guaranteed to make us any stronger and I can certainly understand, even if you can't, that a rider suffering a lack of confidence after an injury and a series of falls wouldn't want to add to the mental pressures by riding in the play offs. 

Apologies tellboy but certain posters sometimes need to be reminded of what they have said when they criticise others for doing the same.

Hopefully, now back to the post topic.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

What an earth has happened to the Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup thread could have sworn it was here somewhere.All it seems to be now is the Steve Shovlar side show.

Trying to get it back on course now,i'm hoping Lynn try to get Charles Wright to guest for MPT especially for this trip to Somerset.He does ride well there and may have the added incentive to do well with what went on earlier in the season.

Nothing to do with me. G13webbs rantings caused the subject to get off topic.

Best of luck to either team.  Looking forward to beating whoever wins at the start of next season.

Yep, let’s get this back to the cup final, it’s got nothing to do with the Play Offs or Poole. 

Would Charles Wright fit? Would be a good choice if so as rides both tracks well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, let’s get this back to the cup final, it’s got nothing to do with the Play Offs or Poole. 

Would Charles Wright fit? Would be a good choice if so as rides both tracks well. 

He most certainly does Bagpuss.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Would love to see a last blast from Charles Wright before the season finishes...

Just now, Orbiter said:

is this televised?

No

13 hours ago, g13webb said:

Employing guests to cover for injured riders should be the way to go,     but they need to be of a reliable nature,    not someone like Ellis who clearly had other intentions.   Had we used R/R in the second leg, after his obvious performance in the first,  we would have won that Play-offs   no problems.     I will never understand the reasons why Lynn used a guest who had so much history with Poole...    With Robert,   Rizz ,  Proctor and TJ   all going well , they would always score more than a dubious guest....       

I  hope NKI  is fit to ride,   but if not,  don't lets go down that same road as last week.  Leave it to our own riders who wont let you down......

That is a serious accusation, bordering on liable. Don’t see any Poole connection / allegiance with Adam. Quite the opposite reading papa’s posts. You also ridiculed NKI for riding in a benefit meeting for a very sadly disabled legend. Kings Lynn will fight another day but it’s nothing compared to the painful, daily challenges Tomasz has in the years to come. Thought you were better than that. 

• Like 1

Mr Webb has proved on several occasions that he is most certainly not better than that.