British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

Can see a dominating display for rebels in this one or may will tear more hair from that monkey ass,they will need a big lead to go to stars turf

On 10/12/2018 at 9:28 PM, Ghosty said:

The choice of Bomber as guest does speedway no credibility, not a good move! How can speedway ever be treated with any respect with the media & others outside our own little world. The people that control our "sport" must look @ the  bigger picture. 

Sadly those in control of the sport in the UK never do look at the bigger picture. I believe that they are incapable of looking at the bigger picture as they are totally immersed in their own macro parochial world. Hence the managed decline of this century will continue until the point of extinction ( ie the death of speedway here, as we know it ). The sport in the UK consists of a group of mercenary riders chosen by those to ride for their team when possible to maximum local gain - sod the bigger picture it seems!

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hodgy said:

That is a serious accusation, bordering on liable. Don’t see any Poole connection / allegiance with Adam. Quite the opposite reading papa’s posts. You also ridiculed NKI for riding in a benefit meeting for a very sadly disabled legend. Kings Lynn will fight another day but it’s nothing compared to the painful, daily challenges Tomasz has in the years to come. Thought you were better than that. 

I didn't ridicule NKI for riding in Thomas Gollob charity meeting,   I just questioned him putting everything on the line in a charity meeting , when  the next day Lynn faced the biggest meeting in their history.. I can understand the importance of star performers at the meeting  drawing  loads  spectators,  but it would have made little difference  to TG if Niels had won the meeting,   But it all but destroyed  Lynn chances of success in the Playoffs..,

I appreciate you say Lynn can fight another day, but we had waited  a long time (53 years)  for this to happen ,    so who knows,  if or when,  Lynn will get another change....   There will never be a better opportunity than the chance we had this year....  

Didn't realise speaking as you feel makes you a bad person,     but apparently so,     sorry if I offended you...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, g13webb said:

I wouldn't bet on it .   He has ridden our track well in the past and only recently scored 11pts when used as a  guest.    In that 1st leg  every race he tried to jump the start and subsequently got warned & excluded, Yes I appreciate the had 2 race wins but only when we were 18 pts adrift.   when the team  got back into contention  he conveniently went missing again..

In the second leg at Lynn  he was seen consistently shutting off so early going into that first bend, ensuring he was never in contention.   So noticeable, it stood out a mile.     Matt Ford is such an astute  manager, I'm in not doubt he had all these bases covered.     Probably that  accounted for the big smile on his face all evening...

I’ll have a pint of what you’ve been drinking. You’re obviously pïssed. Either that or just plain thick.

That has to be one of the most stupid posts I’ve read in a while, which is some going considering the competition on here sometimes 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Iversen has returned to the track this afternoon in the Diamond Cup final in Poland. 

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Iversen has returned to the track this afternoon in the Diamond Cup final in Poland. 

And according to SportoweFakty is looking good so far. 

Edited by A ORLOV

On 10/13/2018 at 8:07 AM, g13webb said:

Employing guests to cover for injured riders should be the way to go,     but they need to be of a reliable nature,    not someone like Ellis who clearly had other intentions.   Had we used R/R in the second leg, after his obvious performance in the first,  we would have won that Play-offs   no problems.     I will never understand the reasons why Lynn used a guest who had so much history with Poole...    With Robert,   Rizz ,  Proctor and TJ   all going well , they would always score more than a dubious guest....       

I  hope NKI  is fit to ride,   but if not,  don't lets go down that same road as last week.  Leave it to our own riders who wont let you down......

you have no idea whatsoever regarding Ellis.

i'd have him at the club 100%.

i'm guessing if Riss (for example) has a bad meeting it's because he may have stopped off at Burnham-on-Sea for a day and has Somerset connections.

and for the record, Adam Ellis apologised to me after the meeting last week as he felt bad.

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

you have no idea whatsoever regarding Ellis.

i'd have him at the club 100%.

and for the record, Adam Ellis apologised to me after the meeting last week as he felt bad.

There were many reasons why we lost that Play-off final, the selection of the guests was only one of them.   It was unfortunate that Niels got injured,  as it was unfortunate  that MPT  was taken out , both such important members of our team.  These are unfortunate  instances that happened.    In an ordinary league match  guests serve a purpose, but when asked to perform in  vital final it takes a special rider to step up to the plate.    It is a massive gamble expecting a rider to up his game to the same level of expectation that the competing teams. So I was surprised that Lynn  contested the services of Ellis from Poole when it was so obvious R/R would have been more beneficial.    I had been impressed with Ellis's form this year  but this was a big ask..      It was always going to be difficult for Ellis to deliver.      I was disappointed with his application in the first leg,   but that was nothing to what he delivered in our home leg.    He was poor,    he rode like a novice, and was never in contention and that is what I find hard to accept..      I find it difficult to accept  that all our problems are down to luck and that Poole  benefitted from every situation,  even to the point of having a guest over and above their allowance... 

When you consider all the problems, injuries, bad decisions, poor guests  we suffered in those finals.  To win by only 4 pts shows how poor Poole were.     With that amount of bad luck, any team would have beaten us in that situation....    It made a mockery of the whole importance of the  play-off finals..

8 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There were many reasons why we lost that Play-off final, the selection of the guests was only one of them.   It was unfortunate that Niels got injured,  as it was unfortunate  that MPT  was taken out , both such important members of our team.  These are unfortunate  instances that happened.    In an ordinary league match  guests serve a purpose, but when asked to perform in  vital final it takes a special rider to step up to the plate.    It is a massive gamble expecting a rider to up his game to the same level of expectation that the competing teams. So I was surprised that Lynn  contested the services of Ellis from Poole when it was so obvious R/R would have been more beneficial.    I had been impressed with Ellis's form this year  but this was a big ask..      It was always going to be difficult for Ellis to deliver.      I was disappointed with his application in the first leg,   but that was nothing to what he delivered in our home leg.    He was poor,    he rode like a novice, and was never in contention and that is what I find hard to accept..      I find it difficult to accept  that all our problems are down to luck and that Poole  benefitted from every situation,  even to the point of having a guest over and above their allowance... 

When you consider all the problems, injuries, bad decisions, poor guests  we suffered in those finals.  To win by only 4 pts shows how poor Poole were.     With that amount of bad luck, any team would have beaten us in that situation....    It made a mockery of the whole importance of the  play-off finals..

I think Poole did what was required and if we had needed to raise our game in heat 15 we would, i don't believe heat 15 at King's Lynn would have been an easy 5-1 had we needed the points, we would have raised our level like we did in the semi. Several things went wrong for KL and they were unlucky but you cannot say they would have won had the decisions gone for them or the injuries didn't occur. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Really, you should stop chomping on the sour grapes and congratulate Poole for becoming champs. You were beaten by the better team over the two legs. You were blown away at Poole before Palm Toft even got injured. 

• Thanks 1

Charlie boy back :t:

Edited by idh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think Poole did what was required and if we had needed to raise our game in heat 15 we would, i don't believe heat 15 at King's Lynn would have been an easy 5-1 had we needed the points, we would have raised our level like we did in the semi. Several things went wrong for KL and they were unlucky but you cannot say they would have won had the decisions gone for them or the injuries didn't occur. 

Exactly. We will just never know what would have happened if we both had full teams. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really, you should stop chomping on the sour grapes and congratulate Poole for becoming champs. You were beaten by the better team over the two legs. You were blown away at Poole before Palm Toft even got injured. 

You don't half talk some rubbish. The better team did win over the two legs and Poole deserve to be congratulated but you seem to have forgotten that at the end of heat 11, the heat before Palm-Toft was injured, the Stars had reduced your lead from 18 points to 8.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

So after being hijacked again,back on topic.

So Somerset have booked Wright for BWD,bit disappointed was hoping Lynn would get him for Toft.Lynn have Aarnio guesting for Toft other than that Lynn have a full team with Iversen being back.

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So after being hijacked again,back on topic.

So Somerset have booked Wright for BWD,bit disappointed was hoping Lynn would get him for Toft.Lynn have Aarnio guesting for Toft other than that Lynn have a full team with Iversen being back.

Hijacked by one of your own fans though, who just can't let it go. 

Cannot see which way this is going to go. I would have made KL the favourites but now Somerset have booked Wright I think Somerset might just edge it, but Covatti needs to be on it.