British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

3 hours ago, idh said:

Charlie boy back :t:

One condition I hope though is that brother James stays in Jake's corner as he has really got him flying recently! They seem to work well as a team.

• Like 1

I assume Starke is guesting in the 2nd leg because Wright won't fit without the extra 5% but surely a precedent has now been set?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really, you should stop chomping on the sour grapes and congratulate Poole for becoming champs. You were beaten by the better team over the two legs. You were blown away at Poole before Palm Toft even got injured. 

Absolutely spot on - time for some KL fans to move on we was beaten by the better side over the two legs end of - we was the best team over the regular season that’s for sure as our league position shows we all signed up for the same set of rule ie the play offs so time for certain people to congratulate the Pirates on there win and put there sour grapes away . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

So after being hijacked again,back on topic.

So Somerset have booked Wright for BWD,bit disappointed was hoping Lynn would get him for Toft.Lynn have Aarnio guesting for Toft other than that Lynn have a full team with Iversen being back.

At least you have booked a decent guest this time.

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

I assume Starke is guesting in the 2nd leg because Wright won't fit without the extra 5% but surely a precedent has now been set?

Freddie Jacobsen?

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

At least you have booked a decent guest this time.

I will tell you after the meetings whether he was a decent guest or not:wink:

46 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I will tell you after the meetings whether he was a decent guest or not:wink:

Well he can't be worse than Howarth, that isn't possible!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

It sure has.       It would appear that if both managers agree  any rule can be changed to facilitate  any rider...…       Thinking back through the season, I wonder how many teams could have changed their guest if they were offered a similar  privilege..., :t:

31 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It sure has.       It would appear that if both managers agree  any rule can be changed to facilitate  any rider...…       Thinking back through the season, I wonder how many teams could have changed their guest if they were offered a similar  privilege..., :t:

I mean really?! Do I have to start singing 'let it go' at you or something? I have a terrible singing voice but if that is what it takes I'll do it! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Absolutely spot on - time for some KL fans to move on we was beaten by the better side over the two legs end of - we was the best team over the regular season that’s for sure as our league position shows we all signed up for the same set of rule ie the play offs so time for certain people to congratulate the Pirates on there win and put there sour grapes away . 

I cannot agree.

What is past is prologue.

Those who accept it now, will be to blame when it happens again in the future.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well he can't be worse than Howarth, that isn't possible!!

Sadly I think that Terrible Arnio is worse than Howarth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Never mind who's riding, who is the referee?

At least this week there won't be any TV cameras. Ignorance can be bliss sometimes.

Heard its him.... again 

Image result for blind referee pics

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hijacked by one of your own fans though, who just can't let it go. 

Cannot see which way this is going to go. I would have made KL the favourites but now Somerset have booked Wright I think Somerset might just edge it, but Covatti needs to be on it. 

Iversen had a 15 point max last time out at the OTA I think. Not many riders have managed that over the years, and I think he also did it back when he was at Newport.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Sadly I think that Terrible Arnio is worse than Howarth. 

Definitely isn't i saw him guest at Poole he is decent so is NBJacobsen who they could also use which is why i thought Howarth was a strange choice and said so at the time. If you have to choose a guest at least pick one that is in form.