British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

The Stars faulted because of poor performances from R.Lambert and Proctor.

The reserves practically done their job with a 5-1 in heat 2. It's up to the rest of the team to then cover the reserves in the other heats.

Bubble has exploded on the Stars season, today's result not influenced by MPT being missing. Especially as Jack Holder's replacement only bagged 6 point.

There are no excuses for King's Lynn's end of season performances, beaten by the better teams in both finals.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I should of said rule bend ;)

The rule wasn’t bent - it was ignored.  Blatant cheating!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Questions have to be asked about Kings Lynn's mentality.

They always bottle big fixtures.

We don't always bottle big fixtures, we don't get to many big fixtures to claim we always bottle them :t:

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

As has been said previously Poole cheated in the final by using Nick Morris in the second leg.  They had an opportunity to win it fair and square but they chose not to.  They can crow all they want but at the end of day, Nick’s score should be expunged and KL are therefore the true champions.

A week has passed and still on about the same old rubbish, Poole are league champions, it's not going to change 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The reserves practically done their job with a 5-1 in heat 2. It's up to the rest of the team to then cover the reserves in the other heats.

Bubble has exploded on the Stars season, today's result not influenced by MPT being missing. Especially as Jack Holder's replacement only bagged 6 point.

There are no excuses for King's Lynn's end of season performances, beaten by the better teams in both finals.

Apart from HT 2, I don't think a Lynn reserve beat a Somerset one in the whole meeting.. I don't think the reserves did their job myself. Simons 3rd was a 3 rider race.

Tero Aarnio (guest) - 2', 0, 0, 0 = 2+1
7. Simon Lambert - 3, 0, 1', 0 = 4+1

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18460/somerset-kings-lynn-koc-final#ixzz5UE78jyat

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Can only assume Busk Jakobsen wasn't available or prepared to guest tomorrow, otherwise can't see why Aarnio is being used again. To be fair not many options but can't see anything other than a Somerset win on aggregate. Hope i'm wrong!

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Apart from HT 2, I don't think a Lynn reserve beat a Somerset one in the whole meeting.. I don't think the reserves did their job myself.

Think S.Lambert done his job,but we are finding it difficult to find a suitable replacement for Toft.As i said though Wright would have done the job for us.Surely once Toft was injured,confirmed last Tuesday the management should have thought about replacements then.If they overlooked Wright then that was criminal.Maybe Wright had already committed to Somerset who knows.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think S.Lambert done his job,but we are finding it difficult to find a suitable replacement for Toft.As i said though Wright would have done the job for us.Surely once Toft was injured,confirmed last Tuesday the management should have thought about replacements then.If they overlooked Wright then that was criminal.Maybe Wright had already committed to Somerset who knows.

If you take Simons "gifted" 3rd he scored 3. That's his average, so I suppose I was a bit harsh there. If we can't use Wright, maybe if Auty is free? Capable of popping out and getting a win or 2 from reserve.

36 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You seem to have gotten more and more bitter as the season has gone on 

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If you take Simons "gifted" 3rd he scored 3. That's his average, so I suppose I was a bit harsh there. If we can't use Wright, maybe if Auty is free? Capable of popping out and getting a win or 2 from reserve. 

Auty's season is over due to ankle problems- unfortunately for us.

Just wondered if Robert Lambert received a warning for NOT moving at the start in heat 15?? He jumped got it wrong and cost himself a chance of preventing the Rebels 5-1. Considering he was on gate one too he can't blame anyone else as he was looking left at the magnets.

Jorgensen got away with a massive roller in heat 10 somehow and NKI was pushing his luck with delaying the start even before he actually got warned. Mind you so did Simon Lambert in heat two and only got warned in heat 4 when he tried it again and failed as he finished last.

Fair play to Charles to the performance he put in tonight especially after his trip over the handlebars on the second bend of heat 8. Quite an acrobatic tumble i think if anyone has any pictures of it! All of the Rebels did well and battled hard. My feeling in heat 14 was that I may have just seen Richard win his last race at home in a Rebels jacket, until that ride he wasn't at the races considering he was a heatleader on home shale. Jake and Nico were great value as always and Bomber's ride in heat was typical of him as is probably the '3210 scorecard' against his name at the end of the night. Doyley seemed to lack speed after heat one which was very quick, in the 56's until heat 15.

Hopefully 16 points is enough and the KO Cup will be heading back to Somerset at this time tomorrow! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, drew2 said:

Fair play to Charles to the performance he put in tonight especially after his trip over the handlebars on the second bend of heat 8. Quite an acrobatic tumble i think if anyone has any pictures of it!

I can go one better than a picture ;)  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Very similar to the Mildenhall situation. Worthy champions, that look like they have run out of steam. 

58 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Very similar to the Mildenhall situation. Worthy champions, that look like they have run out of steam. 

You would be very Nieave to write Lynn off in the 2nd leg, believe me. Somerset still have work to do.

Edited by Starman2006

6 hours ago, speedybee said:

I can go one better than a picture ;)  

Ouch, they are a tough breed these guys.

• Like 2