British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

53 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

And it wasn’t within the rules to use Morris, irrespective of whether Chapman, Godfrey and Vatcher agreed to do so.

No, and whose fault is that? Allit! Poole had Ellis booked for Kings Lynn. There’s a word for what happened.

KARMA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

And it wasn’t within the rules to use Morris, irrespective of whether Chapman, Godfrey and Vatcher agreed to do so.

Chapman didn't agree, it was their idea! Poole agreed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking as a neutral i think this tie is far from over, R.Lambert and Riss are an awesome pairing at home and if they start off in heat 1 how they did last week it could make things interesting, in all fairness i don't think Starke will get the points that Wright did last night and Lawson didn't score a point on Somersets last visit, i hope tonights referee has been to specsavers since he officiated at the league meeting v Belle Vue in august when he made 2 howlers (both in favour of the home team) which was pointed out on here and on the updates page and rightly so, if Iversen has a good meeting and the rest of the Lynn team ride as well at home as they have done for the majority of this season i think this could go down to the wire.

I don't think this is over at all, King's Lynn can do it, they scared Poole a bit and that was with Howarth and Ellis doing nothing, if they had chosen  different guests they may have beaten us by more than 16. If they use Premiership averages then they could have Wright to guest for MPT.

1 hour ago, therefused said:

IT WAS IN THE RULES TO BOOK ELLIS

Ive put it nice and big and in bold for you so you can maybe understand it. 

Poole had Ellis booked it was KL that wanted Ellis and forced Poole to not use him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Robert obviously had a big off night and that didn’t help the cause,  we all expect so much from him because of his fantastic form this year, he had an off night, he’s had plenty of great nights during the season to help get us where we are .......... there were others who we expect more from but you do when you have a strong team, but some ya win, some ya lose, we’re only human after all ...... they’ll be hurting more than any of us, they are the ones doing the business, have done the business all year to great effect, it’s wonderful to win, it’s harder to lose when you are so close ......

And that's the problem with our sport.     You say, some we win and some we lose..   the only problem with that is all the other matches throughout the season are not important.   to lose a league match is of no consequence.  According to the design of the whole speedway season its only the play-offs that matter.     So my suggestion to our team of riders , is if you want to have an off night do it during the season when it don't matter a bit.   If you are going to have an off night in the finals then we have to ask ourselves 'What's the point of it all'

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poole had Ellis booked it was KL that wanted Ellis and forced Poole to not use him.

how lynn force poole not to use him? they could have there was nothing stopping it

10 minutes ago, therefused said:

how lynn force poole not to use him? they could have there was nothing stopping it

I don't think they did :t:

Lynn didn't force Poole to do anything...How could they ??? Ford wont give anything away if he thinks will help an opposing team, that's for sure.. IF Lynn and Poole agreed between themselves that Poole could use a rider that didn't fit, it was up to the powers that be so say  "NO...… We are not bending a long standing rule to suit just one meeting !!! "

Simples.

It's done now. Might as well let it go...for now :wink:

But can you imagine what would of happened if Lynn wanted to use a rider that didn't fit against anyone, let alone Poole.

Charles Wright fits for Somerset at Lynn in the 2nd leg with +5% ..  Can you imagine it....".Oh he don't fit", I hear everyone  say.. That's sorted says May, i've dropped Buster a text and he said it was cushty… as long as Lynn can have 1 and 3 in the 1st heat.. Nothing to see here :blink:

6 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Is this a Poole thread / It says Somerset v Kings Lynn :blink:

Unfortunately most threads turn into Poole threads:(

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Unfortunately most threads turn into Poole threads:(

Yes and generally not Poole fans who turn them in to Poole threads .

52 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think they did :t:

Lynn didn't force Poole to do anything...How could they ??? Ford wont give anything away if he thinks will help an opposing team, that's for sure.. IF Lynn and Poole agreed between themselves that Poole could use a rider that didn't fit, it was up to the powers that be so say  "NO...… We are not bending a long standing rule to suit just one meeting !!! "

Simples.

It's done now. Might as well let it go...for now :wink:

But can you imagine what would of happened if Lynn wanted to use a rider that didn't fit against anyone, let alone Poole.

Charles Wright fits for Somerset at Lynn in the 2nd leg with +5% ..  Can you imagine it....".Oh he don't fit", I hear everyone  say.. That's sorted says May, i've dropped Buster a text and he said it was cushty… as long as Lynn can have 1 and 3 in the 1st heat.. Nothing to see here :blink:

Charles Wright could be used for Kings Lynn couldn't they?

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Maybe force is to strong but it was Kings Lynn who wanted Ellis for both meetings and Poole agreed to it. In my opinion both teams should have been made to use r/r and both teams should have been made to get a number 8.

Anyway back to tonight a lot of fans are blaming Tero Aarnio for the result but he isn't a bad rider and got 6 points at Poole for Somerset earlier in the season. What do Kings Lynn fans want Howarth? 

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Charles Wright could be used for Kings Lynn couldn't they?

No,although his average fits in easily.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Anyway back to tonight a lot of fans are blaming Tero Aarnio for the result but he isn't a bad rider and got 6 points at Poole for Somerset earlier in the season. What do Kings Lynn fans want Howarth? 

Hmm,i would rather the extra 5% and have Wells at reserve:P:D.

Ben Barker anyone:shock:

Edited by tellboy