British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No,although his average fits in easily.

Hmm,i would rather the extra 5% and have Wells at reserve:P:D.

Ben Barker anyone:shock:

Ben Barker has a broken leg!

Aarnio has a point higher average than Starke so should beat him at least.

Always thought it a bit crazy that when using a guest he uses the average for the rider he is replacing and not his actual average because if Starke used his own average he would be at reserve.

Edited by foreverblue

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ben Barker has a broken leg!

Aarnio has a point higher average than Starke so should beat him at least.

Oh didn't realise Barker had broke his leg.

As i said when i started this topic would like to see Wright in,especially down in Somerset,the tie would have been in the Stars favour now.Plus we would have had the option to use tonight but that is out the window now Somerset have already used him.

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Charles Wright could be used for Kings Lynn couldn't they?

:nono: You know the new rule :wink:

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Oh didn't realise Barker had broke his leg.

As i said when i started this topic would like to see Wright in,especially down in Somerset,the tie would have been in the Stars favour now.Plus we would have had the option to use tonight but that is out the window now Somerset have already used him.

But in Stars favour is you have a 7 man team, you probably wouldn't want Wright away from Somerset and you have a team that is pretty impressive at home and Somerset can't count on Starke for many points either, this isn't over yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Anyway back to tonight a lot of fans are blaming Tero Aarnio for the result but he isn't a bad rider and got 6 points at Poole for Somerset earlier in the season. What do Kings Lynn fans want Howarth? 

Aarnio didn't do his job, but neither did Lambo to be fair. Hope he get pick up a few more tonight.. Aarnio I mean. Lambo should be fine.

I think it could go down to HT 15.

For Lynn

Erik should score well tonight, around 8-9 from 4.( Makes strong pair with Lambo at home)

I expect Lambo to hit 11 from 5. 

NKI. 9 from 5

TJ and Ty around 14-15 between them.

Expecting/hoping Lynn's reserves to score around 8-9.

Rebels....  

Top scorer JD,  11...without risking to much, no need.

Reserves, still strong, 14 Inc Some of the RR rides.

Harris, 8

Lawson needs a solid meeting as does Starke at 3 for the Rebels.

May the best team over the 2 legs win.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Unfortunately most threads turn into Poole threads:(

By KL and other fans who cannot let it go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikebendone said:

Sorry to butt in, a group of us travelled up from Plymouth for the home leg, a first rate atmosphere and very good racing plus a good win.

One of are group had a bad turn just after heat 8,the St johns medical team looked after him .

This is a very big thank you to the medical team plus the Somerset staff, plus a very big thank you D/H the promoter for popping into the medical room to check on Len.

We did all get to see the last three heats.

WE are back in Plymouth now, and Len is ok after the scare he gave us, Once again a very big thank you to all the medical staff and Somerset speedway.

It turned out to be a very good night of speedway, I wish Somerset all the very best for the second leg and for next season.

Very best whishes'   Mike Bend one.

Glad you enjoyed the racing and that Len is ok. Good job all round by Somerset.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

:nono: You know the new rule :wink:

Do they though???......when some people ask daft questions I await them asking if a rider can ride for both teams same night......it'll be asked one day.

5 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Do they though???......when some people ask daft questions I await them asking if a rider can ride for both teams same night......it'll be asked one day.

I am sure this has already happened! In speedway, anything goes and anything is possible. I am confident that the 'we'll lend you our No. 7 for the rest of the match' has been heard before.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

By KL and other fans who cannot let it go. 

Because cheating is something that just shouldn’t be accepted

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am sure this has already happened! In speedway, anything goes and anything is possible. I am confident that the 'we'll lend you our No. 7 for the rest of the match' has been heard before.

I would imagine it has.......and that's why I/we spend time, words, high blood pressure attacks, in often failed efforts to convince those who don't appreciate speedway as a serious sport to perhaps alter their views....All too often the image of speedway is as a circus sport  and is proven to doubters by such stupid rider 'sharing'.....so silly.

47 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Please tell us where Poole have cheated...?

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Shame KL suggested it then, just to stop us using Ellis.