British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If the powers that be change their rule that they originally made to allow Morris to ride, how have they broken it? If it wasn't changed for the fixture then they would have broken it. 

Can you point to the rule amendment that made Nick Morris a legal guest at King's Lynn.

They said they had amended the rules to prevent the guests riding for both sides. This was the rule amendment:

Supplementary Regulation - SR1810 A rider may guest for only one team in any leg of a 2-legged competition (home and away)

This made no amendment to Nick's legality to ride in the away fixture, and he was over the allowed average. There is no amendment to the 5% being allowed only at home.

It's not Poole at fault here. Obviously they were informed they could use Nick Morris in both legs, but there is no rule that seems to allow it. The rule amendment was a bit of a cock-up. No surprise there.

The obvious thing would have been to allow Ellis to ride for Poole and Morris to ride for King's Lynn.

But, at the of of the day, Poole were given permission to use Nick Morris, so, even it was, technically, apparently illegal they never cheated as they were given permission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

No it wasn’t - show everyone the rule you are referring to

Love the way Kings Lynn caused the mess but with your agenda you only blame Poole.

chomp chomp chomp.....:lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Love the way Kings Lynn caused the mess but with your agenda you only blame Poole.

Don't expect anything else from you because at the end of the day you will never ever in a million years believe Poole will do anything wrong.They are whiter than white in your eyes.I just wish you could think outside the box sometimes just for the good of speedway in general.There's just a couple of posters like you it just so happens they support Poole as well.

Let's just forget about this episode now and try to think of ways of making speedway survive,for every club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

First may I congratulate Garry May and the Somerset Rebels on their success of winning the KO cup.   Without doubt, you were the best  team in the final.    The fact you achieved this with half a team and 3guests merely highlights how poor the Stars were.   What was suppose to be a season finale,   turned into a damp squib..  I've  experienced more atmosphere  in a dentist waiting room.  The place was dead. On a night when we had to wait 5 heats before we had a race winner, any thought of a come back were gone by that time.   The only pairing to offer any excitement was Lambert and Riss, who showed the others how it is suppose to be done....  

Like I have said, I have fallen out of love with this sport and see so many things that disappoints me,  for that reason this was probably my last meeting.    I'm so fed-up with the consistent gate and go races.  the track is that grippy the only rider prepared to fight from the back is usually Lambert.   Most races are decided but the back straight..

Why did we have to stand around in the cold for half an hour waiting for the meeting to start??    They said it was about the team formation, but we all know it was to allow the late comers time to get in .       Again our guest selection was dire, never in a million years would he come close to the standard of MPT.     His inclusion all but sealed our fate. 

The respect I once had for NKI is fast disappearing,    Tonight he was selfish. he obviously had a point to prove, an axe to grind,  but to whom.     The fans here use to love him when every week he would perform to the highest level.    But not any more..     For three races he couldn't care lass, he  rode like a novice,  50 yds adrift, shutting off  halfway down the straight,  his application was nil.   Then come heat 13,  the toughest race of the night, he makes a lightening start and is gone, leaving the likes of Doyle  and Bomber well adrift..    whether he has issues with Dale or Buster I don't know, but one thing for sure he didn't enthral anybody with his performance last night.    Its as if the fans don't matter.     a 16pt mountain was always to high to climb, but we could have made a fight of it..... 

Probably, more sceptical than most,   I feel this could have been our water shed season.  Everything was in place to write our chapter in the history books, but unfortunately we fell way short.   I cant imagine there ever  being a better chance then we had this year , but as usual, we ended up with nothing.

The brilliant fireworks display at the end ensured we finished the season with a bang,   just a pity it wasn't reflected on the track....

Don't agree on all your post,but one thing i do agree on is the NKI bit totally.He seems like he has been in protest about something all season.

9 hours ago, tigerowl said:

Doyle - A SOMERSET RIDER!

SWINDON :lol:

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

First may I congratulate Garry May and the Somerset Rebels on their success of winning the KO cup.   Without doubt, you were the best  team in the final.    The fact you achieved this with half a team and 3guests merely highlights how poor the Stars were.   What was suppose to be a season finale,   turned into a damp squib..  I've  experienced more atmosphere  in a dentist waiting room.  The place was dead. On a night when we had to wait 5 heats before we had a race winner, any thought of a come back were gone by that time.   The only pairing to offer any excitement was Lambert and Riss, who showed the others how it is suppose to be done....  

Like I have said, I have fallen out of love with this sport and see so many things that disappoints me,  for that reason this was probably my last meeting.    I'm so fed-up with the consistent gate and go races.  the track is that grippy the only rider prepared to fight from the back is usually Lambert.   Most races are decided but the back straight..

Why did we have to stand around in the cold for half an hour waiting for the meeting to start??    They said it was about the team formation, but we all know it was to allow the late comers time to get in .       Again our guest selection was dire, never in a million years would he come close to the standard of MPT.     His inclusion all but sealed our fate. 

The respect I once had for NKI is fast disappearing,    Tonight he was selfish. he obviously had a point to prove, an axe to grind,  but to whom.     The fans here use to love him when every week he would perform to the highest level.    But not any more..     For three races he couldn't care lass, he  rode like a novice,  50 yds adrift, shutting off  halfway down the straight,  his application was nil.   Then come heat 13,  the toughest race of the night, he makes a lightening start and is gone, leaving the likes of Doyle  and Bomber well adrift..    whether he has issues with Dale or Buster I don't know, but one thing for sure he didn't enthral anybody with his performance last night.    Its as if the fans don't matter.     a 16pt mountain was always to high to climb, but we could have made a fight of it..... 

Probably, more sceptical than most,   I feel this could have been our water shed season.  Everything was in place to write our chapter in the history books, but unfortunately we fell way short.   I cant imagine there ever  being a better chance then we had this year , but as usual, we ended up with nothing.

The brilliant fireworks display at the end ensured we finished the season with a bang,   just a pity it wasn't reflected on the track....

Says it all for me. Thank You Mr Webb.

Congratulations to the Rebels. Well deserved.

Have to feel some sympathy for Stars fans who were the best team over the full season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kings Lynn did not cause anything - the rules (as was) permitted them to use Adam Ellis in the first leg at Poole - they didn’t (and still don’t) allow Poole to use Nick Morris at Kings Lynn.   I don’t have any agenda either but what I can’t stand is a team (any team - including Swindon) that benefits from a blatant disregard of the rules.  As I have said, Poole could have legally used RR and won with a legal team - and I would have congratulated them for that.  However, they chose to include an ineligible rider according to the rules and a team that benefits from ignoring the rules are cheats! QED

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Kings Lynn did not cause anything - the rules (as was) permitted them to use Adam Ellis in the first leg at Poole - they didn’t (and still don’t) allow Poole to use Nick Morris at Kings Lynn.   I don’t have any agenda either but what I can’t stand is a team (any team - including Swindon) that benefits from a blatant disregard of the rules.  As I have said, Poole could have legally used RR and won with a legal team - and I would have congratulated them for that.  However, they chose to include an ineligible rider according to the rules and a team that benefits from ignoring the rules are cheats! QED

Off the subject of Morris I think using rr is very dangerous as Somerset found out in the semi final when they lost against Poole which probably cost them a place in the final.

13 minutes ago, Greener21 said:

Off the subject of Morris I think using rr is very dangerous as Somerset found out in the semi final when they lost against Poole which probably cost them a place in the final.

I agree it’s a risk but Poole were up for it and would easily have scored what Nick scored - and possibly more and would have been deserving champions 

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

That doesn't surprise me with regards to Iversen. If it felt like he was making a statement he probably was. That's why during the Play-Offs I'm not buying the injury nonsense for the home leg. I firmly believe that Iversen was purposely stepped down to stop Poole using in form Ellis at the AFA. The Stars management tried to play games and it back fired. The choice of guests has been nothing short of abysmal too and strange that both Poole and Somerset managed to get it right. I'm not having availability nonsense either as other teams haven't had that problem. 

With regards to the track and the racing, it doesn't surprise me that it's still gate and go. The only way that will change is if Buster moves aside. The man is delusional so will never happen in the near future.

With regards to Allitt, I'm not sure about stepping him down. I don't blame him at all. Unfortunately, every man at King's Lynn has to be a yes man to Buster, hence Rob Lyon stepped down as manager. His differing views were not to Buster's liking so was moved on. 

The problems at King's Lynn are firmly down to one man and one man only. He is single handily destroying the club and he has a personality that he feel untouchable. 

Yes, some say King's Lynn have had a good season by finishing top of the table. Numbers wise they have but racing wise has there been an exceptional meeting to watch? Have you been given value for money? Think of the fuel spent, admission costs, spend at the outlets at the stadium, food to and from the meetings etc. That should be the question Stars fans genuinely ask themselves.

For me, as a Stars fan I'll continue to pick and choose meetings away from home. Far more enjoyable than anything that happens at the AFA.

28 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Kings Lynn did not cause anything - the rules (as was) permitted them to use Adam Ellis in the first leg

You know full well that King's Lynn caused the situation. When King's Lynn announced Ellis the whole forum went into meltdown about how embarrassing it would make the sport look by having a guest appear for 2 different teams in a final. Blame is only at the door of the King's Lynn management for the whole debacle of the Play-Offs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That doesn't surprise me with regards to Iversen. If it felt like he was making a statement he probably was. That's why during the Play-Offs I'm not buying the injury nonsense for the home leg. I firmly believe that Iversen was purposely stepped down to stop Poole using in form Ellis at the AFA. The Stars management tried to play games and it back fired. The choice of guests has been nothing short of abysmal too and strange that both Poole and Somerset managed to get it right. I'm not having availability nonsense either as other teams haven't had that problem. 

With regards to the track and the racing, it doesn't surprise me that it's still gate and go. The only way that will change is if Buster moves aside. The man is delusional so will never happen in the near future.

With regards to Allitt, I'm not sure about stepping him down. I don't blame him at all. Unfortunately, every man at King's Lynn has to be a yes man to Buster, hence Rob Lyon stepped down as manager. His differing views were not to Buster's liking so was moved on. 

The problems at King's Lynn are firmly down to one man and one man only. He is single handily destroying the club and he has a personality that he feel untouchable. 

Yes, some say King's Lynn have had a good season by finishing top of the table. Numbers wise they have but racing wise has there been an exceptional meeting to watch? Have you been given value for money? Think of the fuel spent, admission costs, spend at the outlets at the stadium, food to and from the meetings etc. That should be the question Stars fans genuinely ask themselves.

For me, as a Stars fan I'll continue to pick and choose meetings away from home. Far more enjoyable than anything that happens at the AFA.

So true, on so may points,   I too have those same feelings regard to the guests and that alone could have had made all the difference between winning and losing....   I don't believe the league will allow us to have such a strong team in the future, so in the context of having an opportunity, it will never be better than it was this year...

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I agree it’s a risk but Poole were up for it and would easily have scored what Nick scored - and possibly more and would have been deserving champions 

You are aware this is not a Poole thread and once again you are turning it in to one with your anti Poole agenda.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You are aware this is not a Poole thread and once again you are turning it in to one with your anti Poole agenda.

Surprise surprise, he just can't handle it. Shame. It's very interesting that  Swindon fans have more of a problem with this Morris guesting situation than most Lynn fans do.