British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

3 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Even now you still don’t get it .

You want top to have a trophy, well I'm glad they don't as the playoffs won't be as exciting. Can't see BT sports being too impressed with that idea either.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surprise surprise, he just can't handle it. Shame. It's very interesting that  Swindon fans have more of a problem with this Morris guesting situation than most Lynn fans do. 

I don't have a problem with it. I was just correcting your assumption that the rules were changed to allow it.

They weren't. They were changed to prevent a rider riding for both clubs in a two-way tie.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You want top to have a trophy, well I'm glad they don't as the playoffs won't be as exciting. Can't see BT sports being too impressed with that idea either.

How would you feel if BT pull the plug on League racing and only show the GP’s. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

With regards to the track and the racing, it doesn't surprise me that it's still gate and go. The only way that will change is if Buster moves aside. The man is delusional so will never happen in the near future.

With regards to Allitt, I'm not sure about stepping him down. I don't blame him at all. Unfortunately, every man at King's Lynn has to be a yes man to Buster, hence Rob Lyon stepped down as manager. His differing views were not to Buster's liking so was moved on. 

The problems at King's Lynn are firmly down to one man and one man only. He is single handily destroying the club and he has a personality that he feel untouchable. 

Yes, some say King's Lynn have had a good season by finishing top of the table. Numbers wise they have but racing wise has there been an exceptional meeting to watch? Have you been given value for money? Think of the fuel spent, admission costs, spend at the outlets at the stadium, food to and from the meetings etc. That should be the question Stars fans genuinely ask themselves.

For me, as a Stars fan I'll continue to pick and choose meetings away from home. Far more enjoyable than anything that happens at the AFA.

Something else I can only agree with 100% Unless someone bought out Buster no change is possible at the AFA. Regardless of who else is Team manager or Co-promoter they have no real say in what goes. A tragedy really because Buster did a great job of building up the KL stadium, in fact, I salute him but sadly now he is a despot and I really can't see fans returning in any number to watch the Stars at home while it is run by him. Nor to UK speedway while the Chapman / Godfrey control continues. they have no idea on what is required to attract new fans. And it's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

I think that is a very likely possibility as some promoters don't think much of the BT deal.

18 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I think that is a very likely possibility as some promoters don't think much of the BT deal.

I don’t think much of some promoters especially when they agree to disregard regulations.

Until they learn to work together for the greater good of the sport then it’s doomed, BT deal or not

• Like 1

Still no sign of Gavan.. Chomp chomp chomp

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Still no sign of Gavan.. Chomp chomp chomp

Still no sign of any humility...... sad sad sad

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

The playoffs are to decide who wins the league. If you want top to have a trophy then don't have the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Then the likely outcome would be one combined league at a lower level without any of the top riders as  many clubs lost money this year   

Edited by A ORLOV

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Then the likely outcome would be one combined league at a lower level without any of the top riders as  many clubs lost money this year   

Apparently Poole are ok - so we can all rejoice :wink:

it is worrying times that even with a diluted product, clubs still struggle to balance their books.  Without radical, back to basics action, British speedway will continue its long lingering path to extinction :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

From their point of view there has been some pretty dreadful fixtures on tv this season. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The playoffs are to decide who wins the league. If you want top to have a trophy then don't have the playoffs. 

I think in Rugby League they have League winners and play offs. It seems to work for them. In your above response you say the playoffs are to decide who WINS the league. By definition that must mean the best team over the season surely, not a team that may be 10 points off the top and win say 4 matches at the end. Our sport is dying on its feet, when I try to explain our set up re the playoffs to sporty friends of mine their response is what is the point of knocking yourself out ( with our guys literally sometimes) and finishing top to get potentially rockall. In a funny way I think this whole business with Nick Morris will hopefully encourage a change in thinking at the top level.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

From their point of view there has been some pretty dreadful fixtures on tv this season. 

Apart from BV (and possibly Somerset), I cant remember a decent televised meeting this year