British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Apart from BV (and possibly Somerset), I cant remember a decent televised meeting this year

I agree, my affiliation to Somerset prevented me from saying the same lol.

15 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

How many meetings did BT actually show this year, not including GP's ?

Not sure, I saw a couple then did not bother watching anymore. 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Surprise surprise, he just can't handle it. Shame. It's very interesting that  Swindon fans have more of a problem with this Morris guesting situation than most Lynn fans do. 

Couldn't care less!

2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

I think in Rugby League they have League winners and play offs. It seems to work for them. In your above response you say the playoffs are to decide who WINS the league. By definition that must mean the best team over the season surely, not a team that may be 10 points off the top and win say 4 matches at the end. Our sport is dying on its feet, when I try to explain our set up re the playoffs to sporty friends of mine their response is what is the point of knocking yourself out ( with our guys literally sometimes) and finishing top to get potentially rockall. In a funny way I think this whole business with Nick Morris will hopefully encourage a change in thinking at the top level.

I have said this to many friends at work to re the play-offs and they find that a turn off and what's the point.Yet some of them have found the actual racing on tv quite good.

Is speedway the only sport where the actual winners of the league actually get nothing.In many other sports i know they have play-offs but the league winners are mainly rewarded for their seasons achievement in the form of a trophy are they not:unsure:

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I have said this to many friends at work to re the play-offs and they find that a turn off and what's the point.Yet some of them have found the actual racing on tv quite good.

Is speedway the only sport where the actual winners of the league actually get nothing.In many other sports i know they have play-offs but the league winners are mainly rewarded for their seasons achievement in the form of a trophy are they not:unsure:

My point exactly.

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Still no sign of Gavan.. Chomp chomp chomp

Perhaps just perhaps he got better things to do than read some of the crap day in and day out on here :t:

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Perhaps just perhaps he got better things to do than read some of the crap day in and day out on here :t:

Doubt it, he's normally on here 24/7, dont stick up for him, just think about what he would have said from now untill Christmas had we got beat. Im thinking of going into the Sour Grape business, id make a fortune on here.. Chomp chomp chomp.:rofl:

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

Doubt it. With the H12 contravsory at Poole, he wouldn't be able to help himself!

Isn't this thread Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final / Kings Lynn v Somerset KO Cup final.

How about getting back on track any other topics start a new thread

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Congratulations to the Rebels. Well deserved.

Have to feel some sympathy for Stars fans who were the best team over the full season.

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Kings Lynn did not cause anything - the rules (as was) permitted them to use Adam Ellis in the first leg at Poole - they didn’t (and still don’t) allow Poole to use Nick Morris at Kings Lynn.   I don’t have any agenda either but what I can’t stand is a team (any team - including Swindon) that benefits from a blatant disregard of the rules.  As I have said, Poole could have legally used RR and won with a legal team - and I would have congratulated them for that.  However, they chose to include an ineligible rider according to the rules and a team that benefits from ignoring the rules are cheats! QED

You would never have congratulated Poole no matter what. At least admit it. 

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I agree it’s a risk but Poole were up for it and would easily have scored what Nick scored - and possibly more and would have been deserving champions 

We are deserving Champs. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make our victory any less. And Poole fans will not lose any sleep over the Morris situation as it wasn’t of our making. If we had named Morris as our guest in the second leg without Kings Lynn booking Ellis it would have been a different story. But we all know, including yourself, that wasn’t the case.

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You know full well that King's Lynn caused the situation. When King's Lynn announced Ellis the whole forum went into meltdown about how embarrassing it would make the sport look by having a guest appear for 2 different teams in a final. Blame is only at the door of the King's Lynn management for the whole debacle of the Play-Offs. 

Glad to see a Kings Lynn fan see it how it was. Well done that man.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

No. Both the Swedish and Polish leagues are playoff winners take all. As are many sports inc American Football. 

Every year when the table toppers don’t win it we get the usual ‘we are the champs” bleating. Back in 2010 it happened to Poole who were 20 plus points ahead of Coventry. I don’t think we had any Poole fans saying “we are the real champs”. We just sucked it up and came back the following season and won it again.

Kings Lynn had a good season but all they won was the right to have first pick in the semi, and the pic for second leg of final at home (with rich financial rewards)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I think that is a very likely possibility as some promoters don't think much of the BT deal.

Maybe not.. If the £3k live meeting thing is indeed true. I doubt it covers the loss on the gate. But it is a way of getting speedway out there I guess. It was said that Sky money was pretty big, but it didn't seem to do much. I don't know where all the money went ?

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe not.. If the £3k live meeting thing is indeed true. I doubt it covers the loss on the gate. But it is a way of getting speedway out there I guess. It was said that Sky money was pretty big, but it didn't seem to do much. I don't know where all the money went ?

Riders' pockets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Riders' pockets.

If that was the case, there must be a lot of riders who took hefty pay cuts since the Sky money stopped !