Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Now confirmed that Harris guests for Holder

Not surprised Harris is in good form and with Doyle in heat 13 and 15, Robert Lambert and Iversen are going to have their work cut out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not surprised Harris is in good form and with Doyle in heat 13 and 15, Robert Lambert and Iversen are going to have their work cut out.

Don’t think Chris has been all that at our place .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not surprised Harris is in good form and with Doyle in heat 13 and 15, Robert Lambert and Iversen are going to have their work cut out.

So the bloke who knocked us out of the play off final is now riding for us in the cup final, if i was a somerset fan i would be up in arms and couldnt offer any support to harris .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So the bloke who knocked us out of the play off final is now riding for us in the cup final, if i was a somerset fan i would be up in arms and couldnt offer any support to harris .

Don't see why not , he will give his all for you just like he did for us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see why not , he will give his all for you just like he did for us.

100% agree Harris will give his best,but how can a rider.........infact i give up trying to explain to others.

Edited by speedwaysliders
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So the bloke who knocked us out of the play off final is now riding for us in the cup final, if i was a somerset fan i would be up in arms and couldnt offer any support to harris .

The choice of Bomber as guest does speedway no credibility, not a good move! How can speedway ever be treated with any respect with the media & others outside our own little world. The people that control our "sport" must look @ the  bigger picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So the bloke who knocked us out of the play off final is now riding for us in the cup final, if i was a somerset fan i would be up in arms and couldnt offer any support to harris .

No pleasing some is there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So the bloke who knocked us out of the play off final is now riding for us in the cup final, if i was a somerset fan i would be up in arms and couldnt offer any support to harris .

Good job he was still at Rye House when Poole were knocked out of the cup by................Somerset:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

The choice of Bomber as guest does speedway no credibility, not a good move! How can speedway ever be treated with any respect with the media & others outside our own little world. The people that control our "sport" must look @ the  bigger picture. 

Over the years is  their any team he hasnt "guested" for or rode for ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Employing guests to cover for injured riders should be the way to go,     but they need to be of a reliable nature,    not someone like Ellis who clearly had other intentions.   Had we used R/R in the second leg, after his obvious performance in the first,  we would have won that Play-offs   no problems.     I will never understand the reasons why Lynn used a guest who had so much history with Poole...    With Robert,   Rizz ,  Proctor and TJ   all going well , they would always score more than a dubious guest....       

 I  hope NKI  is fit to ride,   but if not,  don't lets go down that same road as last week.  Leave it to our own riders who wont let you down......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Employing guests to cover for injured riders should be the way to go,     but they need to be of a reliable nature,    not someone like Ellis who clearly had other intentions.   Had we used R/R in the second leg, after his obvious performance in the first,  we would have won that Play-offs   no problems.     I will never understand the reasons why Lynn used a guest who had so much history with Poole...    With Robert,   Rizz ,  Proctor and TJ   all going well , they would always score more than a dubious guest....       

 I  hope NKI  is fit to ride,   but if not,  don't lets go down that same road as last week.  Leave it to our own riders who wont let you down......

What a load of rubbish. Ellis had one season at Poole!  I would have loved to have kept him, but he was released back to Lakeside and then sold to Swindon. 

Good luck to Bomber, he will give it everything. That said, I would prefer KIngs Lynn to win the Cup!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Employing guests to cover for injured riders should be the way to go,     but they need to be of a reliable nature,    not someone like Ellis who clearly had other intentions.   Had we used R/R in the second leg, after his obvious performance in the first,  we would have won that Play-offs   no problems.     I will never understand the reasons why Lynn used a guest who had so much history with Poole...    With Robert,   Rizz ,  Proctor and TJ   all going well , they would always score more than a dubious guest....       

 I  hope NKI  is fit to ride,   but if not,  don't lets go down that same road as last week.  Leave it to our own riders who wont let you down......

I don’t accept that - he just didn’t ride as well as he has this season - this May be due to machinery but certainly not an agent for Poole :nono:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

i think the difference is going to be the reserves, somersets are far stronger Allen in top  form and Covotti good back up

Still need to be winning races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy